Reason Suite Upgrade Questions

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Carly(Poohbear)

Post 09 Sep 2019

stxlm wrote:
08 Sep 2019
This is something I'd like to have cleared up from an official source.

Will the Suite work as a way to get (some of) the official RE:s and players released since the last upgrade?
It's like you are buying one of the rigs however they have called it a suite.
Will Suite content be upgraded "mid version" at all, say, if a new Reason Studios RE is released?
No
Does it work like a subscription - meaning, if I downgrade from Suite to normal when Reason 12 comes out, will I lose the extra content I paid for?
No

future-bit

Post 09 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
09 Sep 2019

I wonder how many have upgraded to 10 and were going to upgrade to the Suite as they thought the cost would be nearier the difference...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I bought the update 10-11 a week ago. I clearly understood that I did not need RE yet. I have Complex and a few more REs from the list. No more, I'm not interested.

Better not to buy than to buy and not use.

Kalm

Post 09 Sep 2019

But we want to make a fair comparison from DAW to DAW, buying a copy of S1 is basically the pricing to getting the full version of Studio one.

Its FREE --> Artist (99) --> Pro (399)

If you purchase artist, you owe the last 300 to the professional version unless you get it during discount days.

So it is definitely a fair question if this is how the company is marketing the DAW or simply a bundle upgrade. In other words, is this a bigger version of A-List/UJAM (where you buy A-List but upgrading to the fuller version not included in the original purchase price) , The Rig line, or literally a 3rd tier upgrade. I'm wondering to if I ever decide to UPGRADE to Suite later. With the "as-is" statement, this sounds more like a one time offer for this specific version rather than introducing an "almost all in tier" like Studio One Pro.
Courtesy of The Brew | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Apple 1 TB & Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 10 | Studio One 3 Professional | Ozone 7 | Pro Tools 12 | Adobe CC | Presonus FireStudio Project | M-Audio Axiom | And many plugs

fieldframe

Post 09 Sep 2019

Think of it as the Reason Studios Rig for $249, and as a special bonus, it includes a free upgrade to Reason 11.
Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

guitfnky

Post 09 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
09 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
09 Sep 2019
suite.png
guitfnky wrote:
09 Sep 2019
wow, that’s pretty disappointing. so if you’re on the fence about going with the Suite, you’re better off not upgrading to 11 at all until you’ve made a firm decision.

I wonder how many have upgraded to 10 and were going to upgrade to the Suite as they thought the cost would be nearier the difference...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I can kind of understand it for those who bought 10 just before they announced 11. they paid for the v10 feature set, but they’re getting 11 Standard automatically. if they wanted to upgrade from 10 (which they thought they bought) to 11 Suite, it would’ve cost them $250 anyway.

it’s kind of a dumb way for them to price it for people who will have upgraded to 11 knowingly, though. for those who decide the Suite isn’t for them, and change their mind later (or just don’t have the additional $, but need the v11 features sooner), it amounts to Props double-dipping.

• Information