WHY are you thinking of changing DAW? (if you are)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KEVMOVE02

17 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I want my daw of choice to work as promised... nothing more... nothing less... do not promise things you refuse or can not deliver ... I have seen the prop page do this many times... and... it has alwats been a lie. Perhaps lying is accepted in their country... for me... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I have spent 1000's trying to keep the liers going so they can deliver what they promise for once... and for all fan boys... liers... is Not and overstatement at all... I suggest research to verify what I say is true... can not even have a forum to help when they can't be bothered

moneykube

17 Sep 2019

KEVMOVE02 wrote:
17 Sep 2019
moneykube wrote:
06 Sep 2019
I want my daw of choice to work as promised... nothing more... nothing less... do not promise things you refuse or can not deliver ... I have seen the prop page do this many times... and... it has alwats been a lie. Perhaps lying is accepted in their country... for me... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I have spent 1000's trying to keep the liers going so they can deliver what they promise for once... and for all fan boys... liers... is Not and overstatement at all... I suggest research to verify what I say is true... can not even have a forum to help when they can't be bothered
:lol: either you liked this statement or feel it needs to be argued upon. I see no other reason to quote it without a word.I still feel this way, and unless reason 11 offers more then I read.... I will remain on 10. No big deal... spent enough money already waiting for many requests to be implemented... started with reason 2.5... what I have seen I can not unsee. :lol: :roll: :puf_wink: I'm not into arguing about my statement. I have more then enough to do music with at this point. Still learning many of the racks I purchased. Stepping off this train for a time.Not switching daws... but when I need a different daw I use logic which can also make music while you sync events to video. What an awesome idea... I believe this also has been a request for many years by users yet..... (the sound of silence)... not going to mention other requests ignored as they have been stated many times through the many years I have used reason. If this is too argue ... I leave you to it. :exclamation: If reason 11 is all you hoped for buy it. If not don't. At this point I see nothing much that excites me in 11 so I will be in the don't category. Who know... perhaps some important requests will get addressed in a point upgrade... if so... then I may consider upgrading... if not... no longer care... arguing takes up too much time of which I seem to have less and less time... or... I am tired of pointless arguments. I am simply disappointed.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

reggie1979

17 Sep 2019

You are not allowed. Only glowing praises are allowed otherwise you are a troll :lol:

Honestly, I'm tired of these forums. Too many personal attacks and too many people who expect you be exactly like them or you'll get scolded.

guitfnky

17 Sep 2019

wait, there are “lies” on Props’ website? where???
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

moneykube

17 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
17 Sep 2019
here is one... when I bought reason 4 they had a statement they were working on multi-core performance issues... we were told motorola dropped out of this and apple/motorola were blamed, and statement on site (up on site for a very long time saying they were working on the issue) ... was removed... it seems that issue was never really solved in the many updates since and currently there still are some issues... to me this is a lie... when you contact support they say there is no issue. viewtopic.php?t=7507685
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

guitfnky

17 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
17 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
17 Sep 2019
here is one... when I bought reason 4 they had a statement they were working on multi-core performance issues... we were told motorola dropped out of this and apple/motorola were blamed, and statement on site (up on site for a very long time saying they were working on the issue) ... was removed... it seems that issue was never really solved in the many updates since and currently there still are some issues... to me this is a lie... when you contact support they say there is no issue. viewtopic.php?t=7507685
you're still having performance issues? maybe contact support? I doubt any of us will ever live to see a piece of software that's perfectly compatible with all PCs, so unfortunately, that's an impossible standard to hold any developer to.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

reggie1979

17 Sep 2019

ROLL/

Jagwah

18 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
17 Sep 2019
:lol: either you liked this statement or feel it needs to be argued upon. I see no other reason to quote it without a word.

KEVMOVE02

18 Sep 2019

moneykube wrote:
17 Sep 2019
KEVMOVE02 wrote:
17 Sep 2019
:lol: either you liked this statement or feel it needs to be argued upon. I see no other reason to quote it without a word.I still feel this way, and unless reason 11 offers more then I read.... I will remain on 10. No big deal... spent enough money already waiting for many requests to be implemented... started with reason 2.5... what I have seen I can not unsee. :lol: :roll: :puf_wink: I'm not into arguing about my statement. I have more then enough to do music with at this point. Still learning many of the racks I purchased. Stepping off this train for a time.Not switching daws... but when I need a different daw I use logic which can also make music while you sync events to video. What an awesome idea... I believe this also has been a request for many years by users yet..... (the sound of silence)... not going to mention other requests ignored as they have been stated many times through the many years I have used reason. If this is too argue ... I leave you to it. :exclamation: If reason 11 is all you hoped for buy it. If not don't. At this point I see nothing much that excites me in 11 so I will be in the don't category. Who know... perhaps some important requests will get addressed in a point upgrade... if so... then I may consider upgrading... if not... no longer care... arguing takes up too much time of which I seem to have less and less time... or... I am tired of pointless arguments. I am simply disappointed.
Actually, this happened because I was hungry and jittery hand kicked in (I was really hungry). That being said, Im not convinced that there are any credible arguments that Propellerhead made any promises they didn't intend to keep. Besides, complaining that a product deliver as promised is the fight song of every woman... nevermind.

KEVMOVE02

18 Sep 2019

Since this thread started, I've added Zenbeats, Sonar by Bandlab and a nifty writing app called Nebo. Elvis is thinking about possibly leaving the building, some time soon if something more interesting draws my attention.

reggie1979

18 Sep 2019

Haha, yeah, "Hi, I'm KEVMOVE02, and I'll a gasaholic"

KEVMOVE02

19 Sep 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
18 Sep 2019
Haha, yeah, "Hi, I'm KEVMOVE02, and I'll a gasaholic"
It’s gasaholism when you spend money or offered a trade in kind. Since I did neither, at best, I’m a virtual hoarder.

itmuckel

23 Sep 2019

Thanks to the post about the (assumed) bad code quality that makes progress difficult and the ridiculous feature set of R11 I decided to look into other DAWs again.

And now that I see how many features wanted by the community of Presonus Studio One actually got included in a free(!) point release 4.5, I don't see why I should support Propellerhead anymore.

I also see why I originally bought Reason. It has everything included what I need to make music. Other DAWs are empty shells for VSTs and searching the web for free VSTs or spending a ton of money on them feels stupid.

So after upgrading to R11 there is no reason to use it as a DAW. If Reason 11 is the only VST I'll ever need, because it has just everything AND I use a DAW where the developers actually care for user requests I won't come back.

STIM

23 Sep 2019

My eyesight has deteriorated to the point that using Reason without being able to zoom is a huge pain. I'm looking into both Studio One & Bitwig. Reason's UI & UX should be their number one priority IMO.

• Information