Reason 11 Available

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

Two things happened to me this week. Microsoft rolled out a Party Chat update that inexplicably rendered my entire game library (hundreds of pounds worth) unplayable for 24 hours.

Apple pushed out iPad OS, which has a multi-touch gesture bug that occurs whenever I play more than two keys on a soft synth.

These are companies with millions/billions to splash about and guess what; mistakes happen. It's unfortunate that release day has been plagued by a number of issues but just make a coffee, take a breather. No-one who does this stuff for a living is relying on 11.0 on launch day. That's just silly. Maybe I was lucky; I bought, installed and opened 11 with no hitches (minus the REB marketing error). But if I hadn't of been able to, know what I'd have done? Got on with my work in 10.4. Or more specifically, got on with my ACTUAL work. In Excel *mumbles and kicks dirt*.

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Two things happened to me this week. Microsoft rolled out a Party Chat update that inexplicably rendered my entire game library (hundreds of pounds worth) unplayable for 24 hours.

Apple pushed out iPad OS, which has a multi-touch gesture bug that occurs whenever I play more than two keys on a soft synth.

These are companies with millions/billions to splash about and guess what; mistakes happen. It's unfortunate that release day has been plagued by a number of issues but just make a coffee, take a breather. No-one who does this stuff for a living is relying on 11.0 on launch day. That's just silly. Maybe I was lucky; I bought, installed and opened 11 with no hitches (minus the REB marketing error). But if I hadn't of been able to, know what I'd have done? Got on with my work in 10.4. Or more specifically, got on with my ACTUAL work. In Excel *mumbles and kicks dirt*.
Ahhh some sensible banter here. Refreshing, like that coffee :D
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

Just call me Forum Dad. Now everyone go to their rooms.

EdGrip

25 Sep 2019

LOL!

I'll, uh, leave the ol' upgrade for a day or so, I think. ;)

ast3rix

25 Sep 2019

Got it can’t wait to get home and do some system cleaning then install it. Beta was cool, but that logging was a drag. I can’t wait to see the performance of this one. Also start digging onto the new bits that I didn’t have before. Oh the kid is in the candy shop.

EdGrip

25 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Two things happened to me this week. Microsoft rolled out a Party Chat update
There's a program called Party Chat??

fkn

Last Alternative

25 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Sounds like you should move on then, cut your loses, seething hate over a DAW is probably not good for your health. Don't let the door hit ya!
LOL k who tf are you? If I want your opinion I’ll give it to ya 🖕
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

EdGrip wrote:
25 Sep 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Two things happened to me this week. Microsoft rolled out a Party Chat update
There's a program called Party Chat??

fkn

Haha no, not *that* Party Chat. It's something to do with how multiple people in a group communicate over headsets. I have nooo idea why that knocked out my game library when I don't even play with other people.

I prefer to play with myself :D

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Sounds like you should move on then, cut your loses, seething hate over a DAW is probably not good for your health. Don't let the door hit ya!
LOL k who tf are you? If I want your opinion I’ll give it to ya 🖕
Spout menace like you've been doing and in essence you are asking for opinions. It's a message board broguy.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
25 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
all the early adopters should get their REB copy automatically no questions asked.
But does it work like that anywhere else?

As with any misprinted advertisement or sticker price, those who benefit are the ones who see it and report it. Those customers bring attention to the fact that they purchased it because of this price or that feature. Not sure how many people were looking at the Reason Electric Bass page this morning when buying Reason 11... But I'm sure anybody who thought they were owed something, will be vocal about it. And it sounds like they will be taken care of.

One issue of granting licenses to anyone who purchased before the typo was fixed, is then you have a large amount of people reporting that, "Wow, I got Reason Electric Bass. Didn't know that was included!" And then you've potentially got a bigger mess on your hands explaining to everyone else why they don't get it as well...and what happened...when it's more or less a small thing.

The right thing is when people are given the things that they feel they purchased and are owed. If someone had no knowledge of the typo when buying Reason 11, and it wasn't a factor in making the purchase, I don't think it's wrong if they aren't automatically granted a license. Would be cool for them for sure.
So it's the user's obligation to check wether something is still included that was advertised during their purchase? Yeah sorry I don't think so.
They advertised 3 for the price of 2, but only put 2 in the bag. With that logic, they only give you the last item if you check your bag.

Edit: and it was not just a "typo".
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
25 Sep 2019

As with any misprinted advertisement or sticker price, those who benefit are the ones who see it and report it. Those customers bring attention to the fact that they purchased it because of this price or that feature. Not sure how many people were looking at the Reason Electric Bass page this morning when buying Reason 11... But I'm sure anybody who thought they were owed something, will be vocal about it. And it sounds like they will be taken care of.

One issue of granting licenses to anyone who purchased before the typo was fixed, is then you have a large amount of people reporting that, "Wow, I got Reason Electric Bass. Didn't know that was included!" And then you've potentially got a bigger mess on your hands explaining to everyone else why they don't get it as well...and what happened...when it's more or less a small thing.

The right thing is when people are given the things that they feel they purchased and are owed. If someone had no knowledge of the typo when buying Reason 11, and it wasn't a factor in making the purchase, I don't think it's wrong if they aren't automatically granted a license. Would be cool for them for sure.
So it's the user's obligation to check wether something is still included that was advertised during their purchase? Yeah sorry I don't think so.
They advertised 3 for the price of 2, but only put 2 in the bag. With that logic, they only give you the last item if you check your bag.
You're misunderstanding, perhaps being intentionally obtuse.

They had a misprint, if the person used misprinted info as a deciding point in their purchase then they should, and will, be given it for free if they ask for it. If a person was going to get the upgrade all along and didn't expect that to be included, then no harm, no foul.

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

No I'm not. But whatever.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
25 Sep 2019

I mean, if I go to the store today and purchase a keyboard and go home, and that store happens to have had a misprinted ad out for the wrong price, they aren't just going to credit my account. I can bring the ad in with me and they'll honor the price when I buy it...I can even bring the ad in after the purchase and they'll fix it. But I wouldn't expect my account to be credited automatically. I have to show that I was affected by it, that I saw it, and that it played a factor in my purchase.

That said, I didn't realize this was mentioned in several places (more than just the REB product page, but also the comparison page). It seems like maybe REB was planned for Reason Standard and then changed. Maybe the easier solution would be to just include it for everyone going forward :D

Raveshaper

25 Sep 2019

I believe what JP, diminished, and others have been saying, Joey, is that RS are basically broadcasting an unwillingness to do the moral thing and own their "mistake" by honoring the offering as advertised.

It's a trust and honesty thing in a time when people hold little of either toward the brand, and a small gesture of goodwill in light of how much of a garbage fire the rest of this release has been so far.

No, in a pedantic and long winded way they don't have to do the right thing. But people have had enough.
It's one thing to feel wronged, but another to be wronged -- in plain view.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

gotta say, this release, and pretty much everything surrounding it feels rushed, and riddled with problems. not big problems, mind you, but Reason, the software is known for its stability. Propellerhead, the company had been known for smooth releases.

but we’ve had numerous problems plaguing the website, in the changeover to Reason Studios, and clearly they had lots of unfinished stuff with the software, even after they announced the new version: the SSL devices they showed were just mock-ups, and even today, on release, Scenic isn’t yet finished (they’re still working on sample loading).

it’s all minor stuff, but it’s not normal for a Propellerhead release—I hope it doesn’t become normal for a Reason Studios release.

it seems like they should have delayed the announcement and the release, until they had everything worked out.

the sky isn’t falling, like some seem to think, but it is concerning.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ravasb

25 Sep 2019

Lempface wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Last Alternative wrote:
25 Sep 2019

No kidding! I have immense respect for JP and Selig for their years and years (at least a decade since I came around) of dedication and support to this community, as well as their absolutely incredible RE’s and I’ve seen them both become upset or irritated recently, whereas before, when PH was good to us, there were never any complaints from them. I always batch a little but also gave high praise where it’s due but now I’m over it. I’m talking seething with hate almost at this company which I feel has been building at the same rate as everyone else who feels more and more wronged over time. And for good reason.
The Props are lucky that people still care enough to be angry. Apathy is next, and that is what puts a company out of business,

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
gotta say, this release, and pretty much everything surrounding it feels rushed, and riddled with problems. not big problems, mind you, but Reason, the software is known for its stability. Propellerhead, the company had been known for smooth releases.

but we’ve had numerous problems plaguing the website, in the changeover to Reason Studios, and clearly they had lots of unfinished stuff with the software, even after they announced the new version: the SSL devices they showed were just mock-ups, and even today, on release, Scenic isn’t yet finished (they’re still working on sample loading).

it’s all minor stuff, but it’s not normal for a Propellerhead release—I hope it doesn’t become normal for a Reason Studios release.

it seems like they should have delayed the announcement and the release, until they had everything worked out.

the sky isn’t falling, like some seem to think, but it is concerning.
Well put. Management should take serious notes right now and improve scheduling and inter-team communication.

joeyluck

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I believe what JP, diminished, and others have been saying, Joey, is that RS are basically broadcasting an unwillingness to do the moral thing and own their "mistake" by honoring the offering as advertised.

It's a trust and honesty thing in a time when people hold little of either toward the brand, and a small gesture of goodwill in light of how much of a garbage fire the rest of this release has been so far.

No, in a pedantic and long winded way they don't have to do the right thing. But people have had enough.
I'm just saying that I'm not aware of any instances where it is handled any differently. I've actually bought things from stores before that they didn't ship and instead refunded me and told me the price was a mistake.

And some people seem to be making it out like they are just saying, "It was a mistake, no you don't receive it." They are looking out for those people. They are saying that those who saw it, who thought they were receiving it and those who purchased it because of it, can get in touch with them to be taken care of. And you can bet that people who thought they were receiving it, will be contacting them anyways. I think it will all work out.

If you see someone here complain a month from now about just realizing they didn't get REB when they purchased during those first few moments, all of us can point them to Reason Studios support and I'm sure they can look at the purchase date and time and take care of them.

bik44

25 Sep 2019

Could someone check if Reason 11 can be rewired as previous versions?
There is no midi device in vst rack mode so If I want to use players or other sequencer devices to control instruments in my main daw I still have to use Reason in rewire mode and use virtual midi.

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

bik44 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
There is no midi device in vst rack mode so If I want to use players or other sequencer devices to control instruments in my main daw I still have to use Reason in rewire mode and use virtual midi.
ReWire is deprecated as of 11. It still works in 10, though. And 10 can be installed alongside 11 if you need it for old projects!

EdGrip

25 Sep 2019

bik44 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
As reported in various places on this forum, including viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7513625 - Reason 11 does not support ReWire. Keep a copy of Reason 10 around for ReWire purposes.

boingy

25 Sep 2019

I can't quite believe just how fucking unprepared for release day RS seem to be. Shocking.

friday

25 Sep 2019

Ok, wanted to open a ticket via the homepage (my account > my tickets) but it did not work, because of this annoyng bug, that the page can not remember my acount when switching between sub sites. shame.

This is the Bug... here on my Win10 PC:

Reason Suite 11 does not migrate the Favorites and Preference from Reason 10.4 !!! Maybe there is a manual way, but they should do their job... they get my money. I am not one of this haters here, but come on guys what the fuck...

I can see there is a new Folder in App Data....

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite

Edit1: could manage the preference problem, copy and rename ... Reason 10 Preferences.prf > Reason Suite 11 Preferences.prf
Last edited by friday on 25 Sep 2019, edited 2 times in total.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Yes, pretty much that, and the irony is it probably won't even have affected that many people: it'd only been out six hours and likely only was relevant to a few eager Europeans and sleepy Kiwis ;)

Loque

25 Sep 2019

friday wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Ok, wanted to open a ticket via the homepage (my account > my tickets) but it did not work, because of this annoyng bug, that the page can not remember my acount when switching between sub sites. shame.

This is the Bug... here on my Win10 PC:

Reason Suite 11 does not migrate the Favorites and Preference from Reason 10.4 !!! Maybe there is a manual way, but they should do their job... they get my money. I am not one of this haters here, but come on guys what the fuck...

I can see ther is a new Folder in App Data....

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite
Doh! Good catch. This is already the workaround.
Reason12, Win10

• Information