Question about Delay Compensation

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stainless_peel

30 Oct 2019

Hi everyone. I've had Reason for a long time, but have only just started using it regularly. I have version 10 installed. I've made two tracks with a variety of REs, VSTs, and stock devices. I noticed last night the Delay Comp on/off button on the transport bar. I've not had it switched on at any stage. I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to have it turned on all the time? Should I always have it switched to ON when exporting?

I did click it to ON in one project last night and saw that the reported delay was 116ms. I assume that I should at least have it switched to the ON position for an audio export?

Steve

Boombastix
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2019

If you play a midi keyboard or pads when there is a lot of delay compensation you'll hear the note "late" or delayed if you wish. Difficult to play in a part that way, just turn it off while recording midi or other live instruments (unless you have a DI loop for the audio monitoring). Otherwise keep it on.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

stainless_peel

31 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
31 Oct 2019
If you play a midi keyboard or pads when there is a lot of delay compensation you'll hear the note "late" or delayed if you wish. Difficult to play in a part that way, just turn it off while recording midi or other live instruments (unless you have a DI loop for the audio monitoring). Otherwise keep it on.
No worries. Thanks for that. So, in this case, I should definitely activate Delay Comp when rendering the audio as a file to disk :)

• Information