browser not showing all folders?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
PhillipOrdonez

05 Aug 2019

Anyone know why and how can this be fixed? I got a folder with sub folders with all my samples within. This samples folder is pinned to the browser for easy access. Today I was organising my projects and some old projects couldn't locate some samples. Then I realised that at least one sub folder was not showing up on the reason browser and its files weren't accessible, while the folder was there on Windows file explorer with all its files.

I'm on W10, latest version of Reason.

DrGOA®

06 Aug 2019

First - check the folders preferences. If they are hidden - Reason will not shows them.
Second - check the samles bits. If they are 32 bits - Reason will not shows them. But that's not the case, because you created projects with the same samples.

Can Reason loads automatically samples from subfolders?
Try to self-contain projects.

DrGOA®

06 Aug 2019

I had the same problem with refills. Reason can't load samples, even when the folder was pinned.
So, I copied needed refills in Reason folder and the problem was solved.
Try this:
First open your project and locate missing samples.
Then self-contain project and save it.
For future projects - check in "Edit>Preferences" this option "Self-contain samples when loading from disk".

Soeno

06 Aug 2019

reson browser needs some improvements for sure imo, sometime unusable, no access to some folders on my system

• Information