Reason 11 Available

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Can I run the 11 demo next to 10 or will it over-ride 10?
Sorry, I'm impatient :lol:
Well, of course it does silly :lol:

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
25 Sep 2019
craste wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Reason 10 and 11 Beta uninstalled.
Reboot PC
Install Reason 11 Suite - All completed OK
Just downloading my Rack Extensions via the Authoriser program.

Can wait to try out all the new stuff!

I was going to wait and buy the boxed retail version - as I like to have the boxes on the shelf but couldn't wait!

I would happily buy an empty Reason Suite box - Reason Studios should offer this in the shop if you actally own a copy - I'd pay five or 6 quid for a box to cover postage etc!
Thought boxed versions were a thing of the past?
I would like to have a box and more importantly the stickers. The new Reason Studio stickers no less.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Yes they'll run side by side no probs.

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Yes they'll run side by side no probs.
Now the question is ... how do I get the 30 demo so I can load my older projects? Seems terribly unclear.

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

another indication Scenic is unfinished is that there's no manual or documentation for it yet. in my experience, Props had been very good about having all their ducks in a row before releasing a new device, including stuff like demo videos and documentation.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

antic604

25 Sep 2019

Why doesn't Reason 10.4 tell me I can upgrade to 11? Do I really have to uninstall 10 and install 11??? What happens with all the soundbanks & REs I have downloaded? Will I have to d/l all of it again?? :o

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Why doesn't Reason 10.4 tell me I can upgrade to 11? Do I really have to uninstall 10 and install 11??? What happens with all the soundbanks & REs I have downloaded? Will I have to d/l all of it again?? :o

No, I just did this. 11 is separate and has it's own icon and everything.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to activate the 30 day trail :roll:

BartBackowitz

25 Sep 2019

Quick praise in the midst of some complaints - My god, Parsec is such an awesome synth!! If this was hardware, people would be all over it. Honestly, just having this plus the classic Reason synths is an enormous value. I love the sounds in this thing, plus it's such a simple interface to use. I believe this will be a very well loved synth once more people get their hands on it.

On the complaint note, maybe I am doing something wrong but the old favorites from R10 (DEMO, maybe this is why) don't port over even when I copy/paste them from their DIR in Windows. I also tried to add some new patches to those folders but when I reloaded Reason they were gone. Must be a bug, but before I open a ticket and bomb these guys on release day, I am wondering if anyone else already did.
Last edited by BartBackowitz on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

ltbrunt00

25 Sep 2019

I for one enjoyed the R11 beta, it was nice using my RE's in My other DAWs. The first time I loaded the reason plugin in Bitwig and S1 I sat there like a dear staring at the head lights of a car. 60 plus songs between Bitwig and S1 now being able to use the devices I rely on in all of my Non reason projects left me sitting there with to many ideas to try at once. I am still in awe of the bold move of the reason plugin. I never, never, never liked using rewire.

I can now start the same type of song in another DAW and move it over back to reason if I get that itch to need to use the SSL mixer in reason. I use the hell out of the reason players and my secret weapon RPG-8 in almost everything I make and being able to use those in S1 is pretty amazing. Now when I get a song to a certain point and become stuck I can move it around between DAWS and keeping that exact same sounds, effects and players. Now if the Props can somehow create a VST plug in of their whole SSL mixer. Why not we but the same type of plug ins from Waves in bits in pieces.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

antic604

25 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019

But that's what I mean - 11 is separate, so I'll have to uninstall 10. What happens with the soundbanks & REs? Will they be deleted if I uninstall 10, because obviously the location is shared between two versions.

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019

But that's what I mean - 11 is separate, so I'll have to uninstall 10. What happens with the soundbanks & REs? Will they be deleted if I uninstall 10, because obviously the location is shared between two versions.
I don't think so. I have them running side by side and all my preferences migrated over to 11.

WongoTheSane

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019

You don't have to uninstall 10 at all, in fact, it is advised to keep it because that's the last version to support Rewire, so if you have old projects using it, you need it for compatibility. Installing 11 (Suite , demo, Intro or normal) alongside will recognize your REs. The download includes the soundbanks. But it seems some users have trouble with favorites and VST thumbnails, so it's possible that you have to rebuild that by hand (or wait for someone to find a workaround).

Data_Shrine

25 Sep 2019

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm not updating. Very disappointed with the end of Rewire & all that we lose with it. I know I wasn't alone using it, even if most weren't.

samp

25 Sep 2019

Hello all. I usually am always down to upgrade but i gotta say i cant. A major issue i have with this is that they didnt make this vst rack vst2. Or at least they should have had the AU version up and ready.

miscend

25 Sep 2019

NVM
Last edited by miscend on 25 Sep 2019, edited 4 times in total.

miscend

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Sample loading was a requested feature, so Scenic was already finished and will be advanced in near future.

And what do you mean by "unfinished"? Thankfully most software get updates and I would not call them unfinished...
if they’re identifying features to add to a device and advertising them as coming soon on the day of launch, I would call that unfinished.

but to-may-to, to-mah-to, I guess.
Thats not how software works. The version they wanted to release is finished.

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
25 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019

if they’re identifying features to add to a device and advertising them as coming soon on the day of launch, I would call that unfinished.

but to-may-to, to-mah-to, I guess.
Thats not how software works. The version they wanted to release is finished.
nope, though.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EdGrip

25 Sep 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
(or wait for someone to find a workaround).
(Or wait for Reason Studios to make it work properly)

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019

You don't have to uninstall 10 at all, in fact, it is advised to keep it because that's the last version to support Rewire, so if you have old projects using it, you need it for compatibility. Installing 11 (Suite , demo, Intro or normal) alongside will recognize your REs. The download includes the soundbanks. But it seems some users have trouble with favorites and VST thumbnails, so it's possible that you have to rebuild that by hand (or wait for someone to find a workaround).
The favourites and thumbnails worked well for me on the beta, but not on the release... That's strange. Should i take the opportunity to start anew? 🤔 🤷‍♂️

friday

04 Oct 2019

Can confirm the "Preference, Favorites & VST Screenshot" problems, when you update to Reason Suite 11 on a windows 10 computer. Did the installation on a second computer and had the same issue. I really believe that it is because they changed the folder names in the following two locations. The workarround is to manually copy the files from the old to the new location (you also need to rename the preference file). Happy upgrading :roll:

Screenshots:
OLD: C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason
NEW: C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite

Preferences & Favorites:
OLD: C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software
NEW: C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite

New Preference File: Reason Suite 11 Preferences.prf

Creativemind

04 Oct 2019

For those on 11, have the thumbnails next to the project names changed in the browser? if so, can you screenshot it. Interested to see what they look like.

• Information