Sonic Talk discuss Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

10 Oct 2019

Reason very seldom gets a mention on Sonic Talk, even around times of a big update. But they sound very positive about Reason 11 from their comments. Good to hear it getting a positive mention here :thumbs_up:

Loque

10 Oct 2019

The smile in the face of the ppl when they said "you can flip the rack"... Like children found the sweets hiding place 😋😍

... And you have a sequencer in the rack... As a RE...
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

11 Oct 2019

Yeah I think ultimately this will turn out to be a good move. Obviously I really like working in Reason. I had a vocalist/guitarist over last weekend and we smashed out 4 tracks in 3 days. Yeah it could be easier if it had X Y or Z but I think if you've got the ideas and the drive Reason 11 in its current state is absolutely not a barrier to creativity and I'll argue that point with anyone. TO THE DEATH :lol:

Of course, I also picked up Studio One Pro 4 the other week (170 bucks on the crossgrade deal) and it's *blowing my mind*. I've held off using Reason Rack in it while they address the PDC situation, and it also makes the program a little unstable atm. So I'll wait until the next . update before I really start digging into it but the possibilities are just...staggering. I'm too excited by it to really be too upset by what Reason doesn't have at this point because, apparently, it's been in S1 the whole time. Who knew?

I'd still love for Reason standalone to continue growing. For as much as I love Studio One so far, I'm still firing up Reason when I wanna work in that environment, work with players and sequencers and modulation between lots of different devices. I think that will always be the case. So if we can get a handful of things (folders...would change the game for me, never mind anything else...guys...pls :lol: ) then that would make it even better.

I will just say, on a kind of related note, that now I'm spread across four DAWs (Reason, Cubase, Studio One, Maschine) it's been *really* interesting visiting the communities for them all. You hear the same things everywhere you go. "It's been x years. This is a joke. They're not listening to us. I'm moving to <insert DAW here>". In truth all of them are excellent in their own right. So yeah, nice to have a new perspective on things.

But yeah. R11 VST = great move in the long run.

jlgrimes

11 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Yeah I think ultimately this will turn out to be a good move. Obviously I really like working in Reason. I had a vocalist/guitarist over last weekend and we smashed out 4 tracks in 3 days. Yeah it could be easier if it had X Y or Z but I think if you've got the ideas and the drive Reason 11 in its current state is absolutely not a barrier to creativity and I'll argue that point with anyone. TO THE DEATH :lol:

Of course, I also picked up Studio One Pro 4 the other week (170 bucks on the crossgrade deal) and it's *blowing my mind*. I've held off using Reason Rack in it while they address the PDC situation, and it also makes the program a little unstable atm. So I'll wait until the next . update before I really start digging into it but the possibilities are just...staggering. I'm too excited by it to really be too upset by what Reason doesn't have at this point because, apparently, it's been in S1 the whole time. Who knew?

I'd still love for Reason standalone to continue growing. For as much as I love Studio One so far, I'm still firing up Reason when I wanna work in that environment, work with players and sequencers and modulation between lots of different devices. I think that will always be the case. So if we can get a handful of things (folders...would change the game for me, never mind anything else...guys...pls :lol: ) then that would make it even better.

I will just say, on a kind of related note, that now I'm spread across four DAWs (Reason, Cubase, Studio One, Maschine) it's been *really* interesting visiting the communities for them all. You hear the same things everywhere you go. "It's been x years. This is a joke. They're not listening to us. I'm moving to <insert DAW here>". In truth all of them are excellent in their own right. So yeah, nice to have a new perspective on things.

But yeah. R11 VST = great move in the long run.

If they still manage to improve their sequencer, Rack, and RE technology, it will be a great move, but it all comes to their execution from here on now and they will need to dance between satisfying older Reason only users and newer Rack only users.

• Information