Midi note manipulation

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JohnEgan

09 Aug 2019

Is it possible to reverse a melody line in MIDI with Reason 10? I know this is a pretty basic question, but I haven't yet found a way to do it.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, John

WongoTheSane

09 Aug 2019

Yes: right-click on the clip and select "Reverse" in the context menu.

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

And for some more tools and fun, press F8 and take a look around.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

JohnEgan

09 Aug 2019

Thanks very much for the prompt response. That's very helpful. Incidentally, do I have to reverse the whole clip, or can I select notes within the clip as well?
I have, up to now used audio recording almost exclusively, so it's about time I got to grips with MIDI editing basics.
Regards, John

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2019

JohnEgan wrote:
09 Aug 2019
Thanks very much for the prompt response. That's very helpful. Incidentally, do I have to reverse the whole clip, or can I select notes within the clip as well?
I have, up to now used audio recording almost exclusively, so it's about time I got to grips with MIDI editing basics.
Regards, John
If it's a part of a single note melody you need to reverse, you could cut out the piece you want to reverse with the razor tool, then reverse only that.

But you could also double click your midi clip, select the notes you wish and then right click / reverse.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

JohnEgan

09 Aug 2019

Many thanks for the very prompt replies.
Regards, John

• Information