New Computer thumbs up

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lowas

21 Oct 2019

I want to give a thumbs up to Reason Studios, NI, XLN Audio and Waves when migrating to a new computer!

reggie1979

21 Oct 2019

Need more info!!!!!!

Lowas

22 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
21 Oct 2019
Need more info!!!!!!
The installation was smooth, especially the Reason installation with the sync all stuff.

reggie1979

22 Oct 2019

But what did you get???????????????????????? We want specs! We want specs!

Lowas

23 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
22 Oct 2019
But what did you get???????????????????????? We want specs! We want specs!
Computer specs?
Acer Predator second hand, 32 GB RAM, Intel 7th generation, a few TB HD/SSD.

jlgrimes

23 Oct 2019

Lowas wrote:
21 Oct 2019
I want to give a thumbs up to Reason Studios, NI, XLN Audio and Waves when migrating to a new computer!
Yes Props RE infrastructure makes going to a new PC somewhat painless (once you figure out how to transfer licenses). I just recently swapped computers. Being able to download everything in once place is great. One thing I noticed though is that 11 no longer installs Codemeter automatically. I was scratching my head why the dongle was not working.

NI in the past used to be not so great but over time they have one of the smoothest transfers not with the main gripe just being the amount of data you are downloading but it used to be even worse having to pop out the DVDs.

Waves I kind of hate their 1 machine only license policy. Kind of sucks. Reason is the same way but they give you internet authorization and the dongle (which I think they might have discontinued, so this might give alot of users some strain in the future).

Lowas

23 Oct 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Lowas wrote:
21 Oct 2019
Yes Props RE infrastructure makes going to a new PC somewhat painless (once you figure out how to transfer licenses). I just recently swapped computers. Being able to download everything in once place is great. One thing I noticed though is that 11 no longer installs Codemeter automatically. I was scratching my head why the dongle was not working.

NI in the past used to be not so great but over time they have one of the smoothest transfers not with the main gripe just being the amount of data you are downloading but it used to be even worse having to pop out the DVDs.

Waves I kind of hate their 1 machine only license policy. Kind of sucks. Reason is the same way but they give you internet authorization and the dongle (which I think they might have discontinued, so this might give alot of users some strain in the future).
I agree that Waves could at least allow 2 computers at the same time or something similar like Reason.

• Information