10, 11 side by side and remote

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
brand

27 Sep 2019

Hi,
I got 11 Suite, and still have 10. I'm still working on this, but it seems like remote is pointing to 10. Some custom mapping I have does not seem to be pointing to 11. I am on Mac, so I am looking at Library, app support, Propellerhead Software, etc.
I don't see any new folder that houses app support for 11, such as "Reason Studios". So it seems to me that the "Propellerhead Software" folder in Library->app support should point to 11. Anyone know why 11 Suite would not see it? This is for my control surface. I have my keyboard mapped fine. If I open 10, my mapping is there. I wonder if I'm missing something?
Thanks

brand

29 Sep 2019

For anyone who makes modifications to Maps and Codecs in Remote, I discovered the following regarding Suite 11:

With Reason 10, the location (Re: Mac OS) of the maps and codecs was Library-App Support-Prop Software. But I found that in Applications, right-clicking “Reason Suite 11” and choosing “Show Package Contents” you find another “Remote” folder. In that, there’s a “Default Codecs” folder, and a “Default Maps” folder. At least in my case, this is where Suite 11 was looking for maps.

Micronini

28 Mar 2020

It would be nice if it was possible to recover the remote surface settings from Reason 10 to Reason Suite 11. Does anybody knows a way ?
Reason Suite : 11.2.1.d17
Controllers : Novation MKII (with Automap 4.9) + QuNeo (Keith McMillen)
MIDI : Moog Sub Phatty
Many, many :re:
OS X 10.13.6 on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017
Sound Card : Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

xboix

28 Mar 2020

I think Reason 11 (non-Suite) will share the location with Reason 10 but Reason 11 Suite uses a different location. I think you should be able to just copy the remote surface settings across manually but do make backup copies of anything before you overwrite it.

Micronini

28 Mar 2020

Thank you for your inputs. Do you know where are the remote surface settings for Reason 10, I don't find them in Application support.

Micronini

28 Mar 2020

I think that it is not possible to transfer the control surface setting, they are melted into the preferences file.

brand

28 Mar 2020

Well, in MAC OS, a custom map (and codec) used to work fine and carry over even when there were Reason updates (i.e.: the maps and codecs would re-flash, but your modification would stay). This was in Library-App Support-Prop Software. Then with Suite 11, as I mentioned above, I found that in Applications, right-clicking “Reason Suite 11” and choosing “Show Package Contents” you find another “Remote” folder. In that, there’s a “Default Codecs” folder, and a “Default Maps” folder. At least in my case, this is where Suite 11 was looking for maps.
But anytime there is an update, it re-flashes the original map and codec. So, as part of the update process, I have to copy the custom map back in. I mean, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this is how it works for me. I think Props once told me that the map name had to be different, and that makes sense, but it did not work.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2020

Micronini wrote:
28 Mar 2020
It would be nice if it was possible to recover the remote surface settings from Reason 10 to Reason Suite 11. Does anybody knows a way ?
Just pull the remote files from 10 to 11 Suite. Or if you want have the current format, just open the remote files in 10, copy your custom maps, and replace them on the 11 files.

• Information