Another Reason 11 leak (kinda)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Aug 2019

Reason 11 brings a completely new, ultra-streamlined user interface to the rack, the sequencer, and the mixer. Based on the fun and intuitive Reason Compact, it's never been easier to start making music in Reason.

The immersive, full-screen sequencer lets you focus on your track, eliminating the distractions of palettes full of tools and menus. A new mixer is easier to navigate than ever, bringing what's important front and center: Your mix. And the dramatic new rack brings the simplicity of Reason Compact back to Reason, with no more tangled wires or endless scrolling.

Reason 11 will be available for purchase worldwide September XX.

JunctionArsonist

19 Aug 2019

We are delving into fanfic here...

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

This just in: Ableton is working on and testing Live 11, Apple is working on Logic 11 and so on... The secret formula is that you take any current version number of any DAW and add 1 :P Then you say that the next version is going to have something many people have been wanting. You can't possibly go wrong! :D

You just take something that everybody is already thinking, based on the public fact that pre-testers exist for developers and couple that with the time that has passed. As far as I know, pre-testers for many developers are always testing something. Anybody can make such a claim. Reason 10 was announced/released in September/October 2017. Even with the predictability based on time passed, many of you may still determine that any person who makes a claim knew something, even if Reason 11 is announced much later. You could be the first person to create a thread about Live 11 if you want to be able to tell people, "See, I told you something was coming and that many of you would like it!" Lol

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019
This just in: Ableton is working on and testing Live 11, Apple is working on Logic 11 and so on... The secret formula is that you take any current version number of any DAW and add 1 :P Then you say that the next version is going to have something many people have been wanting. You can't possibly go wrong! :D

You just take something that everybody is already thinking, based on the public fact that pre-testers exist for developers and couple that with the time that has passed. As far as I know, pre-testers for many developers are always testing something. Anybody can make such a claim. Reason 10 was announced/released in September/October 2017. Even with the predictability based on time passed, many of you may still determine that any person who makes a claim knew something, even if Reason 11 is announced much later. You could be the first person to create a thread about Live 11 if you want to be able to tell people, "See, I told you something was coming and that many of you would like it!" Lol
How do you explain the three deleted posts from a thread on RT regarding a certain email of unspecified origin (and content ;)) then?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Creativemind

19 Aug 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Ultimately though it's all speculation! I have absolutely no clue how close we are to 11 beyond these little rumours and leaks (and if I did know I wouldn't say sh*t haha). So for now, it's just back to making music and sound designing :)
I think it will be announced next week or the following week. Then it will be a month after it's released but as you say, no one knows. That's just a guess.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019

How do you explain the three deleted posts from a thread on RT regarding a certain email of unspecified origin (and content ;)) then?
Beats me. My point is that developers have pre-testers who I assume are always pre-testing new features and concepts... And that new versions of DAWs come with time. My calendar can be more of a determining factor in predicting something than a vague post made by a person under a psuedonym or a questionable email. In this day and age, with news and false stats created by memes on Facebook, I don't give much weight to a claim like this. And on top of that, if someone told me that pre-testers of Live 11 have been receiving emails from Ableton about new builds to test, it would only confirm something I imagine they have been doing, because pre-testers pre-test things all the time, and it still gives me no indication of a release date. That's my point.

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019

Beats me. My point is that developers have pre-testers who I assume are always pre-testing new features and concepts... And that new versions of DAWs come with time. My calendar can be more of a determining factor in predicting something than a vague post made by a person under a psuedonym or a questionable email. In this day and age, with news and false stats created by memes on Facebook, I don't give much weight to a claim like this. And on top of that, if someone told me that pre-testers of Live 11 have been receiving emails from Ableton about new builds to test, it would only confirm something I imagine they have been doing, because pre-testers pre-test things all the time, and it still gives me no indication of a release date. That's my point.
Fair enough. And in general, I wouldn't give posts like the ones on reddit much attention either.

But since the other leak - the quoted email from the deleted posts - stated an invite to "Reason 11 beta 3d383" (or something close), we can safely assume we're beyond the point of "pre-testing new features and concepts" and arrived at "testing new features and concepts with more users than we have before", right?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019

Fair enough. And in general, I wouldn't give posts like the ones on reddit much attention either.

But since the other leak - the quoted email from the deleted posts - stated an invite to "Reason 11 beta 3d383" (or something close), we can safely assume we're beyond the point of "pre-testing new features and concepts" and arrived at "testing new features and concepts with more users than we have before", right?
I can't speak to that. As far as I know there are not tiers of pre-testers. All I know if that there are a group of test pilots, which is no secret as there have been open calls for them in the past...and there are public beta testers, who receive invites and access after a public announcement. What you describe sounds unusual.

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019

I can't speak to that. As far as I know there are not tiers of pre-testers. All I know if that there are a group of test pilots, which is no secret as there have been open calls for them in the past...and there are public beta testers, who receive invites and access after a public announcement. What you describe sounds unusual.
Then why the deletion. One of the mods can attest to that I'm sure? The (highly reputable) user who posted about the email was only worried about the safety of his/her computer if he/she followed that link. Both answers from me and someone else asked the user to double check the link in a safe environment, like pasting the link into a notepad without hyperlinking capability. If that email actually was a phishing attempt and not an official email, the more people knew about it the better, wouldn't we all agree on that?

EnochLight

19 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Then why the deletion. One of the mods can attest to that I'm sure?
Perhaps the mod was just spontaneously assuming it was legit, and acted accordingly? None of the mods here work for Propellerhead.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Then why the deletion. One of the mods can attest to that I'm sure?
Perhaps the mod was just spontaneously assuming it was legit, and acted accordingly? None of the mods here work for Propellerhead.
Yeah sounds like a multitude of things and sounds like there was some concern and doubt about it...

If there was something questionable, that should go directly to the people who can answer those questions. As mentioned, ReasonTalk is not operated by Propellerhead, so this community is not the place to turn to for answers if something Propellerhead related is legit; that would be Propellerhead.

Further, the sharing of private emails and/or email addresses regardless of content, without permission, is not allowed. On that topic, even sharing your own email address is suggested against. I disapprove posts by new users often who say, "Hey I'm having trouble getting this to work, please email me at ***@***.com." I'll contact them directly and answer their question if I can and/or suggest they post without listing their email address publicly. I delete posts that say, "Hey, I found someone selling pirated copies of this ReFill, here's the ebay link..." As the ReasonTalk community can do nothing about it. When I come across it, I send that info directly to those who need to know; it doesn't need more public attention. If someone wants to get to the bottom of something that seems fishy, that person should really contact those directly who can help and actually answer the concerns. Things can be deleted for many reasons, including if rules are broken or at the request of the person who posted.

I really think we can move on from this and onto a regular ol' speculation thread. Another version of Reason is inevitable, right? Lets just stick to our tried and trusted tools of looking at the calendar, figuring time passed, and looking at feature requests and speculate with that :puf_smile: I think we can gather more from that than someone saying test pilots are testing (duh right?) and that a new version will have something that many people have been waiting for (duh again yeah?) :D

Zac

19 Aug 2019

:roll: why do you feel the need to control so much Joey? This thread might not meet with your approval but it's harmless speculation surely?

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2019

Nothing to see here people, it's all just one big misunderstanding.. :)

WongoTheSane

19 Aug 2019

Zac wrote:
19 Aug 2019
:roll: why do you feel the need to control so much Joey? This thread might not meet with your approval but it's harmless speculation surely?
Who has said anything about this thread? It's still going and we're not deleting anything. We deleted another thread which, if legit, contained a breach of NDA, which is blatantly illegal. Speculation is allowed and even welcomed!

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

Zac wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Just explaining my point of view on the matter is all.

Zac

19 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Zac wrote:
19 Aug 2019
Ok. Just not sure why you said this "I really think we can move on from this and onto a regular ol' speculation thread."

EnochLight

19 Aug 2019

Zac wrote:
19 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019

Ok. Just not sure why you said this "I really think we can move on from this and onto a regular ol' speculation thread."
I really wouldn't read too much into it, Zac.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

19 Aug 2019

Zac wrote:
19 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2019

Oh sorry it just seems like an egg is trying to be cracked that doesn't offer us anything. It doesn't tell us anything about timeline or features, whether it's legit or not. I'm just saying predictions could be more solid just going off of other things.

jam-s

19 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
18 Aug 2019
Ermitage wrote:
18 Aug 2019

Looks like we're finally getting our Radical Kazoo!
:D Isn't Processed Kalimbas (with a bitcrusher you can feed other instruments into!!! wowzers!) up first?
A-List cowbell is just around the corner as I've heard somewhere on the interwebs.

Jagwah

19 Aug 2019

I cbf
Last edited by Jagwah on 19 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

reggie1979

19 Aug 2019

The thing is, I don't know that it's trolling. You have now more than a couple of people "leaking" information in one way or another. It's about the right time for a new version to come out. This isn't like ancient aliens trolling that aliens came to earth for gold or wiped out the dinosaurs to seed earthlings. It's a possibility that there is some truth to it. Does that mean it's totally true? Who knows. If I was clairvoyant, I'd own everything :lol:

boingy

20 Aug 2019

buddard wrote:
19 Aug 2019
I've heard from a very reliable source inside the company that all knobs will go to 11 in honour of the version number.

Now that's what we're talking about. No matter who you are and what genre of music you make there will always coma a time when you need to go.... "ONE LOUDER". Fact. (Unless you are Enya). :thumbs_up:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

20 Aug 2019

buddard wrote:
19 Aug 2019
I've heard from a very reliable source inside the company that all knobs will go to 11 in honour of the version number.
There's been a knob that goes all the way to 11 for a couple of versions now.

• Information