Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjeudy

03 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Secret ReasonTalk preview! Snuck in some updates on the mixer devices, including Dry/Wet for the Dynamics and Compressor and some updated labelling. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Thanks for listening to users FEATURE request and implementing this FEATURE on the Compressor. Much better then using a WORKAROUND :thumbs_up:
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Loque

03 Sep 2019

pjeudy wrote:
03 Sep 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Secret ReasonTalk preview! Snuck in some updates on the mixer devices, including Dry/Wet for the Dynamics and Compressor and some updated labelling. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Thanks for listening to users FEATURE request and implementing this FEATURE on the Compressor. Much better then using a WORKAROUND :thumbs_up:
😂👍
Reason12, Win10

boingy

03 Sep 2019

"That Mattias guy never listens to a single word we... oh! Cool. A wet/dry knob. Thanks Mattias. You're the best!"

Welcome to the Internet, where people can apparently be slapped in the face by software announcements. Imagine if you actually could get slapped in the face by other forums users. Would we all be more polite and moderate or would be we all just be more bruised?

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Mattias is that dry/wet knob affecting the gate as well (plz no) or the only the channel strip compressor? Then you might as well move the knob right next to it.
Dry/Wet affects both compressor and gate. You can add two instances if you want only dry/wet on comp and then gate (or the other way around, bonus of having devices).
Thanks for clarifying!
I rethought my thought "why would I want dry/wet on a gate" but it's in fact absolutely brilliant. You can then fade between a gated and a non-gated version of your loop super easily...! Yay!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

Will the dry/wet knob have CV input?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

chaosroyale

03 Sep 2019

That was quick! Color me impressed!

Anyone thinking "eh, its just a knob"; put either of those comps on a drum track, slam it, then blend the dry back in to taste. So simple, so phat, so effective. Feels good, man. It's that kind of "fun" take on "virtual hardware" that Reason is known for at its best. I expect new users getting the rack will love trying it on their rhythm tracks.

Yonatan

03 Sep 2019

Suddenly these devices got me much more interested. Thanks for putting that extra work.

EnochLight

03 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Imagine if you actually could get slapped in the face by other forums users. Would we all be more polite and moderate or would be we all just be more bruised?
We'd all be more likely to be arrested and charged with assault, since randomly slapping someone no matter how much you disagree with their opinion is illegal in most countries. :puf_bigsmile: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Imagine if you actually could get slapped in the face by other forums users. Would we all be more polite and moderate or would be we all just be more bruised?
We'd all be more likely to be arrested and charged with assault, since randomly slapping someone no matter how much you disagree with their opinion is illegal in most countries. :puf_bigsmile: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even with a trout? I'd slap y'all with a trout.

EnochLight

03 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
03 Sep 2019
EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Even with a trout? I'd slap y'all with a trout.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DougalDarkly

03 Sep 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Thanks for clarifying!
I rethought my thought "why would I want dry/wet on a gate" but it's in fact absolutely brilliant. You can then fade between a gated and a non-gated version of your loop super easily...! Yay!
Good job Mattias!

To go from 'plz no' to 'Yay!' in the course of one comment - a comment which, it must be noted, you suggested a WORKAROUND (imagine that's written in a super-spooky font) to an (anti?) feature request!
Smartypants, you've got 3 minutes to come up with a usage case for dry/wet on a gate other than what I thought of. Please make fun of me after you did!
Not even G8 has that and tbh I've never seen it before. Dry/wet on a gate. You?
DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019
To think someone suggested recently that they wouldn't hire Mattias - shame on you! The guy knows his stuff! ;)
Agreed!

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Thanks for clarifying!
Good job Mattias!

To go from 'plz no' to 'Yay!' in the course of one comment - a comment which, it must be noted, you suggested a WORKAROUND (imagine that's written in a super-spooky font) to an (anti?) feature request!

To think someone suggested recently that they wouldn't hire Mattias - shame on you! The guy knows his stuff! ;)
Yeah - that was me. Let's not pretend a wet/dry knob makes up for this weak update to the core app. I mean c'mon, are all of you disappointed hardcore Reason users appeased NOW? For chrissakes....it's a wet/dry knob.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
03 Sep 2019
DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Good job Mattias!

Yeah - that was me. Let's not pretend a wet/dry knob makes up for this weak update to the core app. I mean c'mon, are all of you disappointed hardcore Reason users appeased NOW? For chrissakes....it's a wet/dry knob.
Appeased? As in, willing to upgrade? Of course not. It's a little win, I'll take it (for Black Friday or Reason 11.5 or 12).

EnochLight

03 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
03 Sep 2019
No, it's not just a wet/dry knob. It's CV in the back of all of the new "strips"; it's the output gain for the EQ; it's input gain for the bus compressor... these are all features that formally did not exist in the main mixer.

Sure, it may not make up for the "weak update to the core app", but it shows the Product Manager is listening to feedback given in this very thread and making changes accordingly.

BTW, were you around for the Reason 8 release? Just curious.

DougalDarkly

03 Sep 2019

Deleted

Loque

03 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
03 Sep 2019
DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Good job Mattias!

Smartypants, you've got 3 minutes to come up with a usage case for dry/wet on a gate other than what I thought of. Please make fun of me after you did!
Not even G8 has that and tbh I've never seen it before. Dry/wet on a gate. You?
DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Agreed!
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

Okay, didn't know. (and for the price of the R11 update, ouch!)
It's still a rare feature, isn't it?

dannyF

03 Sep 2019

No sequencer folders. :eh:

My request since 2008 has been ignored again.
Last edited by dannyF on 03 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

friday

03 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Ohh yea, thats a fantastic fast feedback related feature implementation (fffrfi) ... bäm!

Looks like a perfect approach for Reason 11.1 :-)

Thanks for still staying among us

Edit: Just one question, there is a input gain on both compressors, i think it is designt to still hit the reduction, even with very low level signals. But how to compensate this gain boost? Do we really need to add a gain controll plug direct after them (selig gain)?

Flandersh

03 Sep 2019

Good to see a Reason workflow remniscent of the early versions of it, without a mandatory console and racks beside each other. Will absolutely consider upgrading for the Reason Rack Plugin alone.

ShelLuser

03 Sep 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
03 Sep 2019
First: thanks a bunch for taking the effort, I really appreciate it.

Second: it looks awesome. I took a close look at the pics and just compared them to the mixer section (best reason to fire up Reason that I can think off ;) ) and I think it really adds up.

I can't wait to experiment with the master bus compressor on individual tracks. Live has a similar device called the "Glue compressor" and well... based on my experiences with that one I'm honestly excited with this development. I'm convinced that Mmxing sounds using cables will become a lot different than using "static" send tracks or group tracks ;)

Thanks again for sharing, you spoil us :cool:
--- :reason:

Yonatan

03 Sep 2019

About the mix knob and Gate, would be interesting to try, but I guess the common use would be when using Expander at that section.

moneykube

03 Sep 2019

10.9.5 needed lol
sticks dirty finger in wound... :lol:
Last edited by moneykube on 03 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DougalDarkly

03 Sep 2019

Deleted

• Information