Windows 7 to 10 and M-audio Delta 66 Compatablity?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

05 Aug 2019

As the deadline for end of support for windows 7 approaches. many of us have been upgrading to Windows 10.
I've been extremly happy using Windows 7 and my ancient M-audio Delta 66 sound card.

I'm interested in people experiance with old sound cards in windows 10?
So i searched my situation and I got this

https://getsatisfaction.com/m-audio/top ... windows-10

On the propellerhead side I know this was an issue that was corrected in upgrades in 10 to 10.4

On the Windows 10 compatablity with old sounds cards
is anybody here using old sound cards like me?

In researching the upgrade topic I came across this Windows 10 optimaztion for music computers

https://youtu.be/bxtkEyGih2g?t=12

Any advice appreciated

WillyOD

05 Aug 2019

If you have audio drivers for Windows 7 and/or Windows 8 it will most likely work in Windows 10 with the same drivers.

For example I have Roland/Edirol FA-101 with Windows 8 drivers from years ago and they work fine in Windows 10, tbere are no Win10 specific drivers available.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

WillyOD

05 Aug 2019

Or just keep using your Windows 7 machine. Just because Microsoft is ending support doesn't mean it won't be supported (I know...). Look at Windows XP, its still kinda kicking around.

What you will eventually miss is the latest updates and fixes for possible exploits, but you should be just ok for years to come. Maybe disconnect the computer from the Internet eventually and just connect it online when you need to update your audio stuff.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

owlymane

05 Aug 2019

I dunno about u guys, but I love my win10. Sure win7 was awesome when it came out, but I love my win 10 (despite the latest bug rumours..Im in Europe with the latest win10 update 1903 and its running flawlessly afaic)

And yes I never heard anything regarding drivers working on 7 but not on 10, you could hear the other way around.

But yeah trust 10 and go for it! I'd be surprised if you regret it :D

calebbrennan

08 Aug 2019

thanks everybody for yor replies they defintily helped.
I got my system up and running today Running Windows 10 and reason 10
with old sound card driver

• Information