Reason has the worst customer support of any product I use

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRIFTY

20 Sep 2019

At what point is this going to become common knowledge? Every customer help link I click seems to lead to a zendesk "this page doesn't exist!" error. They have no official forums anymore. Sweden apparently takes random month-long holidays six times a year, leaving my help tickets hopelessly ignored for weeks at a time. Searching for "Reason ~${issue description}" leads to thousands of nonsense click-bait articles like "Here's the reason you're having trouble getting laid." and nothing about your actual software issue. I've had a problem with Reason not authorizing for years that they literally don't know how to fix. They just sent me along to codemeter, who promptly gave me the runaround. This has got to be the most expensive piece of software headache I have ever willfully participated in. Looking for help feels like shouting into a cave.

boingy

20 Sep 2019

It's a good rant and you're entitled to it.

Go to the Reason home page, login to your account and find the support tickets page by clicking on "Account" at the top right of the page. I assume they will be fixing the broken links sooner rather than later.

Oh, and include "Propellerhead" in your Reason googling. It usually hits sensible stuff (although not so much in future now that they have changed the company name). If you think Reason has bad customer support you obviously have not tried seeking help from Steinberg.

Jed

20 Sep 2019

To add balance to this I also had the zen desk issue, so I logged a ticket via their support page. Within an hour I had a reply apologising as they were changing domains, and a fix

So I'm impressed, and the reason rack inside Ableton is killer
Last edited by Jed on 20 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Resonator

20 Sep 2019

GRIFTY wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Sweden apparently takes random month-long holidays six times a year
Where can I send them my resume?

electrofux

20 Sep 2019

I had some zendesk stuff happening yesterday. Filed a ticket in the night, got a solution in the morning (Forum was quicker though).
They said they are in the middle of migrating and it seems changing the url from propellerheads causes all kinds of dead ends.
I think the guys that are there are working hard atm.

GRIFTY

20 Sep 2019

Resonator wrote:
20 Sep 2019
GRIFTY wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Sweden apparently takes random month-long holidays six times a year
unfortunately the guy who takes submissions is on vacation

Resonator

20 Sep 2019

GRIFTY wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Resonator wrote:
20 Sep 2019

:lol:

reggie1979

20 Sep 2019

Resonator wrote:
20 Sep 2019
GRIFTY wrote:
20 Sep 2019

:lol:
haha!

Jed

20 Sep 2019

Lol!

KarmaFunkarma

20 Sep 2019

Same kind of problem here. Trying to remove the license(s) from my old Mac to install on my new Mac. Error code says to "Contact Support". Help ticket is sitting there since Monday morning (on ReasonStudios.com) under my account with zero action taken. Too many hassles like this and too many performance surprises over the last few years to actually use Reason as a DAW any longer. The VST rack is their saving grace with me otherwise I'd probably just shut it down and walk away for good. Hope they have their support ramped up for the release of 11. I suspect new users may be less patient than long-time customers who watched PH evolve over the years and tend to give them grace.

Loque

21 Sep 2019

Support is very expensive for companys. In most cases you don't earn a buck and just need to pay extra. Every hour of a support man cost easily a upgrade license.

If you call the support in the company i work in and you don't have a support service agreement, you easily need to pay 1500-3000 bucks right away.
Reason12, Win10

ShelLuser

21 Sep 2019

I personally don't recognize myself in the description of support. Ever since I upgraded to Reason 10 I needed help one or three times (don't recall from mind) and every time I got a decently quick response and my issue got resolved in a good way. At one time they were even willing to provide help (and create a little administrative mess) because of something silly which I did myself. I didn't follow up, but I really appreciated the gesture and the knowledge that they'll really try to fix your issues.

As for the wiki... nobody is perfect. IMO it's understandable considering the changes they're implementing right now.

btw Grifty, what was the issue you tried to get help with anyway?
--- :reason:

way2cool

21 Sep 2019

its now over two weeks when I message reason team and still not respond to me so as a new customer I am not impress

KEVMOVE02

21 Sep 2019

A modern interpretation of circumstances is defined in the colloquial usage of the term “ghosted”.

reggie1979

21 Sep 2019

My support has always been.......wait for it........reasonable :lol:

Nothing spectacular but not really rubbed the wrong way or put off.

GRIFTY

23 Sep 2019

my issue is that Windows stopped detecting my ignition key on startup. I have to remove and replug the key to get codemeter or reason to recognize it. Which means I just end up using the slow ass online log-in every time.

dezma

24 Sep 2019

I have bad experiences too. It takes way too long to get feedback.

Recently had to deal with Rob papen support they got back to me within the hour and solution same day. That's a good example of excellent customer care

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Recently had to deal with Rob papen support they got back to me within the hour and solution same day. That's a good example of excellent customer care
RP support are awesome. More often than not it’s Rob himself who replies (or his brother?!). Extremely efficient.
That said, for the most part I’ve found Propellerheads to be great too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Last Alternative

24 Sep 2019

There’s been times they respond right away, other times it takes weeks. I emailed them earlier and noticed it’s like a chat setup with the new website so hopefully they’re on the ball from now on 🤞
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

reggie1979

24 Sep 2019

dezma wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Recently had to deal with Rob papen support they got back to me within the hour and solution same day. That's a RARE example of excellent customer care
I fixed that for you.

reggie1979

24 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
24 Sep 2019
There’s been times they respond right away, other times it takes weeks. I emailed them earlier and noticed it’s like a chat setup with the new website so hopefully they’re on the ball from now on 🤞
Speaking of that, I wish they had a chat option.

Molotovbeatz

27 Sep 2019

I never had any problem with Reason Customer Support so far. I have created 3 tickets and all of them was answered promptly without them being ingored.

KarmaFunkarma

27 Sep 2019

Molotovbeatz wrote:
27 Sep 2019
I never had any problem with Reason Customer Support so far. I have created 3 tickets and all of them was answered promptly without them being ingored.
I should ask you to submit my current ticket for me. I'm sitting at nearly two weeks of radio silence on a licensing error that's keeping me from using a new Mac offline. Ignition Key is suddenly unrecognized, Authorizer won't allow me to manage my licenses, error codes say to "contact support", and I can't get so much as a "hello"... :thumbs_down:

chimp_spanner

27 Sep 2019

I don't know how many people they have on support - typically I get a response in a couple of days, although I know that's not much use to you right now! They have been in the process of changing domains and all that "fun" stuff so that might have something to do with it. They're typically quite responsive on Twitter if you reach out and just let them know you've got an open ticket? Is it the case that offline auth *was* working and now isn't? And can you trace the date it stopped working to any change that may have occurred on your system (OS update, new applications, etc.)? Really hope you get it sorted soon!

• Information