Export Problemes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dualmann

29 Oct 2019

Hello together, I have changed my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and currently use reason 10. It works as far as everything as usual, only I noticed that exporting a song or loops takes an extremely long time. My PC hangs for almost three minutes and then the export starts. What can that be for? Sorry for the difficult English, I come from Germany

chimp_spanner

29 Oct 2019

The only thing in my experience that causes long render times is when Reason has to render to a different sample rate than the one you’re working at. Try doing a test render at the same rate as project settings and see if it’s any faster. Although three minutes is WAY excessive. So I’d be surprised if it was that. Still worth checking.

dualmann

29 Oct 2019

So it is so, no matter which project I want to export a wav, it always hangs and after just over 2-3 minutes exports it first. The image freezes. At first I thought I hung up but then it went on. No matter what I export, it hangs first and then it works. It doesn't matter if I export one track or more. It works, but it's annoying when you have to wait. The length of the tracks doesn't matter either.

reggie1979

29 Oct 2019

Under preferences/audio/performance:

Try checking or unchecking those three boxes. Other than that make sure in windows that power scheme is set to "high performance"

All I can think of for now.

dualmann

29 Oct 2019

Under Performance at Audio, everything is hooked. If I turn off the boxes, is it bad when exporting? Where can I find the energy settings, do you mean the ones under Windows itself?

dualmann

29 Oct 2019

I think I've found the problem. I switched off the multi core audio rendering under Performance and now it works as it should again. Does switching off have an audible disadvantage when mixing down?

reggie1979

29 Oct 2019

I seriously doubt it.

dualmann

30 Oct 2019

Unfortunately, after switching, there is now the problem that it occurs when playing in reason cracker. Can this be counteracted?

• Information