Mapping a combinator button to a device bypass?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Traelarah

28 Jul 2019

Is this possible? Trying to make a simple on/off switch for a patch being effected by Alligator, where ON value is is ON, and the off value is Bypass, but I'm not having much luck. Swear up and down I saw it done in a video once. Am I crazy?
Just your average fiddler dabbling in Reason 11/Ableton.

MannequinRaces

28 Jul 2019

This used to be possible by assigning a min value of min 0 for bypass and a max value of 1 for on but in the combinator there is no option for the on setting which is weird. It's either in bypass mode or off mode, no on mode. If you have just the one effect in the combinator you can use the button labeled 'Bypass All FX' which is located below the Run Pattern Devices Button.

I wonder when this changed though instead of being able to type in numbers for the min and max values for the enabled parameter.... anybody?

Heigen5

29 Jul 2019

There is a Bypass, you just pick the "Enabled" for any device and there's a "Bypass" .

mjxl

29 Jul 2019

Annotation 2019-07-29 165036.jpg
Annotation 2019-07-29 165036.jpg (91.24 KiB) Viewed 365 times

rgdaniel

29 Jul 2019

The Master > Enabled property of e.g. Alligator, when assigned as the source of a combinator button, CAN be assigned to any of the three states, Off, On, Bypass. However, it can be difficult to actually set it to On with the mouse. I tend to scroll right past the On state so fast I don't even see it. The trick where you hold down the shift key for accuracy seems to help.

MannequinRaces

29 Jul 2019

rgdaniel wrote:
29 Jul 2019
The Master > Enabled property of e.g. Alligator, when assigned as the source of a combinator button, CAN be assigned to any of the three states, Off, On, Bypass. However, it can be difficult to actually set it to On with the mouse. I tend to scroll right past the On state so fast I don't even see it. The trick where you hold down the shift key for accuracy seems to help.
That’s good to know. I didn’t see it at all. Bad UI that you have to hold down shift to see an important value.

mjxl

29 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
29 Jul 2019
rgdaniel wrote:
29 Jul 2019
That’s good to know. I didn’t see it at all. Bad UI that you have to hold down shift to see an important value.
Tbh all the controls in Reason are waaaay to responsive, even on low dpi and holding shift a small knob is super hard to control IMHO

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2019

Just keep in mind you can get pops this way. Depending on what you want to do changing dry/wet can be better to automate, or add a gain device (eg Synchronous can be used for only for gain control with -100%). There is usually a small lag in devices when adjusting gain, so you don't get the pops, but fast enough so it sounds like instant.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information