How new are these terms ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

22 Sep 2019

reading terms saw this and :exclamation: :question: :roll:
um... how new are these terms? Anyone know?
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 10.36.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 10.36.45 PM.png (220.16 KiB) Viewed 878 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Bjørn Felle

22 Sep 2019

It sounds like standard terms and conditions stuff to me. “If your shit breaks while you’re using our shit, don’t blame us.” Doesn’t seem like a concern, most software has a disclaimer like this now. They probably had some lawyers involved in their rebranding so updated all their T&Cs. Your experience may vary. Always read the label. Discontinue use immediately and seek medical attention if you experience any side effects. May cause drowsiness. For external use only.

diminished
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2019

Standard disclaimer and probably in there since day 1.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EnochLight

22 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 10.36.45 PM.png
These are similar terms that most software companies have been using for decades. Nothing new here.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

boingy

22 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Blimey. How bored were you to be reading that stuff? :puf_smile:

We sell our souls every time we use any software. My favourite is the old school boxed software stuff that used to have a sticker on the box that said "by opening this package you agree to the terms and conditions". The ones you had no opportunity to read before opening the package.

moneykube

22 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
22 Sep 2019
moneykube wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Blimey. How bored were you to be reading that stuff? :puf_smile:

We sell our souls every time we use any software. My favourite is the old school boxed software stuff that used to have a sticker on the box that said "by opening this package you agree to the terms and conditions". The ones you had no opportunity to read before opening the package.
:lol: logging in.. forgot password and saw terms while looking up password... late and tired... so read some of it lol

moneykube

22 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Standard disclaimer and probably in there since day 1.
maybe yes...maybe no...since very few read terms (if they do , it's likely only when they buy the software) ...and since in the terms they state that they can change the terms without notice at anytime... who really knows? To me this states the can promise x y or z to entice you buy any product .. but if that promise is not kept that is ok and legal to do... I am no law expert :puf_wink: I am curious how many times the terms have changed since reason 2.5 when I started using reason. I doubt I will ever really know :cool: As some state, these may indeed be common terms for many software companies.Lol... been awhile since I tried reading legaleze :lol:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2019

If you really want to know you can go to Wayback machine and look at the old T&C. They obviously had to update it with the name change.

The key sentence is: YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CANNOT CHANGE.

NOBODY can change consumer laws that governments has decided will rule over any contract. This is key, and any such T&C will NEVER be valid. Though parties have a very high level of freedom to enter into most any form of contract in most countries.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

moneykube

22 Sep 2019

Boombastix wrote:
22 Sep 2019
If you really want to know you can go to Wayback machine and look at the old T&C. They obviously had to update it with the name change.

The key sentence is: YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CANNOT CHANGE.

NOBODY can change consumer laws that governments has decided will rule over any contract. This is key, and any such T&C will NEVER be valid. Though parties have a very high level of freedom to enter into most any form of contract in most countries.
awesome... never heard of wayback machine until today :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
thanx... love the key sentence you pointed out :puf_smile: legaleze confuses me :puf_wink:
http://web.archive.org/

ShelLuser

23 Sep 2019

I think it's a good idea to go over the terms and regulations every once in a while because it helps you to stay up to date regarding the things that are expected and required of you. Well, I agree with the above that these kinds of terms are pretty common. So I figured I'd check the license for my other DAW: Ableton Live.

Well, I think this could be interesting, I think you'll recognize the setup of the second section:
live_license.jpg
live_license.jpg (211.05 KiB) Viewed 469 times
--- :reason:

• Information