Reason Sample Rate Issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RamonRivera

03 Oct 2019

I was trying to change the sample rate of my project and found out that kong changes the overall pitch and lengths of the drums once I try another sample rate other than the 44.1 stock sample rate, is this normal behavior or should I write Reason Studious reporting this behavior, I ask because I noticed that support is really slow and Im currently demoing reason so I need answers fast, thanks!

guitfnky

03 Oct 2019

are you demoing Reason 11? I’ve done this a few times in earlier projects (v10 and lower), and I think other devices have always adapted to the change in sample rate, to continue playing at the correct pitch. I can’t speak specifically for Kong, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t desired behavior, and should be reported as a bug.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

RamonRivera

03 Oct 2019

It was the same with reason 10, which I demoed shortly before the reason 11 release

guitfnky

03 Oct 2019

weird...sounds like a bug with the device. do the other sampled instruments (NNXT, VST sample-devices, etc.) play back correctly?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

RamonRivera

03 Oct 2019

Sample playback seems to be fine, it's the drum modules that change character, specially the decay seems to change with higher sample rate making it shorter at higher sample rates.

friday

03 Oct 2019

RamonRivera wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Sample playback seems to be fine, it's the drum modules that change character, specially the decay seems to change with higher sample rate making it shorter at higher sample rates.
You mean, the mini nn-xt sampler in kong is ok? Only the virtual analog drum modules has this behavior?

RamonRivera

03 Oct 2019

yeah the mini nn-xt seems fine, I find that the physical modeling snare is the most affected by the change of sampling rate

• Information