[Wholesome topic] What do you LOVE about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Last Alternative

30 Aug 2019

I could’ve sworn I posted in this thread and I’m not finding it. Am I being censored?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

I like that making music in Reason feels more like fun than work. Some other DAWs might have more features, but just looking at them makes me feel totally uninspired to create.
I like the rack system.
I like the rack extension format, much more than working with a bunch of floating windows (vsts) all over my screen.
Having all REs in one place, on ONE account is wonderful.
I love the SSL Master Bus Compressor.
I love how you can just right click on whatever you want to automate. I tried Reaper before I got into Reason and the automation system was a horrible experience.
I like how you can have several Reason projects open at the same time. And you can easily copy from one to the other.
I love that it never crashes.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Aug 2019
I could’ve sworn I posted in this thread and I’m not finding it. Am I being censored?
I'm pretty sure you didn't post.
What were your reasons for loving it? I remember them better than the names of those who posted them.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Maybe someone posted while you were still writing and you didn't hit "post anyway" after you were notified. Happens to the best of us :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

30 Aug 2019

The speed you can just get on with things in Reason. For a linear sequencer, it's ultra fast, shortcuts are nice and easy, plus you can just get on and jam with minimal effort (at times).

Rex playing in Octorex while previewing at the BPM you're writing at. That alone is just gold to us. Breakbeat layers in seconds.

Oh and gotta love those cables. Godsend. Makes realworld wiring a breeze when you can use Reason as a tool to ge to grips with cabling and routing.

Thor for Audio to CV and back.... that is just seriously good fun when piping out CV>Audio LFOs from soundcard to external devices (we've even got another CV style rack guitar pedal board that chucks CV out of a 6.35 jack, which we pipe into Reason as audio and then watch our controls leap around in unison to our hardware) - get into this stuff and life just gets easier.

We've always been hooked into Reason since he earlier days too, and been onboard for the whole ride (and not getting off at any stops too)

• Information