virtual midi keyboard issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samsome

31 Jul 2019

i have the subtractor and polyphony enabled...high value 8

when i press 3 notes at a time everything works

except when i hit D Y J same time...it only allows me only two notes for that??? whats wrong

diminished
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2019

Your qwerty keyboard is probably limiting the amount of keys transmitted at the same time, wether that's by design or due to cheap chipsets.
Get a real midi keyboard or a mechanical qwerty.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

samsome

31 Jul 2019

but it works for all the rest....does it really create a problem only for DYJ ...isnt' there a way to fix this :/ i just want the laptop for now

diminished
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2019

Play two notes and add the third one later if it's really only this combination of letters that's affected.
It happens on my keyboard too but with different letters.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

samsome

31 Jul 2019

u're right , i changed one of the letters in Edit/preferences/advanced/ keyboard mapping to another one and now it works

thanks!

joeyluck

31 Jul 2019

As diminished mentioned, this is expected. I use my qwerty keyboard on the go often, but attaching a Scales and Chords player (or another similar player) is where it's at and helps to overcome the limitations of a qwerty keyboard.

• Information