Studio One Reason VST Automation Problem?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

02 Oct 2019

Hey everyone! First of all, just picked up Studio One Pro tonight on the crossgrade deal for like, £170. Which is just madness. It seems absolutely amazing, although i've only tickled the surface tonight.

One thing I've encountered though, and I'd like for someone else to confirm this.

1 - Create a Rack and instrument of your choice
2 - Create a pattern, and add a custom automation lane for any parameter on the instrument
3 - Create a second rack, pattern and custom automation lane
4 - Note that on the first track, the name of the parameter you chose is now the name of a parameter from the second device

This will continue as you add more devices. Each new Rack changes the names of all the custom automation parameters you've added in other patterns on other racks (however they still sound right and address the correct parameter).

I hope I've explained it well!

dezma

03 Oct 2019

Could not reproduce on Studio one 4.5.2 + R11 beta non logging. Pattern automation names remain correct.

chimp_spanner

03 Oct 2019

Interesting! I'm on R11 Suite release version. I'll test more after work and report my findings.

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

Hi Chimpspanner

I am on latest version of studio one pro with r11 standard on win 10 and I cannot reproduce the issue you have above as they all read correctly on my system. I assume I understood you correctly though? I tested Europa , legend and antidote adding automation by using touch and then changing to read mode. If you did it differently (like dragging hand to track to add automation) I would be happy to test for you.

dezma

03 Oct 2019

Popey wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Hi Chimpspanner

I am on latest version of studio one pro with r11 standard on win 10 and I cannot reproduce the issue you have above as they all read correctly on my system. I assume I understood you correctly though? I tested Europa , legend and antidote adding automation by using touch and then changing to read mode. If you did it differently (like dragging hand to track to add automation) I would be happy to test for you.
As It read it it was in a pattern clip and also pattern clip automation (so they hand of hand picking the parameter)

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2019

dezma wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Popey wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Hi Chimpspanner

As It read it it was in a pattern clip and also pattern clip automation (so they hand of hand picking the parameter)
That will teach me for reading something quickly at work, you are completely right.

• Information