Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
VariableX

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019

It's always the same. NEVER buy PH stuff until 2 years later, if you can live without it until then.
The biggest joke is that PX7 isn't included in the suite.. not that I care, because I bought it when it was released.
Ah no wait, the biggest joke is that RDK, Processed Pianos and all the Players released only this year are included!
Hold up, I'm sorry, the biggest joke is still the Rewards page in the light of a Reason 11 SUITE.
Yep.
They have no shame. Capitalism at its worst. And the sad thing is im gonna upgrade probably even to suite. But im also gonna get another DAW and use Reason as a little plugin. So I guess i better start saving. Bit if you ate looking in Reason studio do you really want people like me who loved your product, actually no I love it, looking to buy a new DAW?

VariableX

26 Aug 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Yep.
They have no shame. Capitalism at its worst. And the sad thing is im gonna upgrade probably even to suite. But im also gonna get another DAW and use Reason as a little plugin. So I guess i better start saving. But if you are looking in Reason studio do you really want people like me who loved your product, actually no I love it, looking to buy a new DAW?

Creativemind

26 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Sorry, found it too! If I have some of them, will my upgrade price take that into account?
No, afraid not. There's no stepped discount. But the upgrade price is so low so if you don't own like 2 devices it's still a great deal (and you get Reason 11 too!) :)
So there's no reduction for devices you already own, so let's say you want the Scenic Hybrid Instrument device and you have all the others (quite possible), is it available to buy separately?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

26 Aug 2019

Creativemind wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Looks fantastic and thanks for the update but not to sound ungrateful but there doesn't seem a lot of workflow improvements in the scheme of things. Hoping there's more? I spotted curved automation, auto-crossfading of audio and muting midi notes at first watch. Oh sorry and that thing where you can make a quick snare roll duplicating note thing in the midi editor.

And it said in the video, "mute individual midi notes". So you can't say, highlight a whole bar bass line in the midi editor and bam, mute the whole bass line in one fell swoop? 'cause clicking the individual notes will be very time consuming, or can we at least drag the mute tool along and it mutes as it goes would be great.
You can select multiple MIDI ntoes and press M. There are more workflow features on the What's New page and some not listed there, like a shortcut for moving MIDI notes up/down and octave and holding shift to draw an automation point at the same level as the last point.
avasopht wrote:
26 Aug 2019
@Mattias, the FAQ doesn't mention authorization by key, only via internet or computer verification. Can you confirm whether the USB key still works?
Yes, it still works.
Molotovbeatz wrote:
26 Aug 2019
It's a shame, still no real time key highlights on the sequencer when you are playing the notes on your keyboards/midi controllers.
That's one of the workflow features! It shows both what you're playing (incoming MIDI) and what you've selected in different colors.
Creativemind wrote:
26 Aug 2019
So there's no reduction for devices you already own, so let's say you want the Scenic Hybrid Instrument device and you have all the others (quite possible), is it available to buy separately?
Yes, Scenic (like the other REs) will be available separately at launch too.
Last edited by MattiasHG on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

reasonsuser88

26 Aug 2019

I'm actually looking forward to some new instruments. Thanks!
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Creativemind

26 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Creativemind wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Looks fantastic and thanks for the update but not to sound ungrateful but there doesn't seem a lot of workflow improvements in the scheme of things. Hoping there's more? I spotted curved automation, auto-crossfading of audio and muting midi notes at first watch. Oh sorry and that thing where you can make a quick snare roll duplicating note thing in the midi editor.

And it said in the video, "mute individual midi notes". So you can't say, highlight a whole bar bass line in the midi editor and bam, mute the whole bass line in one fell swoop? 'cause clicking the individual notes will be very time consuming, or can we at least drag the mute tool along and it mutes as it goes would be great.
You can select multiple MIDI ntoes and press M. There are more workflow features on the What's New page and some not listed there, like a shortcut for moving MIDI notes up/down and octave and holding shift to draw an automation point at the same level as the last point.

Yes, it still works.
Phew! thank you so much. :D

I will check the "what's new" section now.
Last edited by Creativemind on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Kilsane

26 Aug 2019

I am pleasantly surprised for myself, I wish I could also color my notes of my choice, it would be top

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7508825

gdm41

26 Aug 2019

Pretty underwhelming for me. I bought Studio One a few weeks ago, and waited for the R11 Update before I sell my license. Like posted above, this update will attract new user but not existing users. Pricewise its way too much for me, would pay €50 for the vst support.... Its sad, hence ill stick with reason since version 3 but the sequencer and GUI is so outdated. Luckily I have another a smaller Reason license to use my REs.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
avasopht wrote:
26 Aug 2019
@Mattias, the FAQ doesn't mention authorization by key, only via internet or computer verification. Can you confirm whether the USB key still works?
Yes, it still works.
Mattias, will there be a new Reason Intro/Lite version?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

splitpen

26 Aug 2019

Fantastic news, great work PH's! Those implementation of the sequencer functions are very welcome.
Looking forward to the 25th of September to give it a spin :D

EDIT,

Just read this one is a paid update for existing Reason 10 users,, a paid update for the bug fixes for example the BCR2000 controller.
Some weird choices by PH's team... :shock:
Last edited by splitpen on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

scratchnsnifff

26 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
antic604 wrote:
26 Aug 2019
What's in Reason 11 SUITE? There's a link at the bottom suggesting 16 new REs, but following it gives no info.
Check out the FAQ further down on the page.
Is Reason suite something we will have the option of getting if we already own the full 400 dollar version? How much for an upgrade? Idk what is included but I’m sure I’ll be a fan
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Jagwah

26 Aug 2019

It's really nice to see no more shying away from the unique cabling system like Players were. Actually speaking loud and proud about it is nice to see.

If I remember correctly, it may have been Ernst that didn't understand why we would want to view our sound waveforms magnified like the new feature allows. It's just nice to see and work with a big waveform. In Audacity I've always had the option to expand the waveform size and I certainly never left it as small as Reasons.

Curved automation, kinda cool to see that after all these years.

OK so Sony Vegas allows plug-ins and this new 'Reason as a plug in feature' may help me with my long quest for working with video in Reason, consider me excited : D

Does it feel like a new direction considering we have the new guy now? The highlighting cabling was refreshing for me, but I don't know how to feel about the girl with the nice voice taking the place of our beloved guy with the nice voice hmmmm :)
Last edited by Jagwah on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

26 Aug 2019

Hello :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jagwah on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlue

26 Aug 2019

this time I’ll pass...

EdGrip

26 Aug 2019

Jagwah wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I don't know how to feel about the girl with the nice voice taking the place of our beloved guy with the nice voice hmmmm :)
Yeah, we want Ryan!

Loque

26 Aug 2019

This is AMAZING!!!

I do not now need the Reason Rack, but this is a really big step into the big world to make Reason a big Player! Awesome!

And the SSL fx in the rack..praise the lord!

The new FX look also very good.

Curves in the sequencer...i must cry now...

Guys at PH! You rocked it this time! AMAZING job done!

Now take my money and give me my new Reason!
Reason12, Win10

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

26 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Mattias, will there be a new Reason Intro/Lite version?
Yes, Reason 11 Intro will also come with Reason Rack Plugin but Reason 11 Lite will not.

Vyckeil

26 Aug 2019

I'll be upgrading from Reason 9 so this update makes me happy. Totally get why people on Reason 10 find this disappointing, especially if it's the only DAW they use. Do what I do, don't upgrade and wait for the next version. Spend your money on something else, like plugins or a nice pair of boots, or pay your damn credit card debts. Remember that Reason updates between versions, so more features are certainly coming for version 11.

I will certainly buy the Suite, sounds really good for the money. I spent over $2500 in REs, and now that I can use Reason as a VST in StudioOne I don't feel stuck with all my purchases. This, to me, is showing respect to the customers! They know they're not up to snuff with the DAW aspect, it was always about the modularity that Reason shined.

I feel that they're going to focus more on providing the perfect environment for their REs and modules instead of spreading their effort into multiple things. It's easier as a company to sell more REs than a DAW. Still, the DAW aspect of Reason is still quite strong in stand-alone, although dated is some regards.

Before Reason 6, Reason was always treated more as an enormous, powerful plugin rather than a DAW. They tried their hand at the DAW thing, made some good headway, but ultimately the competition is quite fierce especially against DAWs that are not as old as Reason (looking at you Bitwig). You can't add every feature of every DAW in one single DAW. Reprogramming Reason is a monumental task and they're adding features piece-meal, while giving you the option to use Reason in another DAW.
Last edited by Vyckeil on 26 Aug 2019, edited 2 times in total.

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Oh, and have to ask ... can you run Reason Rack as a VST in Reason?

owlymane

26 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I'm extremely happy and proud to announce Reason 11! It's quite a doozy, so check out the double videos and the website:

Here' the what's new page for additional info: https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason/new
There's a lot I could personally say too, so here's a link to my blog post on Reason 11 where I do just that: https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/ann ... ct-manager

Hope you like it! :)
Hey Matthias,

Great news for the week!

Regarding the "Draw Multiple Notes" functionality, I saw from the GIF on the website that you add and remove notes in one click. Correct? Is it the left click ?

Also, I really hope that at some point you add this tiny detail: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7512888

And regarding the zoom functionality, only vertical zoom has been improved? So the vertical zoom is expandable. Any improvements in the horizontal/usual zoom itself?
You don't want to answer me?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

The new FX look also very good.

We know how looks can be deceptive ;)
sslfx.jpg
sslfx.jpg (127.89 KiB) Viewed 6246 times

The video was clearly made before the devices have even been designed.

guitfnky

26 Aug 2019

gotta throw my hat in with those who are a bit disappointed, sadly. the few workflow improvements that are there look great, but you don’t have to look far in this forum (which obviously Props are aware of) for many, many other suggestions that people really wanted. opening the rack to other DAWs is a smart move, sure, and technically, now, we’ll have access to all those features in other DAWs, but for all its weaknesses, I LIKE the workflow in Reason—I want to use THAT. now I have to consider buying, and learning another DAW if I want the best of both worlds, and don’t want to wait another two years for Reason to catch up.

I hope you can at least understand why many of us are underwhelmed by this update, @MattiasHG.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EdGrip

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Yeah, this is very useful - kinda MClass 2.0

Creativemind

26 Aug 2019

estuary wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Click link, page open,
"What's new in Reason 11"
Picture of ableton live with reason rack
Start reading,
".. Your favorite Reason instruments can now be used in your favorite DAW .."
:?
scroll, scroll, scroll

:(
Yeah that does sound kinda like they've given up in some respects when you put it like that. Your favourite daw, Reason should be OUR favourite daw. I was really hoping Cloning / Mimic'd Clips would be added. Such a time saver and probably been in other daws 5 years if not more.

dusan.cani

26 Aug 2019

Regarding mute notes - I can't see in the gif that there is possibilty to select multiple notes at once and mute the group. If you have to select every single note, then this is pretty unusable feature... (EDIT: OK it is possible, but the gif should have presented it clearly)

I am dissapointed that a lot of other major sequencer / workflow problems have not been still solved.

Only 6 small sequencer / workflow update after 2 years for 129 euros...It feels to me that there is no more commitment to seriously update and improve Reason sequencer/workflow.
Last edited by dusan.cani on 26 Aug 2019, edited 2 times in total.

• Information