Creating mixed meter loop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
maxschr

29 Jul 2019

Hello!

I was wondering if someone had a suggestion for how to create a series of loops that are in multiple time signatures that are meant to phase in and out of sync with each other.

I though I could do this with a Dr. OctoRex, but all of my samples keep getting one or two beats of silence added to them so that they make a 4/4 bar.

Ideally I would like to have about a dozen samples all between 5 and 21 beats long that I can trigger independently and bring in and out of phase.

Many thanks in advance.

napynap

30 Jul 2019

If I'm understanding you correctly, try using the Drum Sequencer by Propellerhead. You can create loops of different lengths that can be played together. Once installed, it can be found under Players.

Make Drum Patterns with Drum Sequencer
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

boingy

30 Jul 2019

If they are all audio and all in the same tempo you could just stick them in NXT or Kong and trigger them as appropriate.

Or you could hop across into Live. :evil:

selig
RE Developer

30 Jul 2019

maxschr wrote:
29 Jul 2019
Hello!

I was wondering if someone had a suggestion for how to create a series of loops that are in multiple time signatures that are meant to phase in and out of sync with each other.

I though I could do this with a Dr. OctoRex, but all of my samples keep getting one or two beats of silence added to them so that they make a 4/4 bar.

Ideally I would like to have about a dozen samples all between 5 and 21 beats long that I can trigger independently and bring in and out of phase.

Many thanks in advance.
Questions: what kind of loops, REX files from ReCycle, REX files from Reason, audio files?
(what technique are you using to get your samples into Dr Octa Rex?)

When creating a REX file for Dr Octa Rex you can define the length, and it sounds like all your REX loops are defined as 4/4 at present.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information