Matrix step sequencer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
alanstclair

19 Nov 2019

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me how to turn off the 'live' Matrix sequencer once the notes have been sent to the track?
I have a really simple, 3 pattern step sequence to put into a song, but I can't seem to turn off the pattern that is currently selected in the Matrix.
I copied to track the three different 8 part patterns (think Donna Summer's 'I feel love',
The Matrix is triggering a Thor synth.)
If I turn off the 'play' button I hear nothing even though the song is playing through the notes on the main sequencer.
Do I need to re route the Thor to this note lane to hear the 3 different patterns?
Help, please!

Cheers.

Loque

19 Nov 2019

You need to disable the patterns. The red LED above the numbers.
Reason12, Win10

rmtcvolte

20 Nov 2019

The notes generated by Matrix and "copy pattern to track" will, unlike what Player devices do, be not send to the instrument track you like to play. You have to do it by drag & drop manually from Matrix Seq track to Thor Seq track.

demt

20 Nov 2019

Can someone explain to me how to turn off the 'live' Matrix sequencer once the notes have been sent to the track?

erm switch matrix to channel 8 and delete all the notes in the matrix for that pattern duplicate the matrix if you need the original pattern
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information