R11 seems rock solid to me

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoundObjects

02 Oct 2019

Until now it looks like R11 standard update works very well with my old Windows 7.
Sometimes in R10 I could get a Message like "The audio driver stopped working" when started Reason.
This error disappeared with R11. Now it also seems to start faster than R10.
Maybe because RS skipped the rewire option.

Have not yet tried R11 as VST plugin but I like the new FX units that sounds very nice.
Count on RS will come up with more features in some free updates 11.1 to 11.x :)

Changeing from Ableton live I have been using Reason as my primary DAW since R10.
Among others because of all the sound potentially hidden in the rack units wire flexibility
and the external midi features.
The Universe Is Vibrating

Minimalize

02 Oct 2019

It's blown my mind the last couple of nights.

I got into a rut with my music using Reason and bought Ableton last year, had a good year and a half making a record on it - but there was always something missing, opening up an old Reason track last week I realised that I'd missed that way of working a lot, mainly with the modules and sounds I could get in Reason - it was always more fun to tinker around with than Ableton. Now that I can run both in tandem with the VST rack feature, it seems like a culmination of everything I want or need to be finishing the record I'm working on.

Oquasec

02 Oct 2019

Ill keep R11 as a vst and use the older versions when I want rewire back in FL Studio or Cubase tbh.
Thank god Reason studios thought of this
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jlgrimes

02 Oct 2019

SoundObjects wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Until now it looks like R11 standard update works very well with my old Windows 7.
Sometimes in R10 I could get a Message like "The audio driver stopped working" when started Reason.
This error disappeared with R11. Now it also seems to start faster than R10.
Maybe because RS skipped the rewire option.

Have not yet tried R11 as VST plugin but I like the new FX units that sounds very nice.
Count on RS will come up with more features in some free updates 11.1 to 11.x :)

Changeing from Ableton live I have been using Reason as my primary DAW since R10.
Among others because of all the sound potentially hidden in the rack units wire flexibility
and the external midi features.

The performance updates from 10 really helped alot. To me it even looked liked they made some subtle graphic enhancements as well. I made a track in 11 and it was a bug free glitchless experience. Ableton right now is pretty hoggy on my Mac (even with Track Freeze). Studio One is less hoggy but had some crashes.

Reason even when it had the performance issues was always a reliable performer. Crashes are very rare in the program, and probably in terms of stability Reason is very high on the list if not #1.

I crash Ableton alot more often, that said most Ableton crashes are usually fully recoverable. Studio One seems even more crash prone than Ableton and usually is only recoverable from Autosaving. Ableton autosaves as well but usually autorecovers the whole project without autosaving.

Reason crashes so little that I always forget about the last time it did it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

Reason 11 has been FAR from rock solid for me. Major major bugs happening to me. So much so that I'm having a really hard time finishing my R11 track I'm working on.
Where talking Reason 11 not even starting sometimes. Synths not playing. Play marker jumping back to the beginning wherever I press at the song. These are not small issues.
I was really looking forward to this upgrade, but honestly it's the first time I feel disappointed with Reason. So far it's pretty much €129 down the drain. The most basic stuff doesn't work properly.
Really hope Reason Studios fix these bugs out FAST.

Am I the only who experience these issues?
Seems weird.

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Reason 11 has been FAR from rock solid for me. Major major bugs happening to me. So much so that I'm having a really hard time finishing my R11 track I'm working on.
Where talking Reason 11 not even starting sometimes. Synths not playing. Play marker jumping back to the beginning wherever I press at the song. These are not small issues.
I was really looking forward to this upgrade, but honestly it's the first time I feel disappointed with Reason. So far it's pretty much €129 down the drain. The most basic stuff doesn't work properly.

Seems weird.
Same thing is happening to me

friday

02 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Seems weird.
Here also a lot of bugs. Today i just gave up after 5min when it freezes and the playhead was the only thing i could move arround, but it jumped back every time. Need to kill the reason process. After that, I did not had any patience, and was working with Reason 10.

Anybody else also running in to the issue i had at the beginning, that Reason Suite did not migrate my old preferences, favorites and vst-screenshots?

I think, they changed the preferences folder (Windows) from Reason to Reason Suite but did not think about the migration. Therefore i also think if you bought just Reason Update there is no problem, only with Suite.

Would be fair if the Reason Studio Guys could give a statement on this!
Last edited by friday on 02 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Oquasec

02 Oct 2019

Been playin with the vst for a good few hours now.
So far so good.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

gullum

02 Oct 2019

they sent me a logging version but all day I have not been able to get it to frezz :(

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

aeox wrote:
02 Oct 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Seems weird.
Sorry to hear your dealing with the same crap as I am.
At the same time it's sort of a relief to hear that I'm not the only one who is affected by these issues. Hopefully RS has heard from many users and will do something about it quickly. It's not exactly good for their reputation to have sold an upgrade so buggy that Reason doesn't work. After all Reason has a reputation for being "stable" and "uncrashable". This is pretty much the opposite of that.

retreed
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

aeox wrote:
02 Oct 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Seems weird.
In order to get the playhead less stuck, deactivate display stuff, e.g. GQ-7 analyzer off switch on the back, remove metering stuff with displays. The more displays are showing stuff, the likely it gets stuck. This is what I figured out helps until RS will solve it. I hope this info helps.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019
aeox wrote:
02 Oct 2019

In order to get the playhead less stuck, deactivate display stuff, e.g. GQ-7 analyzer off switch on the back, remove metering stuff with displays. The more displays are showing stuff, the likely it gets stuck. This is what I figured out helps until RS will solve it. I hope this info helps.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see if it makes a difference.

SoundObjects

03 Oct 2019

Those who have problems - are you running on pc or mac platforms and what is your audio interface ?
Could be interesting to see if there is a pattern to these problems.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

SoundObjects wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Those who have problems - are you running on pc or mac platforms and what is your audio interface ?
Could be interesting to see if there is a pattern to these problems.
PC. Windows 10.
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Oct 2019
retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see if it makes a difference.
So far it seems to be working. :thumbs_up:

Last Alternative

03 Oct 2019

friday wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Would be fair if the Reason Studio Guys could give a statement on this!
Ha! IF they say anything it’ll be the usual runaround... with a smile 🙂
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Last Alternative

03 Oct 2019

retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Yeah but how sad is it we have to do ‘low resolution mode’ and shit like this? We can’t even fully enjoy the software and some of these issues have been plaguing us for years with no end in sight.
Like seriously—what’s the point in them promoting things that don’t work. Not many peeps use Reason, respectively to all the options and my friend and (former) diehard Reason fan who turned me onto this company no longer cares about it.
And now there’s new issues. How fun!
Last edited by Last Alternative on 03 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

tiker01

03 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Seems weird.
Sounds like a reinstall might help. I have never had such issues with Reason in the past nor with Reason 11. On the other hand the last Win 10 update made my mouse act funny like clicking double or triple when I have only pressed the button once.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

tiker01 wrote:
03 Oct 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2019

Seems weird.
Sounds like a reinstall might help. I have never had such issues with Reason in the past nor with Reason 11. On the other hand the last Win 10 update made my mouse act funny like clicking double or triple when I have only pressed the button once.
Never had issues with Reason before either. R10 worked fine after last the Windows update.
It's only now with the R11 Suite version.
Maybe I'll try to reinstall it.

SoundObjects

03 Oct 2019

If lowering the graphic resolution and activity is able to reduce the problems it seems more
like a graphic performance issue or conflict.
Maybe also try and check the graphic drivers and settings.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Thanks to your tip I was able to finish my first R11 track. Worst Reason experience ever.
I named it appropriately ;)

I've mainly used Scenic and Complex-1 for the track.

chimp_spanner

03 Oct 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Oct 2019
retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Yeah but how sad is it we have to do ‘low resolution mode’ and shit like this? We can’t even fully enjoy the software and some of these issues have been plaguing us for years with no end in sight.
Like seriously—what’s the point in them promoting things that don’t work. Not many peeps use Reason, respectively to all the options and my friend and (former) diehard Reason fan who turned me onto this company no longer cares about it.
AFAIK you never needed to do low resolution. It was just a matter of setting the colour profile of your Retina display to RGB, instead of Colour LCD. That's fixed in 11. I can't say, though, if whatever they did there could be having an impact on the PC version. Can't really think why it would. In any case I'm running on Mojave here and haven't had any issues, so it seems like it's a Windows thing.

If you have dual graphics, try using the control panel utility for your GFX adapter to force Reason onto either the integrated, or accelerated GPU. And see if that does anything.

Otherwise just ensure that all graphics drivers are fully updated and that you don't have anything installed that could cause graphical issues (screen temperature utilities like Flux, for instance).

Beyond that, just open tickets I guess! It's obviously not an isolated incident, so I hope you all get to the bottom of it.

gullum

03 Oct 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Last Alternative wrote:
03 Oct 2019

AFAIK you never needed to do low resolution. It was just a matter of setting the colour profile of your Retina display to RGB, instead of Colour LCD. That's fixed in 11. I can't say, though, if whatever they did there could be having an impact on the PC version. Can't really think why it would. In any case I'm running on Mojave here and haven't had any issues, so it seems like it's a Windows thing.

If you have dual graphics, try using the control panel utility for your GFX adapter to force Reason onto either the integrated, or accelerated GPU. And see if that does anything.

Otherwise just ensure that all graphics drivers are fully updated and that you don't have anything installed that could cause graphical issues (screen temperature utilities like Flux, for instance).

Beyond that, just open tickets I guess! It's obviously not an isolated incident, so I hope you all get to the bottom of it.
The problem with Reason freezing but still playing the song is reported for bout Mac and Windows users. They are aware of it and trying to figure out what causes the problem.

retreed
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Oct 2019
retreed wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Thanks to your tip I was able to finish my first R11 track. Worst Reason experience ever.
I named it appropriately ;)

I've mainly used Scenic and Complex-1 for the track.
I am glad it helped. In a few weeks people forgot about the bugs but you will not, atleast until you delete it from SC and your HD. :thumbs_up:

chimp_spanner

03 Oct 2019

gullum wrote:
03 Oct 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
03 Oct 2019

The problem with Reason freezing but still playing the song is reported for bout Mac and Windows users. They are aware of it and trying to figure out what causes the problem.
Oh weird, my bad then! I wonder if it is something to do with the change they made to fix the Retina problem? Who knows. Glad to know they're on it though and acknowledge it as a bug!

• Information