I can't install the optional content, e.g. Humana

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eiresurfer

20 Aug 2019

So I've installed Reason 10 on a new MacOS laptop. I've gone to the Manage Content screen, and I'm attempting to download Humana (as an example as it's the smallest). It downloads the content to Macintosh HD⁩/Users⁩/[username]/Music⁩/Propellerhead Content⁩ - I can see it appearing here as it downloads. However, just as it completes, the files appear to vanish, and the Manage Content window displays "Download Failed!"

Anyone else seen this issue? This a company laptop, so it could be a security issue on the laptop. However, everything else, including Rack Extensions install correctly.

I have Reason also installed on my own MacOS. Is it possible to just copy the files over that laptop is all else fails?

mjxl

20 Aug 2019

eiresurfer wrote:
20 Aug 2019
So I've installed Reason 10 on a new MacOS laptop. I've gone to the Manage Content screen, and I'm attempting to download Humana (as an example as it's the smallest). It downloads the content to Macintosh HD⁩/Users⁩/[username]/Music⁩/Propellerhead Content⁩ - I can see it appearing here as it downloads. However, just as it completes, the files appear to vanish, and the Manage Content window displays "Download Failed!"

Anyone else seen this issue? This a company laptop, so it could be a security issue on the laptop. However, everything else, including Rack Extensions install correctly.

I have Reason also installed on my own MacOS. Is it possible to just copy the files over that laptop is all else fails?
Try running Reason elevated (admin, root on Mac(?)) , you should also be able to copy them from a different machine, but the folder might be 'protected' by the company rules I guess.

eiresurfer

21 Aug 2019

Copying and pasting the content into the Macintosh HD⁩/Users⁩/[username]/Music⁩/Propellerhead Content⁩ worked!

I'd say if you can run Reason from the command line via sudo would also work, but this has also done the job thankfully.

mjxl

21 Aug 2019

Noice ! :)

• Information