Clean macOS install - how to (re-)authorize?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pummelfee

19 Nov 2019

Hi,

i have made a clean install of macOS 10.14 and now I am re-installing all the apps. Reason is something special, because I cannot simply enter a serial key. As you know, we need to have the authorizer to authorize the computer itself. I think I missed to de-authorize before wiping the SSD...

Is it safe to mark the computer as "lost"? Or can I get authorizer files from my backup - it Is still the same machine.

Loque

19 Nov 2019

Uhh...that is bad. You can mark it as lost, sure, but this is only possible for a limited number of times and after that, you cannot use host authorization anymore, only Key or Online. You can try to contact the support, but i think this will have not much success...

Never forget to deauthorize all your sh!t before wiping your HD.
Reason12, Win10

bitley

19 Nov 2019

You should be able to fix it by not logging into Reason but clicking the alternative options when that screen comes up. If you have the same computer name it should work. As for the thread title all the rest of macOS is authorised via your Apple ID. Use the moving assistant (app) if you have a backup disk. Finally macOS never requires a so called clean install, as you can keep it clean simply by deleting things you don't want. Never mess around in the system folders though.

RealReasonHead

19 Nov 2019

I've had the same issue when reinstalling Windows. Support told me to mark the PC as lost, there's nothing they can do. I wasn't happy about it (because, as Loque said, you can only do this a limited number of times) but well...

bitley

19 Nov 2019

Yeah for those very rainy days when you want to tamper around with a different operating system, use virtualisation any day of the week, here's a good free one for both Mac and PC base OSes; https://www.virtualbox.org/ - create a virtual machine and off you go destroying it with Linux or whatever you want :)

Martini

11 May 2020

Hi can I deauthorized if my computer is off completely and I want to authorised on my Mac now

• Information