Akai MPK25 recognized only as a general MIDI keyboard in v10

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mode7

Post 09 Nov 2019

Hi there,

I bought an Akai MPK25, I downloaded all teh drivers and remote files but it still doesn't appear in the Akai devices list in the Midi settings.
I cannot use the Reason Profile on my Akai MPK25, so I have to map everything manually which is quite long.

Does anyone know the solution ?

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 10 Nov 2019

Where has it installed the remote files and codec?

visheshl

Post 11 Nov 2019

If it doesn't automatically get recognised, select akai mpk25 from the add controller dialog. If you've installed the codecs and maps correctly, it should show up in the controllers list.
Btw you also need to use the Reason preset on mpk25.
Free reason control surface for iOS and Android - download here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514723

kuhliloach

Post 11 Nov 2019

I've some to expect Reason will not be able to automatically detect or map my hardware devices. Most all my devices wind up in Reason as "<Other> MIDI Control Keyboard". That said everything does work. It just doesn't get detected or mapped automatically.

Mode7

Post 13 Nov 2019

The Akai MPK25 does not appears in the "add controller " dialog :'(...

I put all the files in almost every Reason / Remote directories i could, toggled on Reason profile before laucnhing the program, still nothing changes...

visheshl

Post 13 Nov 2019

Thats wierd. Maybe open up a support ticket at reason studios
Free reason control surface for iOS and Android - download here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514723

• Information