Reason 11 Available

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JdA57

25 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Sep 2019
We're still working hard on ironing out the kinks on the website so please be patient with us for the next few hours. Hope you'll enjoy Reason 11 :)
Read this statement now since days :(

same was: Before some day's I got the mail, that I'm in - BETA-test (for nearly 6 day's), but you (Reason St.) sent me a wrong link to the beta :D :D :D

sorry, but this is really, really funny up to bad.

ok, because I got no answere, whrer I can find the betaI found myselve what happens (you sent wrong domainname), so I could look into beta

found some bugs like:
Reason VST is'nt working in 'Tracktion' (fatal sync-problems with players and Reason default-instruments / devices etc) , VST doing some trouble in FL-Studio MAC, wrong spelling, crashes, Reason VST using to much CPU, and Reason 11 DAW on MAC (OSX 10.12.6) is really slower then Version 10.4

:D got only response about the spelling-problem and don't know now, if we can test next day's too. Never got a response about the really big problems with Reason VST -> Tracktion.

So no, Can't buy now and cannot use the Reason 11 Testversion, because if I do, I cannot test it later again (because we can use the Demo-Version only ones and only for 30 days. So if really important changes are going to V 11, I cannot test again)

Using Reason since Version 1, but what happens this last times and while betatest-phase was / is crappy :(

rudiarii

25 Sep 2019

:reason: :reason: :reason: :reason:
Last edited by rudiarii on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

BartBackowitz

25 Sep 2019

I just got R11. I have the demo ver 10. Is there way to import my settings, like my favorites folders in to R11? So far R11 looks like it is brand new and Ill need to reconfigure it all.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Sep 2019

supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Jagwah wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Get in touch with our support team, we'll issue REB to the ones affected by this. Thanks!
No, that's just not good enough.

You're now wilfully putting the onus on users who are aware enough ("let's just hope this is limited to readers of this one thread!") to get what they are owed while still trying to wheedle out of honouring the deal you clearly offered to everyone regardless of whether they were aware of it or not.

You grant licenses, automatically, for REB RE for every user who bought Reason 11 Standard until 1300 BST who does not otherwise own a license to it. It's really very simple.

I'm not sorry I'm being harsh, here: do the right damn thing.

supersplaron

25 Sep 2019

fotizimo wrote:
25 Sep 2019
supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Get in touch with our support team, we'll issue REB to the ones affected by this. Thanks!
How about for the v11 Suite upgrade showing as $169CDN on the website up until today?
Where did you see that? As far as we can tell (checking archive.org among other things), no CAD price was written out for the Suite Upgrade. Only USD and EUR.

fotizimo

25 Sep 2019

supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019
fotizimo wrote:
25 Sep 2019

How about for the v11 Suite upgrade showing as $169CDN on the website up until today?
Where did you see that? As far as we can tell (checking archive.org among other things), no CAD price was written out for the Suite Upgrade. Only USD and EUR.
Well I am in Canada, so the website automatically changes for the local exchange. And I didn't think to screenshot this as I thought it was a normal price. I am not sure how I can go back in time on your web site and show the Canadian output of the site.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

fotizimo wrote:
25 Sep 2019
supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Well I am in Canada, so the website automatically changes for the local exchange. And I didn't think to screenshot this as I thought it was a normal price. I am not sure how I can go back in time on your web site and show the Canadian output of the site.
Sounds like you have an extension that is trying to convert to your local currency, this is not a feature of 'the internet.'
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

supersplaron

25 Sep 2019

fotizimo wrote:
25 Sep 2019
supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019

As far as I know, we only use localized pricing in the shop, or for CTA buttons for products that are available for purchase, which Reason 11 Suite Upgrade not has been, up until today.

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

The good old Canada bug that brought you Noise Engineering Synth Bundle 2 for a negative price..?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

antic604

25 Sep 2019

So, what's up with this?

Why are new Reason 11 native devices listed - implied? - as things available via rent-to-own? Why are Sweeper and Quartet called something else? It seems - again - like 11 wasn't meant to be released just yet and those devices were supposed to be available in the store as REs, but they've changed their plans recently...

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
So, what's up with this?

Why are new Reason 11 native devices listed - implied? - as things available via rent-to-own? Why are Sweeper and Quartet called something else? It seems - again - like 11 wasn't meant to be released just yet and those devices were supposed to be available in the store as REs, but they've changed their plans recently...

It's a graphical mockup for the website design with device graphics our designer had close by to show the concept. It was accidentally left in the deploy, that image is being switched out. The names of Sweeper and Quartet in the image are just internal names we used before we named them. They've always been planned to be included in Reason 11—just like in the announcement.

illone

25 Sep 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
25 Sep 2019
supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019

No, that's just not good enough.

You're now wilfully putting the onus on users who are aware enough ("let's just hope this is limited to readers of this one thread!") to get what they are owed while still trying to wheedle out of honouring the deal you clearly offered to everyone regardless of whether they were aware of it or not.

You grant licenses, automatically, for REB RE for every user who bought Reason 11 Standard until 1300 BST who does not otherwise own a license to it. It's really very simple.

I'm not sorry I'm being harsh, here: do the right damn thing.
JP, why do you always seem so hostile to the Props ReasonStudio folk? Some bad dealings on the RackExtension side? It's been kinda brutal to watch.

--illone

fotizimo

25 Sep 2019

supersplaron wrote:
25 Sep 2019
fotizimo wrote:
25 Sep 2019

As far as I know, we only use localized pricing in the shop, or for CTA buttons for products that are available for purchase, which Reason 11 Suite Upgrade not has been, up until today.
I have no explanation for this, nor do I use any particular extension on my browser for converting USD prices (if I did, then it would not have come to $169CDN). I can only tell you that I was prepared to put out $169 this morning for the v11 Suite upgrade, and now I am not as the price increased by 100%.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

gdm41

25 Sep 2019

Is reason 11 Intro capable of rack extensions?
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Sep 2019

gdm41 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Is reason 11 Intro capable of rack extensions?
Yes, Reason 11 Intro is fully compatible with Rack Extensions—no difference from Reason 11 or Reason 11 Suite.

Zac

25 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
So, what's up with this?

It's a graphical mockup for the website design with device graphics our designer had close by to show the concept. It was accidentally left in the deploy, that image is being switched out. The names of Sweeper and Quartet in the image are just internal names we used before we named them. They've always been planned to be included in Reason 11—just like in the announcement.
I'm embarrassed for you. Some of the incompetence shown recently is shocking.

Last Alternative

25 Sep 2019

Wow OMG I have completely lost faith in this company. It’s R11 release day... you got false advertisement, a website not ready and working properly... after all these years of server issues on release day you STILL have this issue... new CEO STILL hasn’t said a word to us... zero PR to make long time (and upset/confused) customers feel better... actually have the nerve to release an “upgrade” with the same old bugs.... support has the nerve to tell me to dumb down my computer’s video settings to run their software, gave me NO explanation as to when the bugs will be fixed..... I simply have no words anymore.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

How do we get to upgrade Reason10 Lite to Reason11 Lite?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

And I feel sorry for Mattias and Stefan, but this release is a trainwreck :( Hard to watch, really. Sorry guys, probably not your fault.
And I'm with JP on this one, that all the early adopters should get their REB copy automatically no questions asked.

ravasb

25 Sep 2019

JP is one of the best RE developers ever and if he is this frustrated with the significant decline in professionalism of this company, then that really tells me something about their future.

antic604

25 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Ok.

On a (un)related note - "Product website" link at the bottom of Scenic's shop page leads nowhere and there's no link to User Manual. Can we expect both later today?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

Pitchforks everyone! Let's get em! :?
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Last Alternative

25 Sep 2019

ravasb wrote:
25 Sep 2019
JP is one of the best RE developers ever and if he is this frustrated with the significant decline in professionalism of this company, then that really tells me something about their future.
No kidding! I have immense respect for JP and Selig for their years and years (at least a decade since I came around) of dedication and support to this community, as well as their absolutely incredible RE’s and I’ve seen them both become upset or irritated recently, whereas before, when PH was good to us, there were never any complaints from them. I always batch a little but also gave high praise where it’s due but now I’m over it. I’m talking seething with hate almost at this company which I feel has been building at the same rate as everyone else who feels more and more wronged over time. And for good reason.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

joeyluck

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
all the early adopters should get their REB copy automatically no questions asked.
But does it work like that anywhere else?

As with any misprinted advertisement or sticker price, those who benefit are the ones who see it and report it. Those customers bring attention to the fact that they purchased it because of this price or that feature. Not sure how many people were looking at the Reason Electric Bass page this morning when buying Reason 11... But I'm sure anybody who thought they were owed something, will be vocal about it. And it sounds like they will be taken care of.

One issue of granting licenses to anyone who purchased before the typo was fixed, is then you have a large amount of people reporting that, "Wow, I got Reason Electric Bass. Didn't know that was included!" And then you've potentially got a bigger mess on your hands explaining to everyone else why they don't get it as well...and what happened...when it's more or less a small thing.

The right thing is when people are given the things that they feel they purchased and are owed. If someone had no knowledge of the typo when buying Reason 11, and it wasn't a factor in making the purchase, I don't think it's wrong if they aren't automatically granted a license. Would be cool for them for sure.

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
25 Sep 2019
ravasb wrote:
25 Sep 2019
No kidding! I have immense respect for JP and Selig for their years and years (at least a decade since I came around) of dedication and support to this community, as well as their absolutely incredible RE’s and I’ve seen them both become upset or irritated recently, whereas before, when PH was good to us, there were never any complaints from them. I always batch a little but also gave high praise where it’s due but now I’m over it. I’m talking seething with hate almost at this company which I feel has been building at the same rate as everyone else who feels more and more wronged over time. And for good reason.
Sounds like you should move on then, cut your loses, seething hate over a DAW is probably not good for your health. Don't let the door hit ya!

• Information