Bluetooth headphones

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Desmondblack
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

Hi all, quick question - can you set up Bluetooth headphones with Reason? About to board a plane and forgot my connector cable. Thanks!
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

dezma

03 Oct 2019

Desmondblack wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Hi all, quick question - can you set up Bluetooth headphones with Reason? About to board a plane and forgot my connector cable. Thanks!
Yeah, assuming you use asio4all, connect your headphones, start reason and go to asio4all control panel. There select your BT headphones (go advanced/expert if you don't see them).

Latency will be a batch though.

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

Will give it a shot, thanks
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

elMisse

03 Oct 2019

Correction: BT-latency will be a HUGE batch.

Last Alternative

03 Oct 2019

I have no experience with this but I have heard and read you lose a lot of bass and true frequency range in general going wireless.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

chimp_spanner

03 Oct 2019

I don't think using Bluetooth would affect the range of frequencies you hear. It's digital, so if it's in the 1's and 0's on your laptop, it will be in the headphones. The actual quality of the headphones is really the only thing that's gonna make a difference but as others have said, latency is gonna be an issue. So I would steer clear, unless you're okay with programming by hand and don't need it in real time :)

dezma

03 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 Oct 2019
So I would steer clear, unless you're okay with programming by hand and don't need it in real time :)
Might be safer anyways, if your next seat neighbor is easily irritated by the continuous rhythmic keyboard tapping and happens to know martial arts.

PeterP

03 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 Oct 2019
I don't think using Bluetooth would affect the range of frequencies you hear. It's digital, so if it's in the 1's and 0's on your laptop, it will be in the headphones.
Bluetooth audio is usually compressed with a lossy codec. Just like with mp3 you'll loose a bit of the high frequencies in that case.

Whether you're young enough and have good enough hearing to notice it is another matter. I probably wouldn't :)

• Information