rsTouch Pro 2.9.7: 11 for 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Delora Software
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 16 Oct 2019

We just released rsTouch 2.9.7. It adds support for the new Reason 11 devices, runs on iPads using iPadOS 13.1 (as well as devices back to iOS 9.3), and adds support for Reason Studio REs and Players that were released since the rsTouch 2.9.6 update this past February. rsTouch Pro now supports 177 devices, Rack Extensions, Players, and VSTs. You can view a current list of supported devices here: rsTouch Pro Features.

Reason 11 Devices added:
  • Channel Dynamics
  • Channel EQ
  • Master Bus Compressor
  • Quartet
  • Sweeper
Other Reason Studios REs and Players added:
  • Scenic Hybrid
  • Processed Pianos
  • Reason Drum Kits
  • Monotone
  • Rytmik
  • PolyStep Sequencer
Most of these REs and built-in devices offer extensive Remote implementations that rsTouch uses. However, a few of the recent REs, as well as the PolyStep Sequencer Player, have Remote implementation omissions or issues. rsTouch makes use of what is provided, and in some cases transparently works around a limitation. If something seems missing or acts oddly it is more than likely due the device's Remote implementation. If you think it might be something we overlooked, or a bug, by all means report it to us using the support email mentioned below.

rsTouch Pro 2.9.7 requires new Reason support files (codec and maps) that must be installed. The most recent rsTouch Pro support files are available from rsTouch Codec Installer. Download the installer to your Mac or PC, quit Reason (if it is running), then run the installer. If you do not update the support files on your computer then rsTouch will show a warning message.

If you are a current rsTouch user whose iOS App Store does not have rsTouch available for purchase then you will not receive a notification that the update is available. You will also need to use a work around to update rsTouch on your iPad. We discuss the procedure in the rsTouch FAQs on the website at rsTouch FAQ. Basically you have to first delete rsTouch from your device, then download it again from the “Purchases” area of the iOS App Store app. This will download the most recent version that is compatible with your iPad and installed iOS. Please verify that it shows up in your “Purchases” before you delete rsTouch from your iPad, and as always, backups are your friend!

rsTouch Pro offers full control of Reason’s Mixer and transport functions. Record and mix songs, plus make sound setting and level adjustments easily with large, multi-touch, color-coded rotaries and faders.  Edit send effects, insert parameters, and EQ settings, as well as adjust channel, pan and dynamics levels.  A dedicated Master screen allows full adjustments of Reason's Main Mixer Master section.  The Device page provides a gateway to controlling 177 Reason instruments, effects, Rack Extensions, Players, and VSTs, offering customized screens optimized for iPad use. A Performance page provides convenient keyboard, drum pad layouts, and 8 x 8 pad grid to play and record Reason synths and drum machines, or a page of 34 freely assignable fader, rotaries, and buttons that can be used to provide additional customized hands-on control.

For additional information see rsTouch Pro

If you have any trouble with the update, uncover what you believe is a bug, or just need help getting started, please reach out to us at our support email (support AT delora DOT com).

If you have any general questions or comments I would be happy to answer them in this thread.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

reggie1979
Posts: 1181
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 16 Oct 2019

One of the best apps out there. (unfortunately, my ipad is busted and I don't feel like cashing in on a new one)

User avatar
WillyOD
Posts: 254
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 16 Oct 2019

Thanks for the download FAQ. I was wondering why 2.9.6 was the latest version showing up for me. Glad I actually read your post before asking ;D
You can do it, put your back into it. Check out my cool website at diippii.com.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1061
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 16 Oct 2019

I really wish that this app was available as a side-loadable android apk, so I could use it with my android tablet.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
toddbooster
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Sep 2018
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post 16 Oct 2019

Thanks for the news. Any idea if/when you might be coming back to the Canadian iOS store?

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 16 Oct 2019

Sounds great! Can’t find it on the uk store atm though. Any idea why?

doze
Posts: 49
Joined: 30 Jan 2019

Post 16 Oct 2019

toddbooster wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Thanks for the news. Any idea if/when you might be coming back to the Canadian iOS store?
Second that question ;)

User avatar
Delora Software
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 17 Oct 2019

toddbooster wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Thanks for the news. Any idea if/when you might be coming back to the Canadian iOS store?
doze wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Second that question ;)
chimp_spanner wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Sounds great! Can’t find it on the uk store atm though. Any idea why?
jam-s wrote:
16 Oct 2019
I really wish that this app was available as a side-loadable android apk, so I could use it with my android tablet.

rsTouch is available for iPadOS on the USA's iOS App Store. We have no further announcements about availability on other App Stores, or support for other platforms, such as Android, at this time.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 17 Oct 2019

Delora Software wrote:
17 Oct 2019
toddbooster wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Thanks for the news. Any idea if/when you might be coming back to the Canadian iOS store?
doze wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Second that question ;)
chimp_spanner wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Sounds great! Can’t find it on the uk store atm though. Any idea why?
jam-s wrote:
16 Oct 2019
I really wish that this app was available as a side-loadable android apk, so I could use it with my android tablet.

rsTouch is available for iPadOS on the USA's iOS App Store. We have no further announcements about availability on other App Stores, or support for other platforms, such as Android, at this time.
Wait, what happened? I bought RsTouch ages ago in the UK, and now I can’t find it. Maybe I can find it in my purchase history but that’s kinda messed up if I can’t.

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 17 Oct 2019

Update; managed to find it in my purchases. How comes it’s no longer available in the UK otherwise though?

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 6275
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 17 Oct 2019

Best iOS controller app for Reason on the market, ever. That said, sucks for UK/Canada peeps if the app has been pulled. What the hell happened?!
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Best iOS controller app for Reason on the market, ever. That said, sucks for UK/Canada peeps if the app has been pulled. What the hell happened?!
Yeah if you have bought it in the UK, you can go to the App Store, press the profile button and then search for it in purchases. For now, it's still in there *if* you already own it. Totally sucks for people who haven't though. I was playing with it last night and it's turned my NI A61 into a Nektar P6 (and then some!).

themtc
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Oct 2019

Post 18 Oct 2019

I've the same problem in france, Rs touc pro has disappear from app store. I want to update in 2.9.7 for controll the new devices with Reason 11; Have you good tips ?

User avatar
Italophile
Posts: 50
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
18 Oct 2019
EnochLight wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Best iOS controller app for Reason on the market, ever. That said, sucks for UK/Canada peeps if the app has been pulled. What the hell happened?!
Yeah if you have bought it in the UK, you can go to the App Store, press the profile button and then search for it in purchases. For now, it's still in there *if* you already own it. Totally sucks for people who haven't though. I was playing with it last night and it's turned my NI A61 into a Nektar P6 (and then some!).
I have the same issue. One of the main reasons I bought an iPad several years ago. Now although app is installed and working it is stuck on v2.9.6 and cannot be updated.

Really hope this can be fixed.

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

Italophile wrote:
18 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
18 Oct 2019


Yeah if you have bought it in the UK, you can go to the App Store, press the profile button and then search for it in purchases. For now, it's still in there *if* you already own it. Totally sucks for people who haven't though. I was playing with it last night and it's turned my NI A61 into a Nektar P6 (and then some!).
I have the same issue. One of the main reasons I bought an iPad several years ago. Now although app is installed and working it is stuck on v2.9.6 and cannot be updated.

Really hope this can be fixed.
Delete it and redownload through your purchase history. Mine shows 2.9.7 (297.4).

dezma
Posts: 225
Joined: 02 Jun 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

I assume controlling the rack VST in major DAW's is a different animal if possible at all

User avatar
Italophile
Posts: 50
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Italophile wrote:
18 Oct 2019


I have the same issue. One of the main reasons I bought an iPad several years ago. Now although app is installed and working it is stuck on v2.9.6 and cannot be updated.

Really hope this can be fixed.
Delete it and redownload through your purchase history. Mine shows 2.9.7 (297.4).
That worked, thanks!

Would still be good to have this issue resolved properly so that we're not forced to resort to messy workarounds though.

User avatar
Italophile
Posts: 50
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
18 Oct 2019
I assume controlling the rack VST in major DAW's is a different animal if possible at all
rsTouch works with Reason's Remote protocol so it only works with Reason standalone.

The rack VST is controlled in the same way as any other VST using whatever protocol the DAW supports.

User avatar
Delora Software
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

I see that the 2.9.7 rsTouch update, and iOS App Store availability, has made this update a little cumbersome and confusing. I wish we could make this more straight-forward but it is how the iOS App Store currently works. Fortunately there is a way to download the update, it just requires some extra steps when rsTouch is not available for sale on your country's iOS App Store. Let me try to summarize:
  • rsTouch is available for new purchases only from the USA iOS App Store. This is not something new. It has been this way since early 2019.
  • If you purchased rsTouch previously from any Country's iOS App Store you can download the most current version by accessing it from the Purchases section of the iOS App Store app running on your iDevice. Use this to download the app to a new iDevice, or any time you need to do a fresh app install.
  • You can take advantage of this iOS App Store app feature to update a previously downloaded app. First delete the app from the device, then re-download it from the iOS App Store app Purchases area. We discuss this procedure on our website at rsTouch FAQ, question number 26.
  • The iOS App Store app today only shows an update available for an app if the country's iOS App Store that your iDevice is logged into currently has that app available for purchase. If your country's iOS App Store does not have the app available for purchase you will not receive the update notice. You can, however, download the update by using the previously mentioned "delete, then download" procedure.
  • We will try to keep our users informed of new updates by posting in this forum, and through our Twitter feed (which, by the way, is only currently used for announcements, and is not used for discussion). You can also check the main rsTouch webpage, http://www.delora.com/products/rstouch/ to see what is the latest version.

The above procedure and comments are based on how the iOS App Store seems to currently work. Keep in mind though that this is Apple's iOS App Store, only they decide how it operates, and they can change it at any time. However, Apple does know a thing or two about how to operate an App Store ;).

The iOS App Store app's Purchases section may at first seem a bit cumbersome when used for this purpose but overall it is a very positive feature because it behaves like an app backup that does not go away just because the app is no longer for sale on your country's iOS App Store (provided the developer/publisher remains in "good standing"). Plus it provides a way for you to still access an app update as long as the updated app is offered for sale on at least one country's iOS App Store.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

User avatar
Delora Software
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

Italophile wrote:
18 Oct 2019

rsTouch works with Reason's Remote protocol so it only works with Reason standalone.

The rack VST is controlled in the same way as any other VST using whatever protocol the DAW supports.
This is correct! rsTouch cannot be used with the new Reason 11 Rack plugin because the Rack plugin does not include the Reason Remote subsystem.

Speaking now as a Reason user, the new Reason Rack plugin is a great addition, and a really remarkable accomplishment by the ReasonStudio team. That said, If I used it with another DAW I would miss rsTouch's hands-on control over Reason devices, REs, and Players, plus all of the other control like the full "SSL" with multitouch faders, full transport control with four programmable markers, the versatile Perform page features, and of course being able to operate Reason from across the room. I am not aware of any way to replicate this total experience with any other DAW/control surface combination. So Reason stand alone remains my preferred way to use all that Reason offers!
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2466
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 18 Oct 2019

Delora Software wrote:
18 Oct 2019
I see that the 2.9.7 rsTouch update, and iOS App Store availability, has made this update a little cumbersome and confusing. I wish we could make this more straight-forward but it is how the iOS App Store currently works. Fortunately there is a way to download the update, it just requires some extra steps when rsTouch is not available for sale on your country's iOS App Store. Let me try to summarize:
  • rsTouch is available for new purchases only from the USA iOS App Store. This is not something new. It has been this way since early 2019.
  • If you purchased rsTouch previously from any Country's iOS App Store you can download the most current version by accessing it from the Purchases section of the iOS App Store app running on your iDevice. Use this to download the app to a new iDevice, or any time you need to do a fresh app install.
  • You can take advantage of this iOS App Store app feature to update a previously downloaded app. First delete the app from the device, then re-download it from the iOS App Store app Purchases area. We discuss this procedure on our website at rsTouch FAQ, question number 26.
  • The iOS App Store app today only shows an update available for an app if the country's iOS App Store that your iDevice is logged into currently has that app available for purchase. If your country's iOS App Store does not have the app available for purchase you will not receive the update notice. You can, however, download the update by using the previously mentioned "delete, then download" procedure.
  • We will try to keep our users informed of new updates by posting in this forum, and through our Twitter feed (which, by the way, is only currently used for announcements, and is not used for discussion). You can also check the main rsTouch webpage, http://www.delora.com/products/rstouch/ to see what is the latest version.

The above procedure and comments are based on how the iOS App Store seems to currently work. Keep in mind though that this is Apple's iOS App Store, only they decide how it operates, and they can change it at any time. However, Apple does know a thing or two about how to operate an App Store ;).

The iOS App Store app's Purchases section may at first seem a bit cumbersome when used for this purpose but overall it is a very positive feature because it behaves like an app backup that does not go away just because the app is no longer for sale on your country's iOS App Store (provided the developer/publisher remains in "good standing"). Plus it provides a way for you to still access an app update as long as the updated app is offered for sale on at least one country's iOS App Store.
Can you give any word on why the availability has changed? This *is* new in the sense that the app was released in 2015, and I purchased it in the UK as a new user some time between then and early 2019. I can't really think of any other music software I use on iPad that's region locked like that. Not giving you a hard time over it - I mean I have it and it's running and it's great! It's just too great for everyone outside of the US to be missing out. I'd go as far as to say this feels like an essential functionality of the DAW if you have an iPad.

User avatar
Seckin
Posts: 93
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Location: Turkey

Post 12 Nov 2019

A wonderful controller for a DAW from Sweden, that which cannot be downloaded by the Swedish people, or any other people except Americans, for that respect. Brilliant :D
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

User avatar
Aquila
Posts: 514
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 12 Nov 2019

I've done the delete and download method as suggested, but it only downloads v2.9.2 not v2.9.7

Any ideas why?

User avatar
Delora Software
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 12 Nov 2019

Aquila wrote:
12 Nov 2019
I've done the delete and download method as suggested, but it only downloads v2.9.2 not v2.9.7

Any ideas why?
Please contact us at our support email - support <at> delora <dot> com.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

visheshl
Posts: 160
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 12 Nov 2019

Doesn't justify buying a new ipad for controlling reason. Too expensive, besides after reading about the availability of this app in other countries, it seems dicey.
For now I've made a nice control surface using TouchOSC. it can run on my old ipad, it runs on Android too. And its got maps for all standard reason devices. I'm quite satisfied with it.
Free reason control surface for iOS and Android - download here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514723

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot] and 1 guest