Disk Overload

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

Post 11 Sep 2019

Few of my songs that use around 15 stems suffer from the Disk Overload problem. Any ideas why?
One of the songs was from of the R & R era and didn't do so back then.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 11 Sep 2019

Anti-Virus or something program in the background using the disk at the same time ?

Heigen5

Post 12 Sep 2019

Well I contacted the Props and provided one of my songs that has that issue.
I'll let you know if there's a solution for this and if they'll tell that what is causing it.

:cool:

selig

Post 12 Sep 2019

Is your hard drive getting full? Best to keep it at least 10% free from all I've read - things can get funky (not in the good way) around that area in my experience.
Selig Audio, LLC

Heigen5

Post 12 Sep 2019

selig wrote:
12 Sep 2019
Is your hard drive getting full? Best to keep it at least 10% free from all I've read - things can get funky (not in the good way) around that area in my experience.
The C: drive has still 812Gb free and the D: drive 595 Gb free as well. And my whole system is really carefully used/optimized as well. This seems more like a Reason-related problem to me. Some .reason projects use a lot more stems and are timestretched + tempo automated but play just fine.

fullforce

Post 12 Sep 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
12 Sep 2019
selig wrote:
12 Sep 2019
The C: drive has still 812Gb free and the D: drive 595 Gb free as well. And my whole system is really carefully used/optimized as well. This seems more like a Reason-related problem to me. Some .reason projects use a lot more stems and are timestretched + tempo automated but play just fine.
Are you running Windows? If yes, did you take a look at the performance monitor?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information