[Poll] So, are you getting Reason 11 Standard, Suite or not upgrading?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Are you upgrading to Reason 11 Standard or Suite?

11 Standard
33%
11 Suite
27%
I'm not upgrading
40%

Total votes: 218
antic604

26 Aug 2019

The extra REs in Suite include:
Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer.
Of that list I already have 11, really want 2 (the new Scenic Hybrid Instrument and PolyStep Sequencer) and don't care about 3 (Umpf Retro, Processed Pianos and Rotor). But assuming Scenic will be at least $/EUR99, it still makes sense - for me - to pay extra $/EUR120 for Suite rather than "just" the Standard. I imagine there's very few people where this isn't the case as well?
Last edited by antic604 on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

xylyx

26 Aug 2019

For me to upgrade it needed to either:

1. Offer a big sequencer update: folder tracks and lots of extra workflow enhancements

2. Reason rack as a VST, so I could use all the stuff I've purchased in another DAW without the awful rewire cludge.

So, whilst there are some small tweaks to the sequencer, they would definitely not be enough to make me upgrade; so, number two it is...now, do I go Studio One or Ableton Live? Hmm...

dvdrtldg

26 Aug 2019

Suite, but only when it goes on sale. I'm still exploring 10 and really can't see the need to upgrade in a hurry

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

xylyx wrote:
26 Aug 2019
For me to upgrade it needed to either:

1. Offer a big sequencer update: folder tracks and lots of extra workflow enhancements

2. Reason rack as a VST, so I could use all the stuff I've purchased in another DAW without the awful rewire cludge.

So, whilst there are some small tweaks to the sequencer, they would definitely not be enough to make me upgrade; so, number two it is...now, do I go Studio One or Ableton Live? Hmm...
But Reason rack VST is included?!?
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

antic604

26 Aug 2019

xylyx wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I'd say Reason has much bigger overlap with S1, so I'd recommend Live. Or better yet - Bitwig v3 :)

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

This is like a dream come true for me. I've held off on layers and parsec and complex 1 and all the players I really want to see if they would be included in something like this in the future. Add in the great mixer modules and FREAKING VST RACK!?!? I'm stunned, floored and excited and only a month away too, can't wait. This will make Bitwig a whole lot more fun!
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Loque

26 Aug 2019

For everyone who did not know Scenic:
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
New instrument: Scenic Hybrid Instrument is a cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds and powerful performance controls. Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25.
Reason12, Win10

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

I've come up with one complaint, I can't preorder suite and unlock the REs today!

antic604

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
For everyone who did not know Scenic
Yeah, really curious what it is. Looks like one of those Output VSTs. I hope it's not just sample player - as hinted by the picture - but that it also has the synth engine(s), as is suggested by "hybrid" in the name.

Creativemind

26 Aug 2019

You missed off an "undecided" option so I can't vote. I probably will upgrade to Reason 11 but intend to demo it first see what it's like.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Yeah, really curious what it is. Looks like one of those Output VSTs. I hope it's not just sample player - as hinted by the picture - but that it also has the synth engine(s), as is suggested by "hybrid" in the name.
I was thinking it looked just like NIs new kontakt library devices, Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams.

dhruan

26 Aug 2019

Depends... Scenic looks interesting but there is a lot of stuff there that I do not really want (or know I want) or that I already have. But then again... need to give a looksie on the REs, might actually sway me towards getting the Suite (the stuff that I do not have is worth +700€ not counting in Scenic).

So, might go with the Reason 11 Standard + Scenic or toss all my chips in and get the Suite.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Loque

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019
antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I was thinking it looked just like NIs new kontakt library devices, Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams.
We will see...PH hides most stuff probably behind the "Edit" button on. The routing might give another hint of "just" a sampling processor...well, we will see :-D
Reason12, Win10

SalvadorDeluxe

26 Aug 2019

I suspect that with Suite, as new devices are released from Props (aka "Reason Studios") you'll automatically get 'em, maybe? So there's a potential longer term value with upgrading to Suite.
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

boingy

26 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I think you are pretty much looking at the block diagram of it on that front panel: a pair of samples with separate processing chains that merge/morph/whatever together at the output with some twiddly knobs. (I reckon I should be in marketing....)

SalvadorDeluxe

26 Aug 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I suspect that with Suite, as new devices are released from Props (aka "Reason Studios") you'll automatically get 'em, maybe? So there's a potential longer term value with upgrading to Suite.
Scratch that... Mattias already said that the Suite is "as is". Dang.
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

antic604

26 Aug 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
26 Aug 2019
It's not mentioned anywhere, so I doubt that. Also, it's 16 REs each priced in a range $/EUR 45-99, for a total of $/EUR120. How much more of a value proposition you expect? :shock: :?

PhillipOrdonez

26 Aug 2019

I'm certain I'll upgrade to standard but considering suite... Question is, if one cannot pre order it, how much would it cost to upgrade to suite once you have v11?

Loque

26 Aug 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I'm certain I'll upgrade to standard but considering suite... Question is, if one cannot pre order it, how much would it cost to upgrade to suite once you have v11?
Good point...Hopefully it is better than upgrading a RE :-D
Reason12, Win10

antic604

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I think you are pretty much looking at the block diagram of it on that front panel: a pair of samples with separate processing chains that merge/morph/whatever together at the output with some twiddly knobs. (I reckon I should be in marketing....)
Obviously, but I wouldn't call it 'hybrid' if it's just a dual sample player with some FX :)

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Obviously, but I wouldn't call it 'hybrid' if it's just a dual sample player with some FX :)
Probably like Processed Pianos but with two free sample slots instead of three pianos.
Again, great use of screen real estate!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ShelLuser

26 Aug 2019

To be honest I'm a little sceptic about the Props current business model, and I'm anxious to see what they're going to charge for Suite if you already own most of the included devices. The reason for this is their Rigs setup. I bought 2 rigs this weekend (awesome material) but I couldn't help but notice that despite the fact that I owned several devices already I still had to pay full price for the whole Rig collection; effectively meaning that I bought some devices twice (not fully but.. you get my drift I hope).

I upgraded to 10 just last weekend, and also bought myself some extra goodies, so I'm not really anxious to upgrade again. I'll probably postpone, also because I think it's funny that I'm using a version 10 on both my favorite daws.

The one thing I am definitely interested in is Reason as plugin. I hope it won't be tied into 11 (false hope I assume) but that is definitely something I'd buy into again somehow. In my current setup I always use Reason rewired into Live, I even discovered a way to (ab)use Thor (and some javascript code) to get midi data out of Reason back into Live again but a VST will probably allow you to have full Reason access in the other DAW and that is exciting.

On the down side... no more props? Weird decision IMO, Propellerhead always made the company stand out. Now they're just one of the many others. Not too sure about that change...
--- :reason:

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
26 Aug 2019
SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Scratch that... Mattias already said that the Suite is "as is". Dang.
I find this a bit silly. I'm absolutely floored with this offer, let me spell it out for ya!

Scenic Hybrid Instrument $??.??
Complex-1 Modular Synth $99.99
Umpf Club Drums + Umpf Retro Beats $139.99
Reason Electric Bass $99.99
Reason Drum Kits $99.99
Processed Pianos $99.99
Layers Wave Edition + Layers $149.99
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer $119.99
Radical Keys $99.99
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter $69.99
Rotor Rotary Speaker $49.99
PolyStep Sequencer $69.99
Quad Note Generator $69.99
Drum Sequencer $69.99

Total value > $1239.87
Priced at: $120.00

I only have Drum Sequencer, so for me, this is just an absolute no-brainer of delightfulness and I wouldn't be even slightly disappointed if they didn't add to it, as you proclaimed.. "dang!" eeeeeek

PhillipOrdonez

26 Aug 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
26 Aug 2019
To be honest I'm a little sceptic about the Props current business model, and I'm anxious to see what they're going to charge for Suite if you already own most of the included devices. The reason for this is their Rigs setup. I bought 2 rigs this weekend (awesome material) but I couldn't help but notice that despite the fact that I owned several devices already I still had to pay full price for the whole Rig collection; effectively meaning that I bought some devices twice (not fully but.. you get my drift I hope).

I upgraded to 10 just last weekend, and also bought myself some extra goodies, so I'm not really anxious to upgrade again. I'll probably postpone, also because I think it's funny that I'm using a version 10 on both my favorite daws.

The one thing I am definitely interested in is Reason as plugin. I hope it won't be tied into 11 (false hope I assume) but that is definitely something I'd buy into again somehow. In my current setup I always use Reason rewired into Live, I even discovered a way to (ab)use Thor (and some javascript code) to get midi data out of Reason back into Live again but a VST will probably allow you to have full Reason access in the other DAW and that is exciting.

On the down side... no more props? Weird decision IMO, Propellerhead always made the company stand out. Now they're just one of the many others. Not too sure about that change...
If you read carefully, anyone who upgraded to 10 after August 1st will get 11. Congrats!

boingy

26 Aug 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I upgraded to 10 just last weekend, and also bought myself some extra goodies, so I'm not really anxious to upgrade again.
The good news is that the grace period started on Aug 1st so you will get R11 for free when it launches.

• Information