When Will Reason 11.X AAX be available?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samtrino

Post 14 Feb 2020

+1 for Reason 11 AAX...

Yonatan

Post 14 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
ReWire, yes it is still used, but to just play along with the Reason Rack without ReWire, it will get a nicer workflow.
I thought ReWire was deprecated and is no longer being supported? It's removed in Reason 11 anyway.. Or are you talking about older versions of Reason?
Yes, R11 has no ReWire, I meant in the past, but admit it got unclearly written.
I meant that ppl have been able to use Reason and PT in ReWire but that I think Reason Rack plugin will be a an more compelling option, at least for those not using Reason as main DAW. And thus I think it will probably not be a waste to make an AAX version, as many in the business still use PT, and we might see some tutorials and standard producers use Reason Rack Plugin.

musicman691

Post Today

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
It seems that those asking for AAX Rack Plugin might get their wishes true someday. At least when read on a facebook comment. It has gone from " not in our plans", via "we are considering", "we are looking into it", all the way to lately "when we are finished with AAX". (quotes only vaguely taken from memory). So keep your fingers crossed. Not that it concerns me personally, and not majority uses ProTools as their daily DAW but ProTools is still a standard name in the industry and quite many tutorials on youtube have PT displayed so I think there is a value for RS in making it AAX compatible. I mean just the guy with the Recording Revolution thing, often uses ProTools and quite a lot of engineer experts with a name, and I am sure quite a few of them will not be able to resist trying out the Reason Rack, as ProTools has not so many own virtual instruments, it is a great combo. ReWire, yes it is still used, but to just play along with the Reason Rack without ReWire, it will get a nicer workflow.
We really need R11 aax. A fellow over on the DUC has tried both the vst and au versions of R11 in Blue Cat Patchwork and it doesn't work. This would have me upgrading from R8.3 in a heartbeat.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2019.6, DP9.02, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

• Information