Who is buying reason 11 tomorrow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
That is illegal.
Wrong.
How Does the License Number Transfer Process Work
You wrote, you want to sell your credentials. This IS illegal! And here you never could buy or sell RE.

So, what i wrote was RIGHT.
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Looks like it's live .. Can't see any mention of the Suite version. Just the standard $399 version and the standard $129 upgrade...

EDIT: got confused - it's still v10 :oops:
Last edited by Steedus on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2019
You wrote, you want to sell your credentials. This IS illegal! And here you never could buy or sell RE.

So, what i wrote was RIGHT.
S'what I told him too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

botnotbot

25 Sep 2019

I'll be picking up the suite version today because I'm a maximalist and the last few REs I don't have are ones I've had my eyes on.

Regarding all the gloom, let me just say: Propellerhead Software was always a very conservative company in terms of how it approached competition. Therefore I don't think they would be putting out an upgrade that puts their main product (Reason standalone) in direct competition with the entire world of VST3 supporting DAWs without having some sort of plan to bring their main product into better competitive shape against this brave new reality.

However, I get it. For people who have been supporting Reason as their only DAW since forever, this has got to feel like a crap sandwich. Especially considering the pace of new workflow features over the years. But, coming from elsewhere, curved automation is worth 129 alone to me as I've miss that feature more than anything else in Reason.

Happy release day, everyone!

dezma

25 Sep 2019

botnotbot wrote:
25 Sep 2019
But, coming from elsewhere, curved automation is worth 129 alone to me as I've miss that feature more than anything else in Reason.
They probably need more customers like you.

From my point of view: my first DAW on pc, emagic logic platinum 5.5 in 2002 had curved automation. It's a scary thought it took them so long to implement something so basic. I wished they spent more than 10 minutes of development on the sequencer part for a major overhaul and then did a 11.X update with a FINISHED (means midi out) rack VST in a next phase.

botnotbot

25 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
25 Sep 2019
botnotbot wrote:
25 Sep 2019
But, coming from elsewhere, curved automation is worth 129 alone to me as I've miss that feature more than anything else in Reason.
They probably need more customers like you.
I know for a fact that I wasn't the only one who joined during the perestroika moment of 9.5 having VST. Reason DAW is the best experience of music creation for me, after DAW hopping for years, despite all the missing bits. Many of those missing bits have already been patched in during the 10.x cycle, and I expect 11.x will be no different.

BTW, there was no MIDI out on the AU format until AUv3 and I don't think I've ever seen a VST3 version of Cthulhu or Thesys or any of the other major arps. I looked into making a VST3 MIDI routing utility plugin at one point only to find out that the standard doesn't natively support MIDI channels (as one example). That doesn't make it impossible to generate note events that are registered in the host, only to say that things are not so simplistic.

Before we see live output I expect to see a 'print to MIDI' that creates a drag and drop version of the MIDI, similar to how it works in Addictive Drummer 2 but tied to the player and/or VST shell interface.

dmcghee

25 Sep 2019

I getting Reason Suite as soon as it is available and looking forward to those point updates.

eiresurfer

25 Sep 2019

Never mind, it's there now, but it's trying to charge me full price for an upgrade...!

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

supersplaron wrote:
24 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Suite. If I upgraded from 9 to 10 within the grace period, how much will suite be? Since there was no option to get suite when I bought it
If you bought the Reason 10 upgrade from our shop, we offer a 30 day return policy so I'd suggest you reach out to support for a refund.
I made a request yesterday.

Not sure if they'll get to it in time before my 30 days is up. Does it go by when the request was made or when you guys get to it?

botnotbot

25 Sep 2019

Just bought suite. Downloading it now :D

tt_lab

25 Sep 2019

Does anyone know if the Suite offer will be there later? I mean, if I pass from updating know, will I be able to buy suite later this year or even next year?
And Is there a boxed version of Suite? I always buy boxed updates
Think I'm gonna buy a phone now and wait for AU (as stated before) to be there in a point update

Kilsane

25 Sep 2019

Reason electric bass is included in the standard version

Soft Enerji

25 Sep 2019

I've upgraded faithfully since V4. Not this time. Completely underwhelmed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Kilsane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
As I wrote in another thread...fucked by Propellerheads once again. Not good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Soft Enerji

25 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Kilsane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I have the refill...Bought it when it first came out...It was ok but I didn't use it much...I am a bass player....cant see I'd use the RE any more that the refill...Same goes with Reason Drum Kits, I have that refill too...and Reason Pianos....Like I said before...completely underwhelmed...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Soft Enerji wrote:
25 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Sep 2019

I have the refill...Bought it when it first came out...It was ok but I didn't use it much...I am a bass player....cant see I'd use the RE any more that the refill...Same goes with Reason Drum Kits, I have that refill too...and Reason Pianos....Like I said before...completely underwhelmed...
Yeah man. I play the bass too. Nice through the Kuassa amp. Sometimes REB is handy for just getting something down quick though. I’ve got the drums, piano and bass refills. I bought the bass and Drum kit REs too. So now “Reason Studios” is just throwing in stuff for free shortly after taking everybody’s money already. The Suite is a prime example and they’re still selling nearly all the stuff in it for €99 each or whatever. Nah!!! Not on.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Mattias said it's a mistake. A "typo" that seems to have appeared in both the product description and feature overview. Ahem. viewtopic.php?p=467143#p467143

Sorry but if I didn't have REB and wanted to buy R11 anyways, I'd just screenshot those pages and insist on delivery of the features promised....

I know things are messy pre- and post-release but what the hell is going on with that web team.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Soft Enerji

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Mattias said it's a mistake. A "typo" that seems to have appeared in both the product description and feature overview. Ahem. viewtopic.php?p=467143#p467143

Sorry but if I didn't have REB and wanted to buy R11 anyways, I'd just screenshot those pages and insist on delivery of the features promised....

I know things are messy pre- and post-release but what the hell is going on with that web team.
Someones ass should get a kicking for that fuck up :-)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Yeah...I figured it was a mistake as well. I'd guess though that if anyone wrote and said that they bought Reason 11 based on getting REB included they'd be told just to use their 30 day money back guarantee.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Kilsane

25 Sep 2019

I owned half of RE Suite Version and I do not feel offended by this offrecar RE that I already owned I've used it very often and I have had plenty of time to "make them profitable" .
According to me from my personal point of view (your opignon may be diferente I consoie) is offended that his RE is included at preferential rate in the suite and standard version for the case of the Reason Blectric Bass, would refer to offend product on sale in a store on the pretext that I had paid full price
good day all

Edit: Sorry for spelling I translate from french to english thanks to google translate

Soft Enerji

25 Sep 2019

The most annoying thing about this upgrade is that I'll probably end up doing it anyway. Its not about money...Its about content, and while the content doesn't inspire me, my MHTLV syndrome will kick in and I'll end up pressing the buy button

Kilsane

25 Sep 2019

Since this is an error, it would be honest who maintain it for those who ordered the standard version before correcting the error

Raveshaper

25 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Maybe you can help me understand this @MrFigg.

People are putting their payment information into a website that isn't operational, on launch day, for a disappointing product that encourages its users to switch brands, and the server used to sync the features that they purchased isn't even in working order so they can't access the things they bought, while some of the listed items are falsely advertised "typos" that will not be included? Did I get all that right?

Does any of that, at all, seem a little "off" to you, @MrFigg? No? Just me?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Raveshaper wrote:
25 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Maybe you can help me understand this @MrFigg.

People are putting their payment information into a website that isn't operational, on launch day, for a disappointing product that encourages its users to switch brands, and the server used to sync the features that they purchased isn't even in working order so they can't access the things they bought, while some of the listed items are falsely advertised "typos" that will not be included? Did I get all that right?

Does any of that, at all, seem a little "off" to you, @MrFigg? No? Just me?
I think you'll get your answer just by reading how people on this forum feel about things.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information