Question about Reason 11 licensig and earlier version of Reason. Rewire thing.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
seqoi

05 Oct 2019

Situation 1:

Let's say that i have Reason 10. I just upgraded to 11 Suite. I have dozen of projects created in version 10 with ReWire Reason 10 in to Cubase.

Ok follow me.

Another studio called XY (which already have Cubase) want to collaborate or take over some of my projects. Ok i tell them "buy Reason". Only 11 is available in the store and that's fine.

However...Reason 11 completely dropped ReWire. If Studio XY want to collaborate they need to download Reason 10 as well. In order to open my project which were used with ReWire technology.

But if they buy Reason (11) they will only have Reason 11 license and download link. Right? There is no Reason 10 for them to download (or to buy)? Ok problem solved - i send them Reason 10 installation zip.

So my question is this: If Studio XY buy Reason 11 Suite and if i send them Reason 10 zip installation via download link - Will they be able to open and run Reason 10 WITH Reason 11 license? To me that seems kinda natural but i want to ask here does anybody know or maybe PH can clear this out?

Situation 2. I want to expand my studio. And hire someone. I rent more space and i buy new computer. I again want to continue working on my old Reason 10 projects (ReWire is required) on that new computer (without moving any Reason license from old computer to new one). What are my options? I can buy Reason 11 for that new computer but it won't open Reason 10 projects because they were ReWired. So i have same question in different situation.

If i buy Reason 11 can i install and activate it, and can i after that continue with installing Reason 10 - will Reason 10 work with Reason 11 license?

Regards

jam-s

05 Oct 2019

I would ask all licensing related questions directly at the support service of your dealer (i.e. Props/Reason Studios).

Oquasec

05 Oct 2019

The authorizer thing runs all version of reason on the account fine if that's the question. yeah I'd just buy the licenses as early as possible.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information