Thoughts on reason Studios

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

15 Oct 2019

Proboscis wrote:
15 Oct 2019
antic604 wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Wow, really? You're one of those snowlfake people? I can't talk about gay people in Pride Month or black people in Black History Month? Or look at cars on public transport day?! :lol: :roll:
A snowflake, hey ? :roll: You've been called out by three people - either humbly accept the criticism (which you're not), or ignore it and keep being a bonehead (which you are), it's up to you. If you'd have said "Reason Studio's release decision is commercial suicide", the context would be entirely different.
I didn't say "commercial suicide" because I meant the actual suicide that - for mentally ill person - really appears to be a viable and best option to get out of their problems. And that's what RS did - they run away from the problem, instead of facing it head-on. And as I said financially it might've been a good move, even if short term one.

And yes - "snowflake", because you chose to get offended without even trying to understand what I meant. You just see a word and go berserk.

antic604

15 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
15 Oct 2019
antic604 wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Wow, really? You're one of those snowlfake people?
good god, man...
If you actually believed in (any) God you'd capitalise it. Since you don't, please use different phrase to express your feelings :P

selig
RE Developer

15 Oct 2019

antic604 wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Proboscis wrote:
15 Oct 2019

A snowflake, hey ? :roll: You've been called out by three people - either humbly accept the criticism (which you're not), or ignore it and keep being a bonehead (which you are), it's up to you. If you'd have said "Reason Studio's release decision is commercial suicide", the context would be entirely different.
I didn't say "commercial suicide" because I meant the actual suicide that - for mentally ill person - really appears to be a viable and best option to get out of their problems. And that's what RS did - they run away from the problem, instead of facing it head-on. And as I said financially it might've been a good move, even if short term one.

And yes - "snowflake", because you chose to get offended without even trying to understand what I meant. You just see a word and go berserk.
OK Guys, surprised I need to remind you but "Bonehead" and "Snowflake" are considered petty personal attacks around here, and personal attacks are against the forum rules.
If you don't have a point to make about the topic, please don't resort to attacking the person - just move on and let the rest of us enjoy sharing our opinions without having to wade through someone else's drama.
That is all. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

16 Oct 2019

selig wrote:
15 Oct 2019
OK Guys, surprised I need to remind you but "Bonehead" and "Snowflake" are considered petty personal attacks around here, and personal attacks are against the forum rules.
I was attacked first, being called "asshole" and my post called "incredibly stupid". Only @EnochLight tried to understand what I meant, without going rampant with ad-hominems. But sure, whatever...

QVprod

16 Oct 2019

antic604 wrote:
16 Oct 2019
selig wrote:
15 Oct 2019
I was attacked first, being called "asshole" and my post called "incredibly stupid". Only @EnochLight tried to understand what I meant, without going rampant with ad-hominems. But sure, whatever...
I'm sure that was aimed at the entire discourse and not just you specifically. You being called an "asshole" was equally as wrong. Unfortunately we didn't catch it earlier, and I get wanting to respond accordingly. Nonetheless.

From the forum rules:
The following guidelines apply:
1. Remain respectful of others at all times, whether they be users, developers, moderators or administrators.
2. If you think a post is violating the rules, report it. Replying can and will always result in flaming.
3. Seeing someone else misbehave is no free pass to do so yourself. "(S)He started it" is never an acceptable excuse.
We don't want the reputation of some other forums... :D

guitfnky

16 Oct 2019

calling a post stupid isn’t the same thing as calling a person stupid. I post stupid things more often than I’d like. I’m sure lots of us do. that doesn’t make us stupid, it makes us human. calling out a stupid post isn’t an ad-hominem attack.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

diminished
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2019

Saying sorry seems to be the hardest thing for a lot of people.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EnochLight

16 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
16 Oct 2019
calling a post stupid isn’t the same thing as calling a person stupid. I post stupid things more often than I’d like. I’m sure lots of us do. that doesn’t make us stupid, it makes us human. calling out a stupid post isn’t an ad-hominem attack.
Calling a post stupid is not being respectful of others though, is it? Seems to be a violation of the forum rules as indicated above.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

16 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
16 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Calling a post stupid is not being respectful of others though, is it? Seems to be a violation of the forum rules as indicated above.
maybe, maybe not. not being a mod, that’s not my place to say. I personally don’t have a problem with someone calling me out for posting something stupid—to me, it’s an opportunity to learn. to someone else, it might feel disrespectful.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

stratatonic

16 Oct 2019

Every post from halfway through the second page to the one right before this one is stupid.
Then they will go stupid again.

fullforce

16 Oct 2019

This entire topic is stupid because the original post isn't even about "Reason Studios", but about Reason itself.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Jmax

16 Oct 2019

I updated yesterday and am very happy. Not the suite update (couldn't afford that).
Firstly I've always used Reason to compose in the sequencer. Although it's not perfect I'd say it gets the job done. My major beef with the sequencer is not being able to 'click and zoom' scrolling up like in Ableton and Studio One. That being said there are many things about the Reason sequencer I love. It's easy to work with, things are labelled clearly. Automation is a dream! (not so easy in Studio One)

That being said I loaded up the Reason Rack plugin in Studio One 4 yesterday. It's like paradise. The sounds just flowed out and there are just many more tools available in Studio One... and the click up to zoom! That alone is huge for me. I also tried out the new effects and quite love them. I also added Reason's Master Bus compressor to my Studio One Main channel before Izotope 8 elements. Nice and fat now.

Reason's instruments and RE collection are second to none! I loaded up Expanse again yesterday in my Reason Rack plugin and boom nice leads! It's just perfect to have my collection of Reverbs and Delays so easily available as well. Just fantastic quality.

The Reason rack plugin and Loopcloud plugin (amazing drums and percussion) are my new secret weapons.

The sky is the limit for Reason, it will only continue to get better.

reggie1979

16 Oct 2019

I shouldn't have started the other thread of mine. No wonder it's so barren.

As far as 11 goes, I'm a lot more sold on it than I thought I'd be. The vertical track zoom handle thingy is really useful for me since I do so much audio. And the crossfades are really handy. You can select a whole bunch of clips and do them all at once which is great for my projects.

I don't use the curves much yet because I'm too busy testing all my old projects in 11. It's a $114.81 if you use "FORUM" at JRR shop which saves a couple of bucks.

Creativemind

16 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
I guess i don't know what im missing obviously, but,
i think the Reason sequencer is pretty damn good!
:lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

reggie1979

16 Oct 2019

Not sure what the LOL is for

EnochLight

16 Oct 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
I guess i don't know what im missing obviously, but,
i think the Reason sequencer is pretty damn good!
aeox wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Best sequencer I've used so far :D
I’d have to agree. Spent years in Studio One, yet as of 11 Reason’s sequencer is just easier to use and get around, and does everything I really need it to do. But some users have different requirements, and I get that.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Proboscis

16 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
16 Oct 2019
The vertical track zoom handle thingy is really useful for me since I do so much audio. And the crossfades are really handy. You can select a whole bunch of clips and do them all at once which is great for my projects.
Have they done anything to address the horizontal zoom ? There has always been an inexplicable limit on how much can be viewed on-screen, it's around 30 minutes@120bpm at it's most reduced size, before requiring a drag of the bottom bar. It's another one of those oversights in Reason that have me wondering WTF the mindset is over at Propellerhead HQ

reddust

17 Oct 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
16 Oct 2019
It's a $114.81 if you use "FORUM" at JRR shop which saves a couple of bucks.
Maybe wait for the next sale? Black Friday and Christmas are quite near, I guess we'll get a better price soon... I'm not really willing to upgrade because I'm not interested in the plugin rack but there are some sequencer improvements I would really want to have (as you said, the vertical track zoom, bezier curves on automation edition, crossfade between audio files, multiple midi note edition...)

If there is something around half price discount on those sales I might be upgrading as well.

seqoi

17 Oct 2019

Proboscis wrote:
14 Oct 2019
There's already an incredible Chorus Rack Extension in the store that's been available for a few years. Seems like a bit of a punch in the guts to a developer who have supported the format since the beginning.
Wait what logic is that? So some 3rd party developed a chorus as a RE and put it to market and by your logic that means everyone else should stop doing choruses? Or just Propellerhead should stop making such plugins or?

That's pure nonsense.

I am not questioning 3rd party work or something but you act like PH is not allowed to build similar, improved, better or worse devices jsut because someone else did something like it. Doesn't make any sense. By your logic we would have only one guitar model ,one synth model etc.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2019

seqoi wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Proboscis wrote:
14 Oct 2019
There's already an incredible Chorus Rack Extension in the store that's been available for a few years. Seems like a bit of a punch in the guts to a developer who have supported the format since the beginning.
Wait what logic is that? So some 3rd party developed a chorus as a RE and put it to market and by your logic that means everyone else should stop doing choruses? Or just Propellerhead should stop making such plugins or?

That's pure nonsense.

I am not questioning 3rd party work or something but you act like PH is not allowed to build similar, improved, better or worse devices jsut because someone else did something like it. Doesn't make any sense. By your logic we would have only one guitar model ,one synth model etc.
Sequences
PolyStep Sequencer
Oops!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

17 Oct 2019

Reason sequencer is barebones but I can think of 8 other tools I wouldn't use for it's piano roll over Reason :/
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ShelLuser

18 Oct 2019

Apologies for going slightly offtopic but...
Proboscis wrote:
14 Oct 2019
Thanks for sharing! For offtopic reasons I'm staying put on v10 and out of all the new devices the chorus ensemble kind of appealed to me; ever since I became more familiar with Humana I took more interest in voice synths (before that I wasn't very interested in this at all). Well, this gives me a perfect substitute to use within 10. I also looked into some of their other devices and oh my... I'm already fully hooked on 'Ammo' too (both the 400R oscillators as well as the 1200BR synth)! This stuff is awesome for sound design & experimentation and I can't wait to get more hands on experience with Chenille (and the other ensemble effects) later this evening.
--- :reason:

Proboscis

18 Oct 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Thanks for sharing! For offtopic reasons I'm staying put on v10 and out of all the new devices the chorus ensemble kind of appealed to me; ever since I became more familiar with Humana I took more interest in voice synths (before that I wasn't very interested in this at all). Well, this gives me a perfect substitute to use within 10. I also looked into some of their other devices and oh my... I'm already fully hooked on 'Ammo' too (both the 400R oscillators as well as the 1200BR synth)! This stuff is awesome for sound design & experimentation and I can't wait to get more hands on experience with Chenille (and the other ensemble effects) later this evening.
I've enjoyed reading all of your recent posts actually. You appear to have a very 'dialled in' setup that would be broken by Reason 11's omission of Rewire. Seems like a dumb move to drop the technology since people who use cross-DAW solutions are suddenly left out of the market as potential buyers of the upgrade.

Coincidentally, the project I'm working on at the moment is using all of the tools you mention, Chenille, Humana & Ammo 1200BR. The last two don't usually get used by me, but I'm working on an hour long movement with various frequency 'beats' (aka; along the lines of binaural type soundscapes). That Ammo 1200 device seems like a powerhouse of a tool, but while I've had it for a long time, I find it pretty daunting to learn how I can apply it !

seqoi

19 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Oct 2019

Sequences
PolyStep Sequencer
Oops!!!
I have both! Using both - they are different tools for me :thumbs_up:

dannyF

24 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
11 Oct 2019
antic604 wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Yeah, like a suicide to solve your life's problems.
:roll:

Come on now, seriously? How is releasing Reason's rack as a VST plugin - while still supporting the core DAW standalone - comparable to "suicide"?

I'll wait.
Enoch takes things VERY literally. English may not be his first language as well.

As far as the native english speakers here, it was clear he ( antic604 ) was making an "allusion".
Last edited by dannyF on 24 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

• Information