Video lag

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Last Alternative

20 Sep 2019

There is no problem with audio. I’m writing a new song with maybe 10 tracks so far. DSP is fine. CPU is fine. No clipping going on. Nothing else running besides a few internet windows open. No issues with my computer on any other program. Authorizer is updated. I have the latest MacOS. This has been going on for at least 2 years, no matter what song I’m working on — ranging from 10 - 20 tracks. Oh and I don’t really use VSTs or many REs. Mostly stock devices.

Doesn’t matter if the song is playing or I’m zoomed in on the sequencer or scrolling around in the rack. Even when I’m turning a knob that pops up parameters like on the Mclass EQ and the number box appears and disappears while I’m turning the knob, for one example.

The video is always lagging to catch up with my movements or navigation thru Reason and I have to stop and give it a second to do what I commanded. PH acted like it was a mystery in the past when I contacted them, even tho there were known issues with High Sierra and I know others have had, and maybe still have this issue. I thought it was resolved with the bug fixes a while ago. I am going to email PH again but is anyone else having this problem?

Reason pisses me off because of this and has killed my workflow and ambition every time I get fed up with it, which I am again after not doing much music for a while.
Is it because of the wireless Apple iMouse or Magic Mouse or whatever it’s called? Somebody please help me out here.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

antic604

20 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
20 Sep 2019
The video is always lagging to catch up with my movements or navigation thru Reason...
Tried the usual OSX "tricks" with low-res and RGB profile?

Last Alternative

20 Sep 2019

Yes, in the past but just to be sure, is there a link for that so I can see what to check again? Been a while. And we really shouldn’t have to do that my God...
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

Check to see if you have any big latency plugin on. The UI does not compensate for latency.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Raveshaper

20 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Yes, in the past but just to be sure, is there a link for that so I can see what to check again? Been a while. And we really shouldn’t have to do that my God...
Locate the application itself and right-click (two-press) on the icon.

It's under Get Info > Open in Low Resolution.
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 6.48.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 6.48.27 PM.png (80.57 KiB) Viewed 818 times
It's not a very deep mystery. But I still can't talk about it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Last Alternative

23 Sep 2019

K thanx I checked
Last edited by Last Alternative on 23 Sep 2019, edited 3 times in total.

Last Alternative

23 Sep 2019

HERE'S WHAT I JUST EMAILED TO PH:

For 2+ YEARS NOW, I am experiencing serious video lag in Reason, regardless of how many tracks (usually 1~20). There is NO problem with audio. I have emailed support in the past. I am not the only one with this issue. It was a known issue Propellerhead claimed to have fixed after a very long time and you guys told us to use low resolution mode in the meantime.

Facts:
- DSP & CPU are low
- No clipping at all
- Nothing else running besides a few internet windows open
- No issues with my computer on any other program
- Authorizer is updated/synced up in my account
- I have the latest MacOS & R10.4
- I don’t really use VSTs or many REs: mostly stock devices
- Happens even with only using stock devices
- Happens with low resolution mode on or off

Examples:
1) Drawing or moving midi notes, the note jumps all around within the surrounding notes and takes effort to put it where I want it.
2) Scrolling around any direction in any window, my scrolling actions are severely delayed; the only time it does not act up is if I click on the bottom slider in the sequencer to move left/right.
3) Changing parameters, such as Mclass EQ, the number box glitches - appears/disappears while turning the knob.
4) All meters lag behind audio by about half a second.

The video is always lagging to catch up with my movements or navigation thru Reason and I have to stop and give it a second to do what I commanded. This kills my workflow and ambition every time.

Is it because of the wireless Apple iMouse or Magic Mouse or whatever it’s called? Somebody please help me out here.

Again, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH AUDIO!
___

Another thing:
Coloring tracks is still an issue. Why doesn't Reason automatically color a track in every window?!?! For example, I'm in the rack: I color my Kick track grey. Then I have to color that Kick track grey in the other windows too. WTF. You guys act like you care about workflow and you let simple shit like this remain a problem thru the years, which I have written about plenty of times. These are bugs you people never fix and then you want us to keep paying you?

*No offense to you personally. These things are VERY frustrating and make me not want to use Reason anymore. So please help.

hurricane
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
20 Sep 2019

The video is always lagging to catch up with my movements or navigation thru Reason and I have to stop and give it a second to do what I commanded. PH acted like it was a mystery in the past when I contacted them, even tho there were known issues with High Sierra and I know others have had, and maybe still have this issue. I thought it was resolved with the bug fixes a while ago. I am going to email PH again but is anyone else having this problem?
I have this problem too and I can't figure it out. I don't have the "low resolution" option, and my color is set to SRGB. I have to completely stop the track for my movements to register on plugins. It's been a problem for a while, but I just deal with it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information