Apollo Twin with reason 10.4

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
123repeater

22 Aug 2019

I'm thinking of updating to an Apollo Twin mainly for the Unison printing while tracking. I know reason has no problem with this but in my research I found many users complaining about the functionality when using UAD plugins as inserts in post production. The complaint being that the plugins no longer use the DSP of the Apollo, or just really poor performance.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this since upgrading to 10.2 or 10.4.

I mainly want it for the Unison. If plugins aren't working properly I'd probably just get a single SHARC instead of the DUO or QUAD.

Thanks.

friday

22 Aug 2019

I use UAD with Reason, not the twin, but the octa core PCI card. It ever worked, but used not only DSP, also a lot of CPU. Now since 10.3 it works as expectet, very low on CPU and processed by the DSP card.

jetpilot00

22 Aug 2019

I have an Apollo Twin USB and an Octo Satellite USB. I've not had one issue, nor complaint, since the performance update
Last edited by jetpilot00 on 22 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

jetpilot00

22 Aug 2019

Actually, I highly recommend UAD and Reason. Reason sees all the inputs from the Twin straight away for easy assignment where I have to go through multiple menus to set them up in other DAW's.
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

123repeater

24 Aug 2019

Thats good to hear thanks

tronam

25 Aug 2019

Yes, Reason 10.3 essentially resolved all of the UAD issues in one stroke. I have a UAD-2 Satellite Quad and it has been flawless for me since then.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information