Authorizer unable to connect to licensing server

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
arjunned

28 Sep 2019

Hi, folks,

So I've been facing this weird problem off late which has pretty much rendered Reason unusable.

The Authorizer app is unable to connect to the licensing server. I am unable to download any REs from the store, nor am I able to install my purchased REs.
Here's what I've tried so far, but with no luck:
1. I tried disabling Windows anti-virus but Authorizer still won't connect.
2. I've tried disabling my firewall and reconnecting, but the issue still persists.
3. I've even tried reinstalling Reason 10.4 - i.e. completely uninstalling Reason, the Codemeter software and reinstalling everything after a full system restart, but still nothing. Authorizer just refuses to connect.
4. As a last resort, I’ve even formatted my Windows 10 install (clean install) and am still unable to install my REs. The Authorizer simply refuses to connect.

Any help would be appreciated. I've put off upgrading to Reason 11 because of this. I've even contacted support, but have only received one response and the issue still remains.

My system:
Ryzen 1600X
16gb 3000Mhz DDR4
500GB NVME
Windows 10 1903 (all latest updates installed)

Thanks in advance,
Arjun.

boingy

28 Sep 2019

What browser are you using, Arjun?
I've found that MS Edge just will not talk to the authoriser so I have to use the Chrome browser to sync and license REs. I assume other browsers will work too.

Loque

28 Sep 2019

I cannot see the screenshot.

Is the Authorizer service running?
Reason12, Win10

arjunned

29 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
28 Sep 2019
What browser are you using, Arjun?
I've found that MS Edge just will not talk to the authoriser so I have to use the Chrome browser to sync and license REs. I assume other browsers will work too.
I'm using Chrome. Authorizer never seemed to work with any other browser for me before, and Chrome is my default browser for everything anyway.
Loque wrote:
28 Sep 2019
I cannot see the screenshot.

Is the Authorizer service running?
https://imgur.com/Xhu2f95

Yes, Authorizer is running. It just refuses to sync and download my RE's.

arjunned

18 Oct 2019

Just bumping the thread to say that's it been a month since I've been facing this issue and have no access to a software I've invested heavily in. This is beyond frustrating. :cry:

Absolutely no response from Reason Support either.

• Information