[Poll] Propellerhead is now Reason Studios. Do you like the change?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What do you think of the impending name change?

Good, I like it.
27%
Bad, I don't like it.
44%
Don't care/Too Stupid to think about it.
25%
What? They're changing their name?
5%

Total votes: 126
pushedbutton

27 Aug 2019

...long live Reason Studios.

I didn't see anyone talking about the name change so I thought I'd make a clickbaity thread about it.
I think it's an interesting idea. I guess it will help to raise the profile of Reason but not sure it'll help with SEO.
I mean the word 'Reason Studios Reason' isn't exactly synonymous with making music whereas 'Propellerhead Reason' is a lot more likely to pull up the right results in a search engine.
At first I didn't care but the more I think about it the more it concerns me.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Bod

27 Aug 2019

I'm sad about it because of the history, but really don't mind too much. It certainly makes the brand sound more professional.

rgdaniel

27 Aug 2019

Presumably the word "propellerhead" will feature prominently in their metadata for years to come. But yeah, it smells a bit corporate douchebaggy to me.

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

"propellerhead" was the one term you added in google to find something of relevance. unless you're interested in clickbait articles and philosophy, then you'd leave "propellerhead" out.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

pushedbutton

27 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Aug 2019
"propellerhead" was the one term you added in google to find something of relevance.
Yeah that's my main concern.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

MannequinRaces

27 Aug 2019

Don’t like it. Propellerhead has a more lighthearted playfulness to it. Reason Studios just sounds sterile and impersonal.

boingy

27 Aug 2019

This is a very loaded poll. In truth most folks are probably not that bothered either way but you have lumped that option with "Too Stupid". So I'm not voting, and neither is my imaginary friend.

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2019

I have 5 different versions of reason installed

When I miss Propellerhead, I just open one of those versions.

reggie1979

27 Aug 2019

I think it's corny. I was proud to be a propellerhead!

EdGrip

27 Aug 2019

Totally get their reasoning, heh, and we'll all get used to it. But I really liked the concept/image that the word Propellerhead alluded to - from Wikipedia: Today, computer savvy and other technically proficient people are sometimes pejoratively called propellerheads because of the one-time popularity of the propeller beanie.

This idea of the developers being mad musical computer nerds made me attracted to the product - that and the orange 3-blocks logo! And the orange, green, white and black. Love that colour combo too.
Basically, fine, they should change it and do what they need to do. But they really nailed their branding previously.

stratatonic

27 Aug 2019

Why is Studios plural? FL Studio isn't. They both sound pretty moronic.

Yonatan

27 Aug 2019

MannequinRaces

27 Aug 2019

stratatonic wrote:
27 Aug 2019
Why is Studios plural? FL Studio isn't. They both sound pretty moronic.
One for mobile and one for desktop, lol.

Alkua

27 Aug 2019

I personally prefer Propellerhead because sound like the brand name of an umbrella where other company are under.
But after they have a new CEO probably he has new ideas that might be different from the mentality of the previous CEO.

Changing name means new beginning so I am excited to see what is coming.

Luxuria

28 Aug 2019

v2.jpg
v2.jpg (33.3 KiB) Viewed 3479 times
Posting this in here because it applies.

I guess you could thank the new CEO for the rebranding.

boingy

28 Aug 2019

I find myself wondering if there is some legal reason that is stopping them selling the company with the PH name. Maybe the name is not fully owned by the company. Maybe they are just going to sell the Reason side of the business and keep the remainder (admittedly the remainder is not much!) Maybe the founders are keeping the PH name, casting off the burden that Reason has become and going back to their roots to start again. Note that this is just idle speculation but, hey, that's what we're here for!

Last Alternative

28 Aug 2019

Makes me wonder what they're gonna change or get rid of next.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

boingy

28 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
28 Aug 2019
Makes me wonder what they're gonna change or get rid of next.
I think they are going to get rid of users next. Users are such a pain in the a*se with their constant demands and complaints. :twisted:

Last Alternative

28 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
28 Aug 2019
I think they are going to get rid of users next. Users are such a pain in the a*se with their constant demands and complaints. :twisted:
LOL or just ban the complainers :lol:
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Javier D'Rosa

28 Aug 2019

As a company with a new name, CEO etc etc etc, will they answer any question or will they remain in that annoying silence that has always characterized them in the face of difficult questions?

boingy

28 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
28 Aug 2019
boingy wrote:
28 Aug 2019
LOL or just ban the complainers :lol:
If they did that it would sure be quiet around these parts. Hello? Is anyone out there? Anyone? Hello? :lol:

Last Alternative

28 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
28 Aug 2019
If they did that it would sure be quiet around these parts. Hello? Is anyone out there? Anyone? Hello? :lol:
Like a post-Armageddon ghost town.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2019

New owners, new CEO, pretty normal they wants to put their stamp on things. I did too when I took over a company. Prior to that at another company, same thing happened when a new boss came in.

But I think the name change is good. Many users wants to call themselves "producers", not beat makers, because producers look down on simple beat makers, and the big producers work in a studio. Everyone aspires to have a Studio. It is quite a good name that fits current trends and will stand the test of time. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: So, with that praise from me, can we get back to talking about midi and VST in the new Rack VST! :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

RobC

28 Aug 2019

I voted 'dun care'. x D

They can even rename Reason to Rubik Koob Studio if the want. Then call it RK Studio, and spam #RKGang idiots. x D ...and develop a side game, Pr0n Brix. - So yeah, if it wouldn't be clear, I'm just poking a bit of fun at the slight FL Studio ring to Reason Studios. : ) Oh, and how Image Line started out, lol.

Creativemind

28 Aug 2019

Another poll I can't vote in lol!

No option for "impartial" lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information