Nektar Panorama P1/4/6 firmware has been updated for Reason 10.4

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
enossified

28 Aug 2019

Nektar recently dropped an updated firmware for the P series controllers with support for Reason 10.4 including Monotone, Rytmik and using Nektarine to control VSTs.

I happened to be in my Nektar account today and saw that the Reason installer was now dated 8/2019. Back in May I had contacted Nektar about this and they said a new release was coming but never sent a followup email or posted a news item on their website.

The update plus the Nektarine installer should be visible in your Nektar account page.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

enossified wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Nektar recently dropped an updated firmware for the P series controllers with support for Reason 10.4 including Monotone, Rytmik and using Nektarine to control VSTs.

I happened to be in my Nektar account today and saw that the Reason installer was now dated 8/2019. Back in May I had contacted Nektar about this and they said a new release was coming but never sent a followup email or posted a news item on their website.

The update plus the Nektarine installer should be visible in your Nektar account page.
Been using Nektarine in Reason about 2 or 3 months on the P series...

Monotone was mapped out a couple of days after it was released, never got around to Rytmik so I will merge that one with our stuff.

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Fraxis

28 Aug 2019

Just tried the firmware update, which has now wrecked my set-up! When auto-scannong for controllers, it finds the Mixer Mode but not the Master keyboard bit. I get the error message: Auto Detection Errors:
Nektar, Panorama, remote_probe() result #1: input port index to large. System has 5 input ports.

Ay ideas please? Should I roll back to an earlier version of the firmware and support files? I'm running Reason 10.4 on a 2007 Power Mac running OSX 10.4 Lion. All worked perfectly until the firmware upgrade just now.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Fraxis wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Just tried the firmware update, which has now wrecked my set-up! When auto-scannong for controllers, it finds the Mixer Mode but not the Master keyboard bit. I get the error message: Auto Detection Errors:
Nektar, Panorama, remote_probe() result #1: input port index to large. System has 5 input ports.

Ay ideas please? Should I roll back to an earlier version of the firmware and support files? I'm running Reason 10.4 on a 2007 Power Mac running OSX 10.4 Lion. All worked perfectly until the firmware upgrade just now.
Double check that the support files were updated (check datetime, on the LUA files)
I think on the Mac they are here //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Codecs/Lua Codecs/Nektar

Fraxis

28 Aug 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Fraxis wrote:
28 Aug 2019

Double check that the support files were updated (check datetime, on the LUA files)
I think on the Mac they are here //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Codecs/Lua Codecs/Nektar
Okay, thanks very mucj. Will have another go and check thoroughly tomorrow, but for the time being have successfully rolled back to the previous version of the support files. Although it now doesn't like the latest remote map files from here, so have had to stick with the rather outdated Nektar one. Very odd! Probably just another, more methodical crack at it.

Fraxis

28 Aug 2019

FYI, just in case it's a coding error in your new file, once I trash Nektar's 'Panorama.remotemap' file and replace it with your new one, I get the following error showing in the Panorama master keyboard map in the controller prefs. Is the new file incompatible with the the pre-August 2019019 updates?:

Failed to load control surface: Nektar, Panorama.
Map File Errors:
Line 105524: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 112500: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 112770: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 112910: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 113094: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 114183: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 114379: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 114465: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 114551: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 114872: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 115012: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 115126: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 115240: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 115433: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 115754: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 116064: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 116385: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 116706: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 117027: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 117138: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 117459: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 117859: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 118010: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 118097: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 118418: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 119507: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 119605: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 120555: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 120756: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 121077: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 121299: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 122388: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 122666: Map entry with unknown control surface item.
Line 122889: Map entry with unknown control surface item.

and on until...

Line 537344: Map entry with unknown control surface item.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

Fraxis wrote:
28 Aug 2019
FYI, just in case it's a coding error in your new file, once I trash Nektar's 'Panorama.remotemap' file and replace it with your new one, I get the following error showing in the Panorama master keyboard map in the controller prefs. Is the new file incompatible with the the pre-August 2019019 updates?:

Map File Errors:

and on until...

bet you any money the lines will start with the code "Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window"
It because you need the latest LUA code.

Try this one.
Panorama.zip
(74.05 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Fraxis

29 Aug 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Fraxis wrote:
28 Aug 2019

Map File Errors:

and on until...

bet you any money the lines will start with the code "Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window"
It because you need the latest LUA code.

Try this one.
Panorama.zip
Okay. I’m out tonight but will have a go tomorrow. Thanks again.

wendylou

31 Aug 2019

Working! I installed the above "Panorama.luacodec" and got this latest 8-2019 Firmware Update to work on my P6 with Reason 10.4 on Mac OS, but only after I also ran the Panorama_Reason_Support_OSX_1.8.1.dmg. Otherwise, Reason complained that the "Nektar Panorama" (master keyboard) ports had changed and suggested removing and adding the control surface back (the "Nektar Panorama Mixer Mode" was unaffected and OK). That didn't work until I ran the Panorama Reason Support OSX update. I'm still using this thread's "Panorama.remotemap" and all is well.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

jetpilot00

04 Sep 2019

Ok,

I just downloaded the files from Nektar and installed as directed. Now, Reason can't find my P6 with the automatic search. I see you guys figured it out on Mac IOS but has anyone successfully updated a Windows 10 computer?

I'm out of ideas. Thanks, ahead of time!

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

splangie

04 Sep 2019

jetpilot00 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Ok,

I just downloaded the files from Nektar and installed as directed. Now, Reason can't find my P6 with the automatic search. I see you guys figured it out on Mac IOS but has anyone successfully updated a Windows 10 computer?

-JP
Thanks for the info. I might try can give it try later tonight. This is a "work" night so I don't want to have any problems before I get done.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

jetpilot00 wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Ok,

-JP
I run Windows only...

So you installed the new firmware, then installed the new drivers and maps etc. correct ?

jetpilot00

04 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
04 Sep 2019

I run Windows only...

So you installed the new firmware, then installed the new drivers and maps etc. correct ?
I believe I did. I extracted the files, installed the drivers, updated the firmware and ran the support file. I didn’t do anything different from when I installed everything a few weeks ago when I got the P1 and P6.

Interestingly, when I plug in the P1, it works perfectly. With the P6, it can’t even find the eligible midi options on the “Control Surfaces” section of “Preferences”.
The P1 shows them and is found when auto-scanned, nothing with the P6.

***EDIT***

I followed the instructions about the LUA Codec and now it’s working. That is a HUGE issue that Nektar need to sort out. Thanks to you guys, I’m back up and operational.

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

REF: "Reason complained that the "Nektar Panorama" (master keyboard) ports had changed and suggested removing and adding the control surface back (the "Nektar Panorama Mixer Mode" was unaffected and OK)."

I got this tonight on my P4 (I have not started my P4 in a while as I run a P1 and T6), all I had to do was go into edit, checked each port and then it worked !!!! Did not have to do anything else..

FYI I have dropped new mappings for the P series (P4-P6-P1) about 150 new maps...

The PoohBear...

WeLoveYouToo

05 Sep 2019

oh man, like others say on here, updating the drivers and firmware is a day long ordeal with errors and device-not-found messages.
if i could hire someone to update my p4 for me i would, but otherwise, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Jackjackdaw

05 Sep 2019

I was looking forward to this update but really disappointed in the new Reason device maps. For instance, Quad note generator, the obvious mapping route would be to have a menu with each channel in, then tabs for the functions. Instead we get two tabs with functions from channel 1 all named so you can’t make out what the controls are, with a couple of functions from channel 2 thrown in and nothing else. Grab maps don’t save in Reason, yet in Cubase you can save profiles. Nektarine is great but useless for Reason devices. The workflow using the P1 as the hub of the studio is terrible.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
05 Sep 2019
I was looking forward to this update but really disappointed in the new Reason device maps. For instance, Quad note generator, the obvious mapping route would be to have a menu with each channel in, then tabs for the functions. Instead we get two tabs with functions from channel 1 all named so you can’t make out what the controls are, with a couple of functions from channel 2 thrown in and nothing else. Grab maps don’t save in Reason, yet in Cubase you can save profiles. Nektarine is great but useless for Reason devices. The workflow using the P1 as the hub of the studio is terrible.
I just drop a full mapping for the Quad Note Generator.

The PoohBear...

Jackjackdaw

05 Sep 2019

I appreciate your work and dedication to the platform, makes it viable. I'm cheesed off with Nektar though, they should be on it but they half arse it. (The cubase maps are a joke as well, a total mess)

wendylou

06 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
04 Sep 2019
REF: "Reason complained that the "Nektar Panorama" (master keyboard) ports had changed and suggested removing and adding the control surface back (the "Nektar Panorama Mixer Mode" was unaffected and OK)."

I got this tonight on my P4 (I have not started my P4 in a while as I run a P1 and T6), all I had to do was go into edit, checked each port and then it worked !!!! Did not have to do anything else..

FYI I have dropped new mappings for the P series (P4-P6-P1) about 150 new maps...

The PoohBear...

@PoohBear I had issues after installing your latest Panorama.remotemap, above. My display had some weird characters on the first two mapped rotaries and I was not able to get Master to work. I loaded your previous Panorama.remotemap and all is well. Is it just me or has anyone else had issues with the new Panorama.remotemap using the lastest Nektar Panorama firmware update?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

wendylou wrote:
06 Sep 2019

@PoohBear I had issues after installing your latest Panorama.remotemap, above. My display had some weird characters on the first two mapped rotaries and I was not able to get Master to work. I loaded your previous Panorama.remotemap and all is well. Is it just me or has anyone else had issues with the new Panorama.remotemap using the lastest Nektar Panorama firmware update?
I just realised my P4 was on 1.14.02 just upgraded the firmware and the new mappings are still OK.

What device did you have open?

loopeydoug

06 Sep 2019

I know this is off-topic but, every time mapping comes up(especially in light of Nektarine's announcement and what I hoped it would be) I always spend 10 minutes or so dreaming of how liberating it would be to have per-patch remote files for combinators(or any other stock device/RE- I don't really use VSTs). This would be be like pouring rocket fuel into my productivity tank!

wendylou

06 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Sep 2019
wendylou wrote:
06 Sep 2019

I just realised my P4 was on 1.14.02 just upgraded the firmware and the new mappings are still OK.

What device did you have open?
Panorama P6 with latest firmware "Panorama_P6_FWx11_V031403.bin" and latest "Panorama Reason Support OSX.pkg" applied. Also running Reason 10.4d4 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.16. The Panorama P6 Instrument display began with odd labels on rotaries.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

wendylou wrote:
06 Sep 2019

Panorama P6 with latest firmware "Panorama_P6_FWx11_V031403.bin" and latest "Panorama Reason Support OSX.pkg" applied. Also running Reason 10.4d4 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.16. The Panorama P6 Instrument display began with odd labels on rotaries.
I'm on Windows. For the rotaries to display there must be an instrument loaded? unless you are in Internal mode.

wendylou

06 Sep 2019

Well I just tried it again and all is well. Everything is working. I stepped through a lot of instruments without issue, and the Master is OK too.

nscerri

14 Sep 2019

Since I have not seen any comments about the Looper in the new firmware, they have done several tweaks, that are cool, but be careful if you have used it before, as it might be incompatible to your current setup.

Changes I noticed:

1) One of the things quite noticeable is that now once you press a pad, it starts the transport immediately.
2) If you press another pad while the sequence is playing, it waits until the end of the bar, and jumps straight to new pad (even if there is a gap between pads)
3) If you hit stop, and select for example the 4th pad, it starts at that location.
4) Loop mode is enabled when pressing a pad
5) Link has become the only way to set a position with a gap of more than one tab
6) The page change is now done automatically based on position (No need to press <bank or bank >)

By any chance can Nektar provide a firmware release notes document, as even though these changes are more than welcome, it changed some of my tracks drastically in order to perform them live, and I have now to adapt.

If you notice anymore changes kindly share.

Cheers :)

• Information