Reason File Locations: a handy reference

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
npinero1

Post 04 Jun 2021

Why are VST3 folder included in the locations. Does Reason recognize VST3 if you add that link to the preferences?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EnochLight

Post 05 Jun 2021

npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
Why are VST3 folder included in the locations. Does Reason recognize VST3 if you add that link to the preferences?
VST3 is not currently supported in Reason standalone DAW "proper". That's all. :puf_unhappy:
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard

Post 05 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2021
npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
VST3 is not currently supported in Reason standalone DAW "proper". That's all. :puf_unhappy:
Hi guys. New here. Jut trying to help. I am using this plugin to load VST3 in Reason. Works fine for me, no problem.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/

PatchWork is something similar to Reason Combinator in the sense of operation. You can load and chain series of effects and then recall them with preset. Another cool thing is that it supports VST3. So you load this one (VST2 version) inside Reason and then with loaded Patchwork you load VST3. After that you can even save preset from Reason as FXP and place it in your Reason browser location. Then simple drag and drop works in Reason.

So it's a workaround. Naturally having native VST3 support in Reason would be nice, but imho this is still a very nice workaround.

Regards

EnochLight

Post 05 Jun 2021

kbard wrote:
05 Jun 2021
Hi guys. New here. Jut trying to help. I am using this plugin to load VST3 in Reason. Works fine for me, no problem.

PatchWork is something similar to Reason Combinator in the sense of operation. You can load and chain series of effects and then recall them with preset. Another cool thing is that it supports VST3. So you load this one (VST2 version) inside Reason and then with loaded Patchwork you load VST3. After that you can even save preset from Reason as FXP and place it in your Reason browser location. Then simple drag and drop works in Reason.

So it's a workaround. Naturally having native VST3 support in Reason would be nice, but imho this is still a very nice workaround.

Regards
Welcome to the RT forums! Yes, Bluecat has long been an option for VSt3 support in Reason. :clap: :thumbup:
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard

Post 05 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2021
Welcome to the RT forums! Yes, Bluecat has long been an option for VSt3 support in Reason. :clap: :thumbup:
Thank you.

npinero1

Post 05 Jun 2021

Does the Vocalign VST3 plugin work in Blue Cat Patchworks plug-in? Has anyone tried it?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 07 Jun 2021

kbard wrote:
05 Jun 2021

Regards
[/quote]
npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
There are other free option around for VST3 support in Reason.
Nektarine and Elements (for the latest Elements you can still get it for free however you have to compile it yourself or just pay $2 for it already compiled, a lot easier).
If you have Voltage Modular Core, that is another way to run VST3's in Reason.

• Information