Reason 11 Available

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
friday

25 Sep 2019

friday wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Ok, wanted to open a ticket via the homepage (my account > my tickets) but it did not work, because of this annoyng bug, that the page can not remember my acount when switching between sub sites. shame.

This is the Bug... here on my Win10 PC:

Reason Suite 11 does not migrate the Favorites and Preference from Reason 10.4 !!! Maybe there is a manual way, but they should do their job... they get my money. I am not one of this haters here, but come on guys what the fuck...

I can see there is a new Folder in App Data....

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite

Edit1: could manage the preference problem, copy and rename ... Reason 10 Preferences.prf > Reason Suite 11 Preferences.prf
Lost also all VST Plugin Screenshots ;-(
And the trick with the renamed preferences File did not bring back the configured VST Plugin Folders Path.... added it manually and also added the favorites manually one by one...
Last edited by friday on 25 Sep 2019, edited 2 times in total.

friday

25 Sep 2019

Does someone here know where the screenshots are stored under windows? Maybe I can copy these also manually... frustrated but still looking forward to make music with reason 11 :-)
noscreenshotsreason11.png
noscreenshotsreason11.png (286.72 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
Last edited by friday on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

R1C0

25 Sep 2019

Looks like the screen shots are in 'Local': viewtopic.php?t=7501346
Maybe theres a 'Suite' folder in there now too?

KEVMOVE02

25 Sep 2019

What do virgins and early adopters have in common? They're both disappointed when the first time isn't exactly what they expected.

I mean, seriously, you complain about specs of dust in the Grand Canyon and are surprised by the lack of response (not unlike when an infant realizes its time to change tactics). The immensity of the task alone earns a bit of both tolerance and patience. Seriously, have you ever stood in line after midnight with 100 other blokes, then blamed them for forcing you to stand in line after midnight?

friday

25 Sep 2019

R1C0 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Looks like the screen shots are in 'Local': viewtopic.php?t=7501346
Maybe theres a 'Suite' folder in there now too?
Thank's will try.

miscend

25 Sep 2019

KEVMOVE02 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
What do virgins and early adopters have in common? They're both disappointed when the first time isn't exactly what they expected.
Well the marketing honestly is very persuasive. You just have to be there day one with your fellow peers. For many people DAW updates are like a new AAA video game release. People rush to be there on launch even with the bugs and network issues to be resolved.

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
gotta say, this release, and pretty much everything surrounding it feels rushed, and riddled with problems. not big problems, mind you, but Reason, the software is known for its stability. Propellerhead, the company had been known for smooth releases.

but we’ve had numerous problems plaguing the website, in the changeover to Reason Studios, and clearly they had lots of unfinished stuff with the software, even after they announced the new version: the SSL devices they showed were just mock-ups, and even today, on release, Scenic isn’t yet finished (they’re still working on sample loading).

it’s all minor stuff, but it’s not normal for a Propellerhead release—I hope it doesn’t become normal for a Reason Studios release.

it seems like they should have delayed the announcement and the release, until they had everything worked out.

the sky isn’t falling, like some seem to think, but it is concerning.
TL/DR

Are you guys saying that it would be best to just skip trying it until they polish some things?

boingy

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
it seems like they should have delayed the announcement and the release, until they had everything worked out.
They simply can't delay. From a sales and marketing viewpoint they need to launch now to harvest that initial rush of upgrade revenue before the inevitable sale in a couple of months. Everything is seasonal in the sales world. Let's face it, they have just launched a new version with a headline that reads "Now available as a plugin, oh, except AU which is not ready yet".

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

Can I run the 11 demo next to 10 or will it over-ride 10?

miscend

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
gotta say, this release, and pretty much everything surrounding it feels rushed, and riddled with problems. not big problems, mind you, but Reason, the software is known for its stability. Propellerhead, the company had been known for smooth releases.

but we’ve had numerous problems plaguing the website, in the changeover to Reason Studios, and clearly they had lots of unfinished stuff with the software, even after they announced the new version: the SSL devices they showed were just mock-ups, and even today, on release, Scenic isn’t yet finished (they’re still working on sample loading).

it’s all minor stuff, but it’s not normal for a Propellerhead release—I hope it doesn’t become normal for a Reason Studios release.

Was Scenic ever advertised to have sample loading? I believe sample loading is actually a new feature.

Also it's normal for new devices to be unfinished when they begin the beta test. When I beta tested before the Softube Amps weren't finished yet.

gdm41

25 Sep 2019

Does anybody how to buy reason intro for the 79€?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/buy goes to a 404 page.

when i go to through the shop its 99$, which is ~ 90€.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

zabukowski

25 Sep 2019

License server still down (more than 5 hours passed) ... just saying :(

Loque

25 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
25 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Was Scenic ever advertised to have sample loading? I believe sample loading is actually a new feature.

Also it's normal for new devices to be unfinished when they begin the beta test. When I beta tested before the Softube Amps weren't finished yet.
Sample loading was a requested feature, so Scenic was already finished and will be advanced in near future.

And what do you mean by "unfinished"? Thankfully most software get updates and I would not call them unfinished...
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
25 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
They simply can't delay. From a sales and marketing viewpoint they need to launch now to harvest that initial rush of upgrade revenue before the inevitable sale in a couple of months. Everything is seasonal in the sales world. Let's face it, they have just launched a new version with a headline that reads "Now available as a plugin, oh, except AU which is not ready yet".
yep, I understand the cynical corporate sales perspective. it’s a bit of an idiotic system though—you’d think companies would learn/understand that the quality of a product is more important to sales in the long term, than hitting arbitrary date targets for what amounts to nothing more than accounting purposes.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
miscend wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Sample loading was a requested feature, so Scenic was already finished and will be advanced in near future.

And what do you mean by "unfinished"? Thankfully most software get updates and I would not call them unfinished...
if they’re identifying features to add to a device and advertising them as coming soon on the day of launch, I would call that unfinished.

but to-may-to, to-mah-to, I guess.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

craste

25 Sep 2019

Reason 10 and 11 Beta uninstalled.
Reboot PC
Install Reason 11 Suite - All completed OK
Just downloading my Rack Extensions via the Authoriser program.

Can wait to try out all the new stuff!

I was going to wait and buy the boxed retail version - as I like to have the boxes on the shelf but couldn't wait!

I would happily buy an empty Reason Suite box - Reason Studios should offer this in the shop if you actally own a copy - I'd pay five or 6 quid for a box to cover postage etc!

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Just call me Forum Dad. Now everyone go to their rooms.
"Dad....can I have the Reason 11 upgrade as an early Christmas present, I'll wash up tonight?". :lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Can I run the 11 demo next to 10 or will it over-ride 10?
Sorry, I'm impatient :lol:

BartBackowitz

25 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
friday wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Ok, wanted to open a ticket via the homepage (my account > my tickets) but it did not work, because of this annoyng bug, that the page can not remember my acount when switching between sub sites. shame.

This is the Bug... here on my Win10 PC:

Reason Suite 11 does not migrate the Favorites and Preference from Reason 10.4 !!! Maybe there is a manual way, but they should do their job... they get my money. I am not one of this haters here, but come on guys what the fuck...

I can see ther is a new Folder in App Data....

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite
Doh! Good catch. This is already the workaround.
Doesnt seem to work. I copied them over to the Reason Suite 11 folder and they show up, but the folders are empty.

BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

craste wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Reason 10 and 11 Beta uninstalled.
Reboot PC
Install Reason 11 Suite - All completed OK
Just downloading my Rack Extensions via the Authoriser program.

Can wait to try out all the new stuff!

I was going to wait and buy the boxed retail version - as I like to have the boxes on the shelf but couldn't wait!

I would happily buy an empty Reason Suite box - Reason Studios should offer this in the shop if you actally own a copy - I'd pay five or 6 quid for a box to cover postage etc!
Thought boxed versions were a thing of the past?

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Just call me Forum Dad. Now everyone go to their rooms.
"Dad....can I have the Reason 11 upgrade as an early Christmas present, I'll wash up tonight?". :lol:
*peers over top of glasses* Go talk to your mother.

I feel like we’ve entered some strange role playing territory. Now I’m the forum DADDY.

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Lempface wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Sounds like you should move on then, cut your loses, seething hate over a DAW is probably not good for your health. Don't let the door hit ya!
LOL k who tf are you? If I want your opinion I’ll give it to ya 🖕
That didn't make sense. Think you meant "if I want your opinion I'll ask for it" lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Reminiscence

25 Sep 2019

zabukowski wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I thought I was the only one. :roll:

zabukowski

25 Sep 2019

Reminiscence wrote:
25 Sep 2019
zabukowski wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I thought I was the only one. :roll:
Haha, me too :)

AHmedia

25 Sep 2019

Also noticed that the VST Rack is crashing on my offline (and Codemeter Authorized) PC. As soon as I go online, the VST Rack loads fine (Studio One 4 btw). Yes, Reason 11 works fine in standalone mode and offline.

This is a clean and fresh install on my offline Computer, no previous Reason installation present. Since the Licensing server is still down, I can't try to Authorize this PC to see if this one crashes the VST Rack too.

Maybe someone can confirm.

Edit: The licensing Server was online and working this morning when I authorized my Offline PC.

• Information