Speculation about new dude

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

22 Aug 2019

stp2015 wrote:
22 Aug 2019
EnochLight wrote:
22 Aug 2019
My point was, it seemed as if you were suggesting new guy/Verdane were suddenly going to start doing something that hasn't already been done (use RE's as a revenue generator), as you said.
Props were clearly using REs to generate Revenue before Verdane invested, so I agree in that sense. But I do think (and hope!) that under the new management they will be more aggressive in monetizing REs via mobile, browser, ELK, etc.
I am 100% onboard with that, my friend. They've already done RE's on iOS with Reason Compact, and ELK could be truly awesome. They need to move full force ahead on that front! I'm a little shocked we haven't had more RE's appear in Reason Compact as it is.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Andy
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2019

Luxuria wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Andy wrote:
22 Aug 2019
This idea that Reason is being ignored is mind boggling to me. They are a business, I would expect them to take chances on new things while still being able to balance Reason development along with researching new technology and potential revenue streams. You honestly think Europa VST and web browser edition was not apart of research and development while making some money in the process? Not to mention an ad to prospective devs "hey look what you can do on our platform".

Also why are we asking for the CEO to come on forums to waste time but complain about lack of Reason development because they tried new things?
Because that is one of the roles of the CEO. It is his responsibility to communicate with the public about the company's vision. He is the public image that the company represents. It is his choice to what degree his public image is presented, but at the same time a seclusive CEO doesn't show much confidence in the leadership role.

"Ignored" is a harsh word to put in my mouth. My opinion was that with the Verdane stimulus; I was hoping to see more then the baseline. The updates for current Reason versions appears to be on par with version updates prior to Verdane. I'm sorry if I was wrong to assume that more money equaled more resources which lead to more core updates.

I cracked up at the picture a user posted of genie Will Smith with the caption "3 wishes, that's it!" because in a way it's true. I'll eat my words if V11 offers more then a handful of improvements.

Even funnier was Mattias saying the mixer themes didn't make the deadline for the update, to which a user replied "So... It's been 3 years, is it done yet?"

Let the RE market and web services do their milking, but how do you justify them blatantly holding such a small feature back to milk the core product? To stand behind a company that displays such practice is sheepish.

Again, I get that they are a small company and those small features help them buff up major updates, but we as consumers have a right to voice our concerns if we feel more can be offered without being entitled.

I understand that the company's culture is different then let's say another small DAW company such as Cockos and that Sweden is much more relaxed in terms of work/home balance. I'm happy Phead's aren't by any means an Avid to which Avid's "industry standard" has gotten to their heads.

I will be taking a backseat in discussion for the time being as my statements may have stirred up some negative opinions of me.
I would agree to a certain extent about the CEO responsibility to the public but considering they are a privately owned company and neither of us can buy or own shares in Propellerhead so their vision is really none of our concern. We buy a software license to use and make music. If it's not offering what we want we can move on, not that I am saying that's what you should do. I just don't get the need to know what they are doing. I just don't get it
I also don't get this idea where buying a license is considered an investment. Unless you are using it to make money you have picked up a liability that you have to spend money on every few years. An investment would be buying stocks in Propellerhead if you had that option and hopefully that stock would pay you dividends. So I do not see the need for a CEO to come on a message board to share the companies vision when that company is privately owned. How does sharing their vision help you or them?

As they have stated, they have to priorities features. For example, I would imaging VST usefulness, performance and core functionality would be more important than mixer themes.

I honestly have no negative opinions of you.
Last edited by Andy on 22 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

stp2015

22 Aug 2019

EnochLight wrote:
22 Aug 2019
I am 100% onboard with that, my friend. They've already done RE's on iOS with Reason Compact, and ELK could be truly awesome. They need to move full force ahead on that front! I'm a little shocked we haven't had more RE's appear in Reason Compact as it is.
Very good :puf_smile: Let's hope this happens

Molotovbeatz

22 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
16 Aug 2019

A majority of the things we've done since Reason 9.5 (the first version I managed) is based on user feedback.
So when can we have highlighted keynotes in the sequencer when we are playing with our external midi controller devices? Looks really simple and basic as in FL Studio. I can bet that many Reason owners here would agree about that option. We would like to see what we are playing on the screen.

It is challenging for us right now to find the right keynotes on the sequencer when we are moving the tracks around the keyboard sequencer. I would appreciate to have such option at least within Reason 11. I can wait.

Luxuria

26 Aug 2019

Luxuria wrote:
16 Aug 2019
foreshadowing.jpg

:shock:
v2.jpg
v2.jpg (33.3 KiB) Viewed 633 times
Introducing Reason Studios!!!!!!

DougalDarkly

28 Aug 2019

Deleted