Getting sound from Analog Lab 4 into Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaBurner

06 Aug 2019

Hi guys I'm a new Reason user, just started Sunday, and I have Analog Lab 4 which has an amazing amount of sounds, and I want to know how I can get these sounds to record on my Reason tracks. I'm pretty new at this stuff in general, I just have so many available sounds on that program that I want to tap into and put in Reason. Any help appreciated.

NekujaK

06 Aug 2019

Analog Lab 4 can be used like any other VST plugin in Reason. So basically, once you're in Reason:
- Open Reason's Browser in the left panel
- Make sure Instruments is selected in the upper left
- Scroll down the list until you find Arturia
- Under Arturia, you should see Analog Lab 4. Just double-click it to add it to the Reason rack and a sequencer track will automatically be created for the instrument (or you can drag it over to the rack or the sequencer).

Now you can play and record with Analog Lab 4!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

DaBurner

06 Aug 2019

What if Arturia isn't shown in the list? I only have the trial version right now, and before I upgrade to the full version I really need to figure this out as I love the sounds from Analog Lab 4.

Under Instruments it says "Reason Devices" but doesn't list anything by Arturia. I have Analog Lab 4 running as well. I don't want to come off as a moron but do I need to download a VST plugin for Arturia to show up? I'm not familiar with DAW's in general although I'm pretty damn good with computers. Thanks.

NekujaK

06 Aug 2019

I can't say for sure what you downloaded from Arturia, but for it to work in Reason, you need to download the VST version of Analog Lab 4.

If you already did that, then it sounds like Reason is unaware of the plugin - this should be easy to remedy. In Reason:

- In the File menu, select Preferences.
- In the Preferences dialog, click the Advanced tab

There's a section in the middle of the dialog where you can "tell" Reason where it can find VST plugins. Simply enter the directory path where you installed Analog Lab 4, then restart Reason.

In general, you should try to install all VST plugins under a single directory, so it'll be easier to troubleshoot and manage the plugins. However, sometiems multiple install locations can't be avoided, so you will need to add the additional directory paths in the Advanced tab so Reason knows where to look for the plugins.

Let us know how it goes...

NekujaK

06 Aug 2019

One other thing... Analog Lab happens to be one of the few plugins that installs both as a plugin and a standalone application. You're able to launch and use the standalone version outside of Reason. But within Reason, you need to use the plugin (VST) version.

If I recall correctly, both versions are supllied with the trial that's downloaded from Arturia.

jam-s

06 Aug 2019

Also for VST to work in Reason you need at least version 9.5.

DaBurner

07 Aug 2019

WOW. Thanks so much, I am still very new to this, and now I have it in my rack on Reason. So much more to learn!

• Information