Recycle 2019 - worth it? or is it something in Reason 11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samsome

19 Nov 2019

this must have been asked a 1000 times

Recycle 2019 - worth it?

or is it something you can do on your own in Reason 11?

VIVIsect

19 Nov 2019

For working with loops in Reason, I've become reliant on the Vice VST from New Sonic Arts. It basically does everything that I wished Recycle could do inside of Reason.

pushedbutton

19 Nov 2019

it's 2013 software that is a slight overhaul of 1994 software.
Let's face it, you've got to really really love making REX loops to get some use out of it.
Having said that, some people really do.
I own it, I don't think I've found a use for it in a while but then again I'm not everyone.
If you're serious about making sample packs the REX format still peeks some interest but if you're an occasional user the vast majority of Recycles advantages are covered in Reason. It's not hugely expensive compared to some REs and you might be the sort of person who likes to stock up your arsenal for every eventuality. Unless you're really into processing samples without loading up Reason you might be disappointed with how basic this tool is. BPM is 'calculated' not analyzed and it's easy to cock it up with the wrong settings. I'd score it 'meh' out of 5 in 2019.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

samsome

19 Nov 2019

i see that Vice VST is still 99 euros, so i just wonder

is Recycle a better choice assuming its same price

samsome

19 Nov 2019

i see

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2019

Aaaa. But when they do finally announce the release of Recycle RS SuperPro X the upgrade price for current owners of Recycle 2.2 will be just $5. :)

I think I may have dreamt that though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

pushedbutton

19 Nov 2019

I'd be all over that $5 upgrade if it analized BPM and key.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
19 Nov 2019
I'd be all over that $5 upgrade if it analized BPM and key.
Of course it will.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reggie1979

19 Nov 2019

It's just me, but I found it cumbersome and unnecessary. Reason is also cumbersome in that respect. The thingy mention here looks promising but I wonder if it suffers the same drag/drop issues that Serato sample experiences. Of course that isn't really a thing with Recycle and Reason either.

Oquasec

19 Nov 2019

if you wanna do batch rex making then reason but itself.
Slicex alternative recycle.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

reggie1979

19 Nov 2019

Is that still around? I thought it was disco'ed ages ago.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

I think it is fair to say it is over-priced and obsolete at this point, unless you need to make a big Rex loop library. The $99 price tag signals to me RS is out of touch with the market, unfortunately.
If you just want to tempo adjust drum loops you can do it for free in Loopcloud and in sync inside Reason as well as key adjust if you use synth loops.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

xboix

20 Nov 2019

For me the only reason I use it instead of the built-in slicing in Reason is the sensitivity slider.
The slicer in Reason is not great on loops that are less than clean which, let's face it, are exactly the sort of loops you want to slice up. In ReCycle you can increase the sensitivity to get "too many" slice points then delete the ones you don't need. It's still the quickest way for many loops.

O1B

20 Nov 2019

I use it everyday. BPM Beast. Quick Looper.
Quite Useful and Convenient.

I have other ReCycle-esque Software. Interface matters. ReCycle's UI Keeps it Simple and Precise.

• Information