Rack plug as insert effect

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manem78

14 Oct 2019

Hi,

Did anyone manage to add Reason rack plugin as an insert effect in Reaper? In my case, it is always added as send effect. For example, I add some vst instrument in a track, and then add the Reason rack plugin and some reason effect inside (e.g., Scream 4). And no matter what I do, I always hear non processed vst instrument. Even if I set Master rotary on Scream 4 fully left, the original sound is there. Am I doing something wrong or...?

Thanks

Crumbfort

14 Oct 2019

Hrmm, are you saying it sounds like dry signal is coming through along with the processed signal, or is it purely the dry signal?

If the former is the case, the only thing I can think of without more information is that the Rack VST plugins MIX knob in Reaper is not set to fully wet:

Reaper+Reason.png
Reaper+Reason.png (48.25 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

manem78

14 Oct 2019

The dry signal is always heard no matter how I set the reason effect Scream 4 (bypass, off, on, Master rotary to zero...). And yes, the mix button is fully wet.
reason reaper 1.png
reason reaper 1.png (300.17 KiB) Viewed 442 times

Crumbfort

14 Oct 2019

Ahhh, ok. Looks like you're using the "VST3i" and not the "VST3" version. I get the same results as you when trying to use the "VST3i" as an insert effect. I've been using the normal "VST3" version for everything, instruments and insert effects.
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

manem78

14 Oct 2019

That's it!!! Thanks! Huh...I would never notice that without your help. Thanks again! :D :clap:

• Information