Velocity color doesn't correspond with muted note

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

When I mute notes in the piano roll editor, I notice that the velocity bars do not turn blue but remain red. I'm sure this must be a fault /s

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Create a ticket.
Reason12, Win10

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

Actually, I'm really enjoying using reason, but with regard to creating tickets, it could be that I've contracted a mild case reasontalk cynicism. It's heartbreaking in someone so young, but I'm sure it'll pass. Meanwhile, I'm just going to step outside and urinate into the wind.

― Banksy

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Actually, I'm really enjoying using reason, but with regard to creating tickets, it could be that I've contracted a mild case reasontalk cynicism. It's heartbreaking in someone so young, but I'm sure it'll pass. Meanwhile, I'm just going to step outside and urinate into the wind.
Nobody can help you here, if you found a real bug. Only Reasonstudio can do this. If you did something wrong or misused something or made another mistake, we will let you know and try to help you.
Reason12, Win10

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

My apologies. I was just trying to lighten the mood. If you feel it's inappropriate, please remove it.

I guess I'm used to the Logic forum, where a little banter is tolerated. Again, my apologies.

― Banksy

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
My apologies. I was just trying to lighten the mood. If you feel it's inappropriate, please remove it.

I guess I'm used to the Logic forum, where a little banter is tolerated. Again, my apologies.

I dunno what to say...
ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif (708.51 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

I hope i did not hurt any feelings
giphy (1).gif
giphy (1).gif (175.66 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Reason12, Win10

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

Don't worry, I can see now that The Kitchen forum would probably be a better place for my pitiful attempts at humour. Everything's cool :)

― Banksy

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Don't worry, I can see now that The Kitchen forum would probably be a better place for my pitiful attempts at humour. Everything's cool :)
Sorry, germans do not have a sense of humor
giphy (2).gif
giphy (2).gif (628.75 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
Reason12, Win10

WillyOD

17 Oct 2019

I can confirm this happens. Probably shouldn't but then again this doesn't really bother me.

You can use the "mute tool" and click in the velocity editor below but it seems to mute the entire clip.

While Props is at it, they might make selecting different notes at the same position easier and clearer... ;D
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Loque

17 Oct 2019

WillyOD wrote:
17 Oct 2019
I can confirm this happens. Probably shouldn't but then again this doesn't really bother me.

You can use the "mute tool" and click in the velocity editor below but it seems to mute the entire clip.

While Props is at it, they might make selecting different notes at the same position easier and clearer... ;D
If i now ask, if you created a ticket, will this end in debate about humor?
Reason12, Win10

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

I'm saving it all up for one BIG ticket Lol.
Last edited by Periwinkle on 17 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

― Banksy

Maxsu

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Such wise words!

:puf_bigsmile:

Maxsu

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019

No, noo, nooooooo! Keep your humor and spread it on this Forum! I will enjoy it :lol:

scratchnsnifff

17 Oct 2019

Maxsu wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019

No, noo, nooooooo! Keep your humor and spread it on this Forum! I will enjoy it :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have the best picture on this forum. :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

@WillyOD Yes, I've noticed that adjusting the velocity of stacked notes can be problematic. I've been moving them out of alignment, adjusting the velocity, and then moving them back.

― Banksy

Maxsu

17 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Maxsu wrote:
17 Oct 2019

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have the best picture on this forum. :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :puf_smile: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I love Cats and the Universe so it couldn´t fit better :cool: (all rights to the owner of this)

Thinking about to take this Avatar Picture for my daily really real serious business contacts to keep it fun, they should all know that you can not take me seriously...... arr wait a minute

WillyOD

17 Oct 2019

I posted a ticket but all I got in return was this stub soaked in yellow substance.

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
@WillyOD Yes, I've noticed that adjusting the velocity of stacked notes can be problematic. I've been moving them out of alignment, adjusting the velocity, and then moving them back.

Maxsu

17 Oct 2019

WillyOD wrote:
17 Oct 2019
I posted a ticket but all I got in return was this stub soaked in yellow substance.
*Supports sees a new Ticket, breathing in long and out loud, smokes cigarette, smokes another cigarette...

... goes for a coffee because no one is answering from the developers :puf_bigsmile:

I dunno want blame any of the employeeeeees at Reason Studios, just seeing it with a smile ;)

but I am really desperate...

.... but with a smile dont take it to serious :mrgreen:

... okay, my brain is fully out of order

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

Nice one @aeox, that really solves the problem. :thumbs_up:

― Banksy

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
17 Oct 2019
You can just select the note, than hold shift and change the velocity. Works fine for me since years.
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

17 Oct 2019

These jokes are stupid dude.
Get a new hobby.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

WillyOD

17 Oct 2019

"Thanks for the feedback! This looks like an oversight from our side.
I'll forward your comments to our Reason Product Team."

ShelLuser

17 Oct 2019

This sure turned into a troll thread real quick <slowly backs away>

Yah, don't mind me: I had one too many beers already because my weekend started early.

But I couldn't help but notice something odd. When I mute tools everything turns blue. Not just one note, all of them. @OP: try deleting the note, it'll have more effect!

Use block mode, it'll get deleted from everything in your known universe as well (sorta).

Meanwhile I has to push some blocks.
--- :reason:

Periwinkle

17 Oct 2019

Thanks @Loque I didn't realise that holding down the shift key allowed me to only alter the velocity of the selected note. Together with @aeox tip it seems there are actually two ways to edit individual velocities.

Thanks guys.

― Banksy

• Information