Kong Routing Question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Periwinkle

17 Aug 2019

I've wired up Kong (using hard left and right panning) so that I have 16 mono outputs. One for each pad.

The only problem is, that as I switch in new kits, patches and samples, Kong re-centres the pans and the sounds bleed together.

Can anyone think of a way of locking the pans so that they don't move? (Maybe a routing solution ?)

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

MannequinRaces

17 Aug 2019

Where are your outputs going? If they’re going to individual mix channels do the panning there.

ljekio

17 Aug 2019

No way for kits and drum patches...
But you can drag samples into open nn-nano (or nurse), then pan and out settings will'nt change.

Reasonable man

17 Aug 2019

Ljekio said it. Use the nano or nurse octo browse button or whatever when loading in individual samples.

If loading in full kits and patches leave the panning......... and the routing at the bottom of the drum module as absoluley the last thing you do.

If you already wired and panned and routed etc .best thing to do if you want to compare patches is take out a second kong to do that in the 2nd kong .

You will sometimes have routing issues from the factoey patches if you want certain sounds on certain channells that arn't comming out mono when you've panned them left or right (usually hi-hats).. thats only because those pads are using the same nano sample'(that are automatically routed to the same 'drum assaignment' function but using different hit types) ..in those cases you have to go in and change the hit types or drum assaignment or put in a differnt nano sample on those pads to keep your panned routing the way you want it.

Love kong but it can be awkward.

• Information